ADVERTISEMENT

Well CSB Has Chosen to Live (Succeed) or Sink(Fail) with His Crew(Coaches)

Crazy Cock 89

Nov 27, 2011
This is when other HC's have terminated Unsuccessful coaches and rehired new coaches that have produced. I understand waiting until after Early Signing Day Period was over. When HC changes his/her staff it improves morale among players, fans and also inspires hope for the future success of the program.

I hope CSB's decision to keep his current coaches results in a success story for him, his staff, our fans and the USC Program. If it doesn't workout. How patient will our AD, Athletic Dept, and our University Be? How much time is enough to raise your level of performance in the sport you are coaching?

I think Beamer needs to be coaching for his job in 2024. 5-7 isn't acceptable. He's telling us he has the right guys in place. If he's right and we have a turnaround season this fall, great. If he's wrong we don't need a coach who isn't willing to do whatever it takes to have a winning program.

I am beginning to question whether Beamer would have fired his wedding usher friend Satterfield had Matt Rhule not taken him off our hands. Has Beamer fired anyone since becoming Head Coach? Part of being a successful Head Coach is having the intestinal fortitude of doing the distasteful act of firing people when it is called for. I find it hard to believe that in a season of underachieving, every facet of the program performed as expected.

Where is Ray Tanner in all this? Bob Marcum realized changes needed to be made on Richard Bell's staff. When Bell resisted due to friendships with his coaches, Marcum fired Bell and hired Joe Morrison.

Reactions: Robhawk29
I think Beamer needs to be coaching for his job in 2024. 5-7 isn't acceptable. He's telling us he has the right guys in place. If he's right and we have a turnaround season this fall, great. If he's wrong we don't need a coach who isn't willing to do whatever it takes to have a winning program.

It's setting up for us to have another losing season next year but then Beamer will fire the assistant coaches and the fans will use that to justify giving Beamer a third losing season.

Last edited:
It's setting up for us to have another losing season next year but then Beamer will fire the assistance coaches and the fans will use that to justify giving Beamer a third losing season.
It's setting up for us to have another losing season next year but then Beamer will fire the assistance coaches and the fans will use that to justify giving Beamer a third losing season.
You and I would be willing to fire his ass. But you and I don't matter.

I like Beamer. But we cant have another season like 2023.

We very well may end up with another year like 2023. We won't be favorites in many games. And we'll need a lot of question marks to all turn out good to pull some upsets.

I agree with above that if that happens, we'll fire a couple staff positions, and that will be reason to go into year 5 "optimistic".

I just hope Ray is gone after that.

Last edited:
We very well may end up with another year like 2023. We won't be favorites in many games. And we'll need a lot of question marks to all turn out good to pull some upsets.

I agree with above that if that happens, we'll fire a couple staff positions, and that will be reason to go into year 5 "optimistic".

Ray is getting paid millions to do as little as possible with no job pressure. He isn’t leaving unless he is ran off.

Hate to break it to you but Ray got extended to 2026. He's going nowhere. I've been begging for his forced retirement since 2015.

• Angry
Reactions: Patriot321
This is when other HC's have terminated Unsuccessful coaches and rehired new coaches that have produced. I understand waiting until after Early Signing Day Period was over. When HC changes his/her staff it improves morale among players, fans and also inspires hope for the future success of the program.

I hope CSB's decision to keep his current coaches results in a success story for him, his staff, our fans and the USC Program. If it doesn't workout. How patient will our AD, Athletic Dept, and our University Be? How much time is enough to raise your level of performance in the sport you are coaching?

Ray is getting paid millions to do as little as possible with no job pressure. He isn’t leaving unless he is ran off.

I "liked", not because this makes me happy, but because I agree he probably won't go anywhere.

I would think he would fire the O-Line coach as a minimum.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Let the chips fall where they may. They weren't going to unload Loggins after 1 year. White did a good job overall with developing a young defense during the season. The offense did him no favors. The position coaches (particularly offense) probably need a shuffle.

In terms of Ray, what exactly are we going to accomplish by firing him at this point besides a likely drop in fundraising?

+ Beamer is here for at least a couple more years. He has about the same number of SEC wins that Spurrier and Muschamp had after 3 seasons and (unlike Spurrier or Muschamp) is dealing with the NIL/Portal, brutal scheduling and a strong SEC East.

+ Our basketball team is 12-1 with a 2nd year coach.

+ Our baseball team was in the Top 3 for the majority of last season. They lost to the best team in the country on their home field in the Supers in a very close 3-game series.

+ Our WBB is dynamite.

Reactions: jimnasium
If he can't flip that to 7-5 I don't see much reason to keep believing he'll ever do better than 6-6 with the portal and NIL crap. This year's challenge is to find 6 teams on our schedule that we will be favored to beat. 🙂

Most quality head coaches would avoid taking the South Carolina job. It is really a dead end job.
There's some validity in what you say there. I would hope that the fact that 2 coaches of the caliber of Hall of Famers Holtz and Spurrier taking the job, especially the job that Spurrier did, should tell quality coaches that this job has enormous potential. I would not judge the job on the fact that Tanner hired a proven failure as Head Coach (Muschamp) and a Nepotism Baby as Head Coach (Beamer). That is reflective on Tanner, not the job.

What do you, and anyone else, think of that train of thought?

There's some validity in what you say there. I would hope that the fact that 2 coaches of the caliber of Hall of Famers Holtz and Spurrier taking the job, especially the job that Spurrier did, should tell quality coaches that this job has enormous potential. I would not judge the job on the fact that Tanner hired a proven failure as Head Coach (Muschamp) and a Nepotism Baby as Head Coach (Beamer). That is reflective on Tanner, not the job.

What do you, and anyone else, think of that train of thought?
I'd take any head coach from a smaller school with a history of success at that level at this point. I don't see the light suddenly turning on next season as brilliant coaching and execution ensues. Nope.

You could have said the same for Ole Miss and Mizzu, but look at them now. A good head coach can do wonders. Cheerleader Beamer is not that guy.

Ole Miss has been buying players non-stop since EOY 2021 and they don't hide it whatsoever. Many reporting they are now paying OL significant $$. Potentially the largest NIL in the SEC. I think Beamer could work with Oxford's land donors.

Were you trumpeting our 2022 8-5 season when Missouri ran into a tough schedule and were sub .500? We had a good year in 2022 with an easier/favorable home schedule. They had one in 2023 and could very well again in 2024 because of the way the new team scheduling shook out.

Context matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
I'd take any head coach from a smaller school with a history of success at that level at this point. I don't see the light suddenly turning on next season as brilliant coaching and execution ensues. Nope.
I think deep down inside, we all know that Tanner will not pull the trigger next year. However, if our record turns out to be worse than this past season, all bets are off as to what Tanner will do. But, I cannot see us finishing worse than 5-7 next season.

Down right sad that we are here having to use 6-6 as a successful benchmark in year 4.
People need to look, not only at the jobs done by Kiffin and Drinkwitz, but also at the job done by Heupel at Tennessee who was hired at the same time that Beamer was hired by Carolina. Stop making excuses for Beamer and start expecting results. 6-6 in Year 4 would be embarrassing.

You could have said the same for Ole Miss and Mizzu, but look at them now. A good head coach can do wonders. Cheerleader Beamer is not that guy.
My point is that SC coaches either retire or go elsewhere as assistant coaches until they eventually retire — they never go anywhere else as a head coach ( with possibly the exception of an interim coach who went to Georgia State as HC). Ole Miss. coaches have gone on to other HC jobs. Don’t know about Mizzou’s HC coaching history — mainly because I don’t GAS about anything or anyone from Missouri.

Last edited:
My point is that SC coaches either retire or go elsewhere as assistant coaches until they eventually retire — they never go anywhere else as a head coach ( with possibly the exception of an interim coach who went to Georgia State as HC). Ole Miss. coaches have gone on to other HC jobs. Don’t know about Mizzou’s HC coaching history — mainly because I don’t GAS about anything or anyone from Missouri.
Wasn't Holts an asset here before going else where and then becoming hc at ND and winning a NC?

Reactions: gamecock stock
I like Beamer. But we cant have another season like 2023.
I respect your loyalty. Just asking and not trying to put you on the spot or pull your tail. Will two more 5-7 seasons convince you it's time for a HC change, while keeping in mind, Akron, Old Dominion, Wofford, and Vandy are on the schedule next year?

The fact we waited 6 weeks to fire Hardesty and didn’t make an immediate hire shows Beamer didn’t have an actual plan and just panicked, right?

Wrong. Looks like Beamer had a plan. Upgraded with a much more experienced SEC coach and pulled back Brady Hunt from TAMU. Guess we all see now why Hunt flipped back 4 days ago.

Well played, Beamer. Well played.

The fact we waited 6 weeks to fire Hardesty and didn’t make an immediate hire shows Beamer didn’t have an actual plan and just panicked, right?
Today just shows you have no clue what you are talking about. Beamer obviously had lots of plans.
First, we hear they went to A&M and hired a new coach then we hear Wright is leaving. I am sure Beamer probably knew he was leaving so he went and hired a great replacement.
Don't just get a new TE coach. get one that has loads of SEC offensive experience, once an OC, James Coley.

And while he's at it, hire a true proven RB coach, Newland Isaac. Liberty got 4271 rushing yards this past season. 6.1 yards per attempt. 293 avg. per game with 39 TDs. This man has proven he can coach up RB's.
His family was already in Columbia last week looking at schools their kids might go to. Sounds like they knew an offer was coming and are planning to be here.

Just like with Loggains, Beamer is always planning what is best for this team. The only reason he waited was to get through the recruiting period.

Last edited:
The only reason he waited was to get through the recruiting period.

So, he waited, then fired a guy without having a hire lined up, and you see genius while Watson sees panic.

If anything doesn't sum up message boards better....

Coley looks to be a good hire, I am curious what position he ends up taking with the staff. I think it'll encompass more than the TE's.

I forget, are we supposed to be happy about hires, or are we still pretending Beamer has no choice and has to settle for all these coaches?

So, he waited, then fired a guy without having a hire lined up, and you see genius while Watson sees panic.

If anything doesn't sum up message boards better....

Coley looks to be a good hire, I am curious what position he ends up taking with the staff. I think it'll encompass more than the TE's.

I forget, are we supposed to be happy about hires, or are we still pretending Beamer has no choice and has to settle for all these coaches?

Comeon Lurker -- When do you (errrr...."Watson") not see panic about anything Beamer does? It doesn't matter if we win or lose under Beamer, Watson is consistently critical.

What's the issue with firing/hiring position coaches after the holidays? It provides more room to see what's available. You're not going to "coach 'em up" in the interim either way.

And what coaches is he settling for? Do you have a list of the can't miss OL, RB or TE coaches that are chomping at the bit to come to Columbia?

Today just shows you have no clue what you are talking about. Beamer obviously had lots of plans.
First, we hear they went to A&M and hired a new coach then we hear Wright is leaving. I am sure Beamer probably knew he was leaving so he went and hired a great replacement.
Don't just get a new TE coach. get one that has loads of SEC offensive experience, once an OC, James Coley.

And while he's at it, hire a true proven RB coach, Newland Isaac. Liberty got 4271 rushing yards this past season. 6.1 yards per attempt. 293 avg. per game with 39 TDs. This man has proven he can coach up RB's.
His family was already in Columbia last week looking at schools their kids might go to. Sounds like they knew an offer was coming and are planning to be here.

Just like with Loggains, Beamer is always planning what is best for this team. The only reason he waited was to get through the recruiting period.

Yep. The earlier release of the RB coach was likely done to make sure there was a spot to go ahead and sign Coley just in case the timing of Wright leaving got pushed. That's why Hunt flipped back almost immediately after Hardesty was fired. Hunt knew this was going to happen. And now that Wright has done his deal with Murray St, this has been announced and his spot comes open to backfill with a new RB coach. And now we are seeing reports about Issac today. Obviously not just random events based in panic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT