ADVERTISEMENT

Todd McShay has Bentley listed as his #8 QB for the upcoming draft...

usc01#

Jan 19, 2001
saw it last night during his first “mock draft” that I was flipping through the channels and watched a few minutes. Hmmm...don’t know what that means; but I was surprised to see him listed as one of the top 10 QB’s (according to McShay at least) for next year’s draft. Thoughts?

saw it last night during his first “mock draft” that I was flipping through the channels and watched a few minutes. Hmmm...don’t know what that means; but I was surprised to see him listed as one of the top 10 QB’s (according to McShay at least) for next year’s draft. Thoughts?

With his dad staying on staff instead of taking an offensive coordinator job, it’s safe to say he’s staying. This is an incredibly bad draft for QBs. If Jake just would’ve had an average first half of the season and then played lights out like he did at the end, he probably is declaring and moving on. Next year’s class will be much deeper than this one. I can’t ever recall a class with such poor prospects at the QB position. We may not see one taken top 10. Someone probably will but it’ll be a stretch just to take a QB.

Last edited:
Jake has all the talent to be an NFL QB but he’s not there yet . If he comes back and has a big year next year he could be a potential 1st rounder . If scouts look at his film this year they will pick him apart for his inconsistency and decision making early in the year . It is a very shallow QB draft but Jake doesn’t have the cannon arm like Drew Locke or the Athletic ability of Dwayne Haskins . He would get drafted but it would be in the very late rounds . If he blows it up next year teams will be beating his door down

Reactions: BigTomE
I agree that he won’t leave now that Bobby is staying put. It is a bad QB draft and I believe Jake has a pro skill set physically but he has to master the cerebral part. Play next year like he did in the stretch and for gosh sakes lead us to some wins against an elite team or two and he will do well next year in the draft.

I don't think he's all that high at the possibility of being known as a record setting 4 year QB that could never win the big one. And I'm afraid he wants out bad enough that he doesn't care how high or low he's drafted. I say he's gone. If he proves me wrong, that's great.

I agree that he won’t leave now that Bobby is staying put. It is a bad QB draft and I believe Jake has a pro skill set physically but he has to master the cerebral part. Play next year like he did in the stretch and for gosh sakes lead us to some wins against an elite team or two and he will do well next year in the draft.

He isn’t smart enough to master the cerebral part. He will be a bust in NFL

Reactions: Foosball2
Jake has been around three years, just like any other QB that comes out early.

That's simply not true. Bentley has 2.5 years of college playing experience. He's currently a Junior that left high school halfway through his senior year. Most other current college Juniors left high school 6 months before Bentley.

Jake is not going to leave early. Don't let the "8th QB" pick coming out fool you, That's around a 5th round pick or worse. Btw, Mcshay and Kiper are awful at their jobs.

That's simply not true. Bentley has 2.5 years of college playing experience. He's currently a Junior that left high school halfway through his senior year. Most other current college Juniors left high school 6 months before Bentley.

haha what? He enrolled the summer of 2016, Like every other freshman that didn't graduate early that year. He got held back and is just as old or older than other kids are supposed to be in his class. He is 21 and is in his junior year, I didn't turn 21 until my senior year at USC (I have an October birthday).

Next year should be very productive for him. He and the coaching staff found their rhythm in the second half of the season. Hopefully he'll put on a little more size/strength this off-season and his long ball will continue to develop.

Similar to the UGA game, he'll have all eyes again on the BAMA game early in season. That game will have direct implications on draft position and $$. Expecting the team and Bentley to respond better this time around.

Reactions: PC31 and rogue cock
Jake was older than B Mac when he got here. He started school later when he was 5 years old. Redshirted in a way. Then redshirted again in 8th grade. So he was more than ready and old enough to graduate early.

As for the NFL mock drafts, Jake said he plans to stay here as long as it takes to win. I am not sure what that means but he has unfinished business as Kinkaw said too. Jake comes back. He ain’t ready anyway.

Next year should be very productive for him. He and the coaching staff found their rhythm in the second half of the season. Hopefully he'll put on a little more size/strength this off-season and his long ball will continue to develop.

Similar to the UGA game, he'll have all eyes again on the BAMA game early in season. That game will have direct implications on draft position and $$. Expecting the team and Bentley to respond better this time around.
This year should have been very productive for him,but it seems Scars performance against mizzou is what finally got him to playing well

If you're saying that Bentley is as good or better than Tua, I'll have no discomfort at all watching their comparative trajectories moving forward. I know, I know, you won't either.jumpingsmile
I said Bentley would lead the SEC in 2019, you can extrapolate from that what you wish, but Tua isnt the #1 ranked QB in the SEC this year. Glad I could straighten you out.

How could you straighten out a claim I never made?
Perhaps you can go back and show me where I said Bentley was better then Tua? It was you who told me that the comparison was as different as Tennis and Hockey when I never made a comparison. Straightening you out part 2

The EYE will be on Bentley. If he has a good season then I predict he goes in the first round next year. the skill position support will be there. Will the OL support be there?

Perhaps you can go back and show me where I said Bentley was better then Tua? It was you who told me that the comparison was as different as Tennis and Hockey when I never made a comparison. Straightening you out part 2
I said "If" you're saying that Bentley is better than Tua. The next time you straighten me out will be the first time you straightened me out. Do you truly believe Bentley WILL BE better than Tua in 2019? And in post #22, I never even addressed the question of who was better.

Last edited:
The next time you straighten me out will be the first time you straightened me out. Do you truly believe Bentley WILL BE better than Tua in 2019? And in post #22, I never even addressed the question of who was better.
I said he would lead the SEC in 2019 and I've been consistent with that statement, again you can extrapolate, or make up whatever you like.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT