ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow the NCAA will

captiva73

Gold Member
Nov 25, 1998
once again award the University of North Carolina an invitation and high seed in the NCAA
basketball tournament. This is a school that has acknowledged a long period of academic fraud involving athletes in their program - but continues to challenge the NCAA ability to have oversight over
this aspect of their university. I thought the primary purpose of universities was to educate students - but somewhere in the world of athletic/academic shortcuts - North Carolina missed that purpose.

Once again - another school ( perhaps a Vanderbilt or Wake Forest or Southern Cal) will sit on the sidelines while North Carolina takes a tourney position - schools that probably did things the right way.
Last year it could very well have been us. The NCAA can quickly issue sanctions against many schools for what I consider to be lesser offenses - than at least 18 years of academic fraud. The NCAA continues to be inept when it comes to this matter - but one would think that admitted academic fraud - even if it is not all athletes, should ban a school from the tournament..

Given the talent UNC has - they could very well add to their trophy case this year. and we will hear
the Dick Vitale's of the world espousing the great coaching job that Roy Williams ( in years past - Dean Smith, Bill Gutheridge) has done. Somehow to me that rings pretty hollow - shame on you North Carolina, and more shame on you NCAA - where are ethics anymore?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News