ADVERTISEMENT

Time for a permanent post-rival game

onebigdude

Sep 4, 2015
I like the idea of playing a team like Akron right after the CU game.

If we lose to the tiggers, such a game gives us a chance to get the taste from our mouths as soon as possible.

If we win against the tiggers, we keep the good vibes rolling and get in an extra bit of action before bowl practice.

Thoughts?

Interesting. Would have to move the Clemson game up though, it wouldn't be on rival weekend.

FSU and Miami used to play first game of the year.
They will never go for it. Just think how many empty seats there will be this weekend

Nope. There's a reason it's called rivalry weekend. The true rivalry games around the country are all played on that weekend.

Once again, the Carolina/Clemson game is the event around which the entire sports year revolves. After that game, if the game title doesn't have the word "Championship" in it, it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I know one thing. Had we maintained our talent level between 2013 and now we would’ve had some GREAT prime time national games with the taters. It would’ve been like at no other time.
Hopefully we start making them that way. We had better. The state university with SEC money should expect as much!

FSU and Miami used to play first game of the year.
They will never go for it. Just think how many empty seats there will be this weekend
To be honest, empty seats this weekend has nothing to do with game being after our rival game. Which makes your point kinda baseless. We would have as many people as we would at any other game of the magnitude or level of the competition were playing that we have always had. I kinda like Clemson being the last game but your comment was incorrect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT