ADVERTISEMENT

To the USC Board of Trustees

RashCock

Aug 12, 2011
Thank you so much people. You have served us well. Firing the only professional Athletic Director that we have ever had, because some of your car dealer buddies lost their free parking spots, and taking our 2 time National Championship winning baseball coach out of the dugout to replace him.

Well done guys. Really. You should be so proud of yourselves.The future is so bright.

Will Muschamp. Some new guy I will not bother to learn the name of. Well at least we have Dawn Staley.

Someone wake me up when the Ray Tanner debacle is over.

Reactions: pettyw
Hyman wasn't fired, he chose to leave. They didn't talk Ray into AD, he wanted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: atl-cock
Thank you so much people. You have served us well. Firing the only professional Athletic Director that we have ever had, because some of your car dealer buddies lost their free parking spots, and taking our 2 time National Championship winning baseball coach out of the dugout to replace him.

Well done guys. Really. You should be so proud of yourselves.The future is so bright.

Will Muschamp. Some new guy I will not bother to learn the name of. Well at least we have Dawn Staley.

clown

i-love-clowns_o_1005971_zpse3b03393.jpg

Hyman wasn't fired, he chose to leave. They didn't talk Ray into AD, he wanted it.
Hyman left to go where his children were living. He turned down the UNC offer. I had a personal email from him...and he said he no longer had any ties to UNC...so why return. Unfortunately...I think...he did have ties to Texas. I wonder what he is doing now. I guess retired in Texas...visiting his children and grandchildren?

FAKE NEWS comes to GC. Guess it was only a matter of time.

If you're talking about that dickhead Hyman, he was not a great AD. His fantastic achievements included getting a Spurrier program put on NCAA probation because of incompetence in his compliance department, micromanaging Spurrier's football program, hiring his wife and his UNC friends in prominent administration jobs, and the complete debacle of how his AD's office handled the Stephen Garcia matter. Ask any Aggie about Hyman. Good riddance.

Hyman left own his own. He was fired after two years at A&M because he was a POS. Under Hyman every program except Football (Spurrier) and Baseball (Tanner) suffered. When he took over we were finishing in the top 25 in the Directors cup but we failed to do so any year he was our AD. Season football ticket sales dropped by 20,000. Gamecock club membership dropped by 50%. His reseating plan according to Hyman himself was at best revenue neutral.

Under Ray with a bad football product season ticket sales have increased by 10,000 WITH increasing prices. Gamecock club membership has increased by 70%! and we are once again on pace to finish in the top 25 in the Directors cup!

I wish Ray was still our BB coach, but he wanted the AD job and we needed someone with his personality to sooth the wounds left by Hyman.

They are all good ole boys more about furthering their own fortunes rather than USC.
This is about what they have everywhere I would guess. I do wish some of our "boosters" would put more money where their mouth is. Spurrier got a lot of people to up their support but we have a lot of rich folks that could do more. You need big $ people like Bama

I'd rather win 11 plus games in football than worry about the sears cup. You can keep the underwater basketweaving.

Hyman left own his own. He was fired after two years at A&M because he was a POS. Under Hyman every program except Football (Spurrier) and Baseball (Tanner) suffered. When he took over we were finishing in the top 25 in the Directors cup but we failed to do so any year he was our AD. Season football ticket sales dropped by 20,000. Gamecock club membership dropped by 50%. His reseating plan according to Hyman himself was at best revenue neutral.

Under Ray with a bad football product season ticket sales have increased by 10,000 WITH increasing prices. Gamecock club membership has increased by 70%! and we are once again on pace to finish in the top 25 in the Directors cup!

I wish Ray was still our BB coach, but he wanted the AD job and we needed someone with his personality to sooth the wounds left by Hyman.

I think our bot has been crap for 100 plus years. They are all good ole boys more about furthering their own fortunes rather than USC. I will shrug and hope for the best on this hire. Our history shows the effectiveness of our bot. Hope for better.
Dang exactly how are you Noo?

This. Football, basketball, baseball in that order. Think I said this before, football is 90% of my give a damn, basketball 8%, and baseball 2%. I hope we win in all other sports but really doesn't matter. To know that we blew the opportunity to be an elite football program long term is awful. Meanwhile, have to live in the upstate around people in orange knowing they DID take advantage. Sigh. Such is life.

The sears cup, just like that Palmetto pride thing, is meaningless. Win in sports that matter.

If you're talking about that dickhead Hyman, he was not a great AD. His fantastic achievements included getting a Spurrier program put on NCAA probation because of incompetence in his compliance department, micromanaging Spurrier's football program, hiring his wife and his UNC friends in prominent administration jobs, and the complete debacle of how his AD's office handled the Stephen Garcia matter. Ask any Aggie about Hyman. Good riddance.

Hyman was a necessary bridge to get us out of the Stone Age. All the knuckle heads paying century club with 12 tickets on the 50 yard line are gone. Heirs to dead Silver Spurs are no longer and fresh blood is able to get good tix. Same with basketball. Season ticket holder and Gamecock Club numbers are better because younger, richer fans can finally get return on their investment. He was not very likable, and had thick skin, but we needed him. All Texas a&m wanted him for was to reseat their new stadium as well.

Indeed but Atlanta trumps it all. Living amongst orange sucks.

QUOTE="Art__Vandelay, post: 3391385, member: 104701"]I'm with @Rod Dangerfield and @NooNoo ... Who cares about the JC Penny Cup? Beat Clemson in football, basketball, baseball. Make it to ATL, NCAA, Omaha. Nothing else matters.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I'm with @Rod Dangerfield and @NooNoo ... Who cares about the JC Penny Cup? Beat Clemson in football, basketball, baseball. Make it to ATL, NCAA, Omaha. Nothing else matters.
Disagree. I don't give two damns about cups or standings but I don't wanna give Clemson shit. You and your new buddies can come out of the house to support the university a couple times a year. I, and many others, will be here, regardless if it's outdoor track or a knuckle-buster competition.

Disagree. I don't give two damns about cups or standings but I don't wanna give Clemson shit. You and your new buddies can come out of the house to support the university a couple times a year. I, and many others, will be here, regardless if it's outdoor track or a knuckle-buster competition.

New buddies?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT