ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble on Heupel's team

BattleshipTexas

Oct 15, 2001
    • According to AllForTennessee.com, it is believed that a large portion of the #Tennessee team quit on the team, after an important player was suspended for a fight over #NIL money.
    • There are 2 rumors, one that LB Jeremy Banks was suspended internally after a physical altercation with backup QB Joe Milton, in someone may have broken Banks jaw, and another that states that an altercation was between Banks and star QB Hendon Hooker.

The #Volunteer defense allegedly quit on the team over Banks suspension.
    • Asked about this directly in a press conference, HC Josh Heupel dodged such questions, saying: “We anticipate Jeremy being with us here this week. As far as what transpired and those type of things, at the end of the day, he wasn’t available this past Saturday.”

• In the post game presser following the #Gamecocks beat down of the #Volunteers, Heupel said he “hoped the loss would sting more for the players that didn’t make the trip,” which came after Chris Fowler reported Banks was out for “unspecified reasons.”

UPDATE: After QB Hendon Hooker denied this, another UT player reached out, saying the players “don’t care,” and are, “proving a point to the coaches.”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TAV31
Not saying the Tennessee defense didn’t try to stop Carolina. I will say if you go back and watch the game, there was definite frustration shown by some of the defensive players after a big play by Carolina. So, I’m not buying the rumors.

• According to AllForTennessee.com, it is believed that a large portion of the #Tennessee team quit on the team, after an important player was suspended for a fight over #NIL money.
    • There are 2 rumors, one that LB Jeremy Banks was suspended internally after a physical altercation with backup QB Joe Milton, in someone may have broken Banks jaw, and another that states that an altercation was between Banks and star QB Hendon Hooker.

The #Volunteer defense allegedly quit on the team over Banks suspension.
    • Asked about this directly in a press conference, HC Josh Heupel dodged such questions, saying: “We anticipate Jeremy being with us here this week. As far as what transpired and those type of things, at the end of the day, he wasn’t available this past Saturday.”

• In the post game presser following the #Gamecocks beat down of the #Volunteers, Heupel said he “hoped the loss would sting more for the players that didn’t make the trip,” which came after Chris Fowler reported Banks was out for “unspecified reasons.”

UPDATE: After QB Hendon Hooker denied this, another UT player reached out, saying the players “don’t care,” and are, “proving a point to the coaches.”
Yeah…that’s it. Banks has a broke jaw but will play this week. And the team was so upset about NIL money it tanked on purpose so everyone could obtain even less money by bowing out of a possible playoff berth.

There are no excuses for a beatdown like that. They can tell themselves anything they want. Doesnt matter. Still happy to hear they have problems in the locker room. No matter how you look at it, that's a good thing. I am confident every fanbase in league feels the same way

There is usually an excuse on these upsets. The team was on dope, we had too many injuries, the team wasn’t ready so the coaches suck, now it’s NIL. Always some excuse for an unexpected whupping.
Whatever makes them feel good. If they want to spend their time working on team bonding and off the field stuff this time of year, I say go for it

I don’t buy that TN quit. They were trying their hearts out. Rattler was hitting passes in tight windows that very few QBs in the NFL can hit. Our issue is whether he can hit these tight windows again. He hasn’t done it in games before. Go watch the Top Billin analysis on YouTube to see how in the zone Rattler was. It didn’t have anything to do with TN quitting. Rattler just put on a show for the ages,

One million percent BS. Tennesuck wouldn’t have tanked a very descent chance at the playoffs. Like someone said in another thread it’s sad what moonshine does to the brain. This reminds me of 5 in a row on sCUm. Their coaching staff, players, and inbreed fans claimed they actually had the ”better” team every year they lost.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Yeah, I'm sure they were willing to give up a shot at going to the playoff and all the publicity for themselves in their quest to get to the league to protest in support of that one player. Ridiculous.

If they did tank, that’s much worse getting beat than going down fighting for every years. Tanking = no resolve, poor character, no competitive spirit.

Sound like a damn cheating ass person trying to make excuses and lies about it. Just admit you ****ed up and got the shit beat out of you. No damn defense quit. Jesus Christ watch the game. You don't see any lack of effort by those Tenn defenders. They were taking hard cheap shots as much as possible. They were pumped up. They just happened to run into one of the best college offensive performances of all time considering how the rest of the season has gone.

Reactions: bucketdad
Just a typical sign of the times. No one seems to want to be accountable for anything. The get their a$$ handed to them, and instead of saying they had a bad day and get beat up and down the field, they say they tanked. Well, if they tanked like that, they never should have been on the field in the first place. Really not a whole lot different from a player not playing in a bowl game "to work on readiness for the draft". Where did playing for your teammates and the guy next to you go? Naw, you hurt my feelings. So now I'm gonna lay down, or hit the "portal". Pretty sad really.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Yeah…that’s it. Banks has a broke jaw but will play this week. And the team was so upset about NIL money it tanked on purpose so everyone could obtain even less money by bowing out of a possible playoff berth.
It is like when you are getting beat in tennis by a player you are supposed to be better than. First you look at your racquet, like that is what is wrong. Then like stretch a hamstring like maybe you pulled something. Then start griping about the refs calls on balls being in or out.

It is like when you are getting beat in tennis by a player you are supposed to be better than. First you look at your racquet, like that is what is wrong. Then like stretch a hamstring like maybe you pulled something. Then start griping about the refs calls on balls being in or out.
Yep….”Are you sure this court is regulation size”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT