ADVERTISEMENT

To boo or not to boo?

KayakCock

Jun 29, 2015
Boo: professional athletes, Clemson (or any other opposing team), and Rod Dangerfield.

Don’t boo: our student athletes

Argument 1: 18 year olds are able to serve in the military and see combat. Therefore, our players should be able to handle some jeers and boo’s.
Response: This ain’t war, and thank God for it. This is college football with amateur athletes. Loss of life and limb is very uncommon, but look no further than Marcus Lattimore for an example of gruesome disfigurement and long term health consequences. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. If you step on the field, you take the risk.

Argument 2: I pay good money for my tickets, I’ll boo if I want to boo.
Response: That’s your right, no one can stop you. I believe you have lost some perspective, however. College football is big business for the coaches, the athletic departments, and the sports networks, but our players aren’t profiting. If anything, they are being exploited. The university isn’t going to pay for their medical bills after their career is over. We are only beginning to understand the long term effects of repeated head trauma. Don’t believe it affects your cognitive function? I bet you never played the game. Bottom line: The players want to win. As long as they make that effort, they don’t owe you $hit.

Argument 3: These are coddled manchilds who grew up receiving participation trophies. If they can’t take the booing, they are just soft.
Responses: You sound like a bitter geriatric who never achieved anything of significance in your life. Quit projecting your inadequacies upon an entire generation. For the love of God, don’t post your resume on a message board.

Boo: professional athletes, Clemson (or any other opposing team), and Rod Dangerfield.

Don’t boo: our student athletes

Argument 1: 18 year olds are able to serve in the military and see combat. Therefore, our players should be able to handle some jeers and boo’s.
Response: This ain’t war, and thank God for it. This is college football with amateur athletes. Loss of life and limb is very uncommon, but look no further than Marcus Lattimore for an example of gruesome disfigurement and long term health consequences. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. If you step on the field, you take the risk.

Argument 2: I pay good money for my tickets, I’ll boo if I want to boo.
Response: That’s your right, no one can stop you. I believe you have lost some perspective, however. College football is big business for the coaches, the athletic departments, and the sports networks, but our players aren’t profiting. If anything, they are being exploited. The university isn’t going to pay for their medical bills after their career is over. We are only beginning to understand the long term effects of repeated head trauma. Don’t believe it affects your cognitive function? I bet you never played the game. Bottom line: The players want to win. As long as they make that effort, they don’t owe you $hit.

Argument 3: These are coddled manchilds who grew up receiving participation trophies. If they can’t take the booing, they are just soft.
Responses: You sound like a bitter geriatric who never achieved anything of significance in your life. Quit projecting your inadequacies upon an entire generation. For the love of God, don’t post your resume on a message board.
Why do you make a new post ??????? WTH respond to that post not make a new one. You copied and pasted someone's post, just respond to that post instead of starting a new one.

The bleeding hearts appear. One, these aren't kids. Many others their age are working to support themselves, and others are in harms way defending our country. This isn't some youth league where the effort is worth your support. It is big business. A huge majority of these "kids" couldn't dream of gaining admission to a major university with their football talents. And when things go well, they are treated as kings by the masses in a way most could only dream of. The head coach makes millions, and the assistants make more than they ever dreamed of. They charge a premium fee to watch the team play. It is entertainment, no different than anything else one pays to see. The folks that foot the bill have every right to voice their disapproval when they don't feel they are getting a fair return on their investment.

Don't put a crappy product on the field then you won't have to worry about the boos.

Play the QB everyone saw win last week against a team that held Bama to their lowest point total of the season last night. Then you won't hear the Boos.

Quit abandoning the run when it's obviously working. Then you won't hear the Boos.

Quit doing the same stupid crap you did at Florida when you promised you'd learned from your mistakes. Then you won't hear the Boos.

Stop telling others what to do. If you don't want to boo them then don't. I'll do what I damn well please at the games and it's really non of your business. Apparently you're one of those people that can let others have their own opinion. Give it a rest.

Stop telling others what to do. If you don't want to boo them then don't. I'll do what I damn well please at the games and it's really non of your business. Apparently you're one of those people that can let others have their own opinion. Give it a rest.
Did I trigger you? Stop crying. I said that no one can stop you from booing in my first post. Doesn’t mean I can’t call you an a$$hole. Everyone else is thinking it, I’m just saying it.

The interception was not a difficult play. Very short pass not heavily defended put nonetheless thrown directly into the arms of the defender. Difficult to not boo that failure. Overall the dropped passes doomed us.

Argument #1: I agree thank God it isn’t war. If so we are pulling for the Germans and Japanese in 1945. It’s not looking good.

Argument #2: No doubt it’s a business. No the players don’t owe the fans $hit, but that’s a 2 way street. The fans do not owe the players sunshines and rainbows either. Some players are profiting under the table. Almost all on the field are getting a scholarship. They get 4-5 years of food, clothing, shoes, room and board. Some are getting lucrative insurance policies. Some will have the potential to make more money than most of us will ever dream of seeing. It’s not like they are getting nothing. You can spew that elsewhere.

Argument #3: You can call me geriatric all you want, a person trying to compete in the SEC on the football field that is worrying about getting booed is state fair cotton candy a$$ soft. You’re sounding like a millennial that wants the world to hand you something and pitch a fit when they don’t agree.

Argument #1: I agree thank God it isn’t war. If so we are pulling for the Germans and Japanese in 1945. It’s not looking good.

Argument #2: No doubt it’s a business. No the players don’t owe the fans $hit, but that’s a 2 way street. The fans do not owe the players sunshines and rainbows either. Some players are profiting under the table. Almost all on the field are getting a scholarship. They get 4-5 years of food, clothing, shoes, room and board. Some are getting lucrative insurance policies. Some will have the potential to make more money than most of us will ever dream of seeing. It’s not like they are getting nothing. You can spew that elsewhere.

Argument #3: You can call me geriatric all you want, a person trying to compete in the SEC on the football field that is worrying about getting booed is state fair cotton candy a$$ soft. You’re sounding like a millennial that wants the world to hand you something and pitch a fit when they don’t agree.

You had me until #3. I’m not a millennial, I’m slightly too old.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT