ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Romo

Ugh...I have to mute the volume. He's polarizing for sure, but if you check SM, there are millions who feel like the OP, and me.

I have nothing against him personally, but he's a brutal listen.

Reactions: gamecox4982
Tony Romo, for all the grief he caught as a player, is fantastic in the booth. His insight and knowledge of the game are really, really good. He’s one of my favorites along with Joe Buck, Al Michaels, Mike Tirico, Jim Nance, and Troy Aikman.

I understand your point, but it is not irritating to me. Aside from his knowledge of the game, checks, and the flow, his enthusiasm is infectious.

Reactions: 92Pony
I agree with all that has been said. He has very good football insight but I soo want him to clear his throat and stop squeaking at times!
His voice reminds me of Charlie Day from the Horrible Bosses movie.

Count me as a Romo fan. His voice doesn't bother me in the least and I really don't care as long as he doesn't sound like Beth Mowen.
Not everyone can have a voice like Al Michaels or Ron Franklin.
As it's been stated, his insights and commentary are maybe the best I've ever heard. It's almost unfair He is so talented. He's an absolute natural at it.

Count me as a Romo fan. His voice doesn't bother me in the least and I really don't care as long as he doesn't sound like Beth Mowen.
Not everyone can have a voice like Al Michaels or Ron Franklin.
As it's been stated, his insights and commentary are maybe the best I've ever heard. It's almost unfair He is so talented. He's an absolute natural at it.
I’m sure people didn’t care for Madden’s voice at first. It’s not a TV voice. He wasn’t a trained broadcaster but it became a TV voice because he did it for so long. Romo is the same way. His role isn’t Al Michaels’, Joe Buck’s, or Mike Tirico’s. He’s the guy in the booth that knows what he’s talking about, and he does a good job as you said.

It’s the “cool” thing to do on Social Media…to bash people. I’m not sure what else Social Media is for to be honest.

I’m sure people didn’t care for Madden’s voice at first. It’s not a TV voice. He wasn’t a trained broadcaster but it became a TV voice because he did it for so long. Romo is the same way. His role isn’t Al Michaels’, Joe Buck’s, or Mike Tirico’s. He’s the guy in the booth that knows what he’s talking about, and he does a good job as you said.

It’s the “cool” thing to do on Social Media…to bash people. I’m not sure what else Social Media is for to be honest.
He sounds like Madden to me. Ie dont like the voice, but his knowledge is top notch.

Anybody but Collinsworth and Bilas on the other end. I like Romo but he was way off in strategy at the end of regulation - saying for KC to not score on 2nd down to run some clock. In that situation, you score anytime you can to get the lead. See what happened, too.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
He's has a sense of humor. Made a joke about dropping the hold of a FG try in a playoff game....He sounds like Boomer a little to me...their voices are ok with me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT