ADVERTISEMENT

Tips on surviving Tater family and friends until 2020

Sorry to hear and I’m happy this young man had a day of happiness. There are things bigger.
At the end of it... they are still from South Carolina.

My wife keeps picking at me about what I'm going to do if my daughter wants to go to Clempson.

My response hasn't changed; "It better be for a major that she is truly interested in and Clempson has a good school for it; but NO to Georgia"

Just be proactive in congratulating them, control the conversation.

Sometimes I lie and say I was rooting for Clemson, and they say why alabama is from the SEC.. And I tell them the old quote, well the devil is the Bible, but I don't root for him

That gets a laugh and they feel they had their fun with me and the convo ends.

I understand and respect the strategy, but can't let my self do this.

Mine usually ends with, "look I am happy for you as my friend (insert the handful of friends/family I tolerate in my life that are Clemtech alum), but I could care less for your school and wouldn't pull for you school unless it was North Korea or Urban Meyer, and even then probably not.

Some of these folks say, well I pull for Carolina when they don't play Clemtech, I say liar, it does't work that way but keep telling yourself that. & even if thats the case it in no way obligates me to give a crap about cow U..........

understand and respect the strategy, but can't let my self do this.

Yes my strategy is not for all, but I believe they will get 1 or 2 more with QB Lawrence, in the short term I have lost hope. So I'm positioning myself as no fun to mess with so hopefully they leave me alone next year.

Reactions: king ward
My pastor is a UPC alum - a civil engineer with a respected firm who left a lucrative profession in which he had a great future to answer the call to ministry. I respect that, and I love him. But I told him this past Sunday, I can't pull for y'all. If y'all win on Monday, I can be happy for you because of what you have meant to my family and me, but I can't and won't be pulling for y'all. I call that "balance".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT