ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa!!??

Lowcountry1

Aug 5, 2013
Not to mention the fact that we beat them on the court and they got pasted by Memphis in their tournament, but they have a piece of s$!# coach that ruined a good Missouri program and currently has them on probation and banned from postseason. Wow, great integrity NCAA!

Reactions: fightingcock103
But we were 4-1 against the Top 60... But who gives a shit about the top 60, right?

Who gives a shit about beating two of those teams head to head that made it in just above us.

Go check out the joke that is Syracuse's resume and tell me why they should be in over us.
Anothe cheater they let in because they felt that the team "really improved"when he got back. So what, he was suspended for cheating!!!!

But we were 4-1 against the Top 60... But who gives a shit about the top 60, right?

Who gives a shit about beating two of those teams head to head that made it in just above us.

Go check out the joke that is Syracuse's resume and tell me why they should be in over us.

you ask me to go check Syracuse's resume( schedule) so I looked up the schedule ..you should do the same...

you ask me to go check Syracuse's resume( schedule) so I looked up the schedule ..you should do the same...

Don't have to look it up. They finished their season losing 5 of 6 and lost to St Johns! 19 wins...that's it. Like Doug Gottlieb stated on the show: "anyone who loses to St Johns shouldn't be in the tournament." An RPI of 74 gets you in the tourney? Must be nice...

And you still didn't tell me why Syracuse deserved to be in over us? All you told me was to look at the schedule. Let me know your thoughts...

Don't have to look it up. They finished their season losing 5 of 6 and lost to St Johns! 19 wins...that's it. Like Doug Gottlieb stated on the show: "anyone who loses to St Johns shouldn't be in the tournament." An RPI of 74 gets you in the tourney? Must be nice...

And you still didn't tell me why Syracuse deserved to be in over us? All you told me was to look at the schedule. Let me know your thoughts...

Since you wont do it.. at quick glance they played 10 games against teams that were ranked at the time in the top 25 how many did SC play .Syracuse played ..NC twice, Virginia , Duke, Miami, and yes Texas Am just to name 6 games of the 9

how many games did SC play against top 25 teams...I'll help 2

Im through doing research for you.. see how many teams did Syracuse play that are in the Tourney vs how many SC played ..you answer that question.

Since you wont do it.. at quick glance they played 10 games against teams that were ranked at the time in the top 25 how many did SC play .Syracuse played ..NC twice, Virginia , Duke, Miami, and yes Texas Am just to name 6 games of the 9

Im through doing research for you.. see how many teams did Syracuse play that are in the Tourney vs how many SC played ..you answer that question.

Winning, not playing should matter. We didnt' get in with 6 wins against tournament teams in '04 which was more than all but 3 teams going into the tournament.

Winning, not playing should matter. We didnt' get in with 6 wins against tournament teams in '04 which was more than all but 3 teams going into the tournament.

Forget it ....he is a tater and is just trolling the pot waiting for their CBI invitation to come down the pike.

Tulsa went 4-5 against top 50 , SC went 1-1 ..end of story
Too bad our 3-1 versus the supposedly top 50 seeds didn't mean anything. Oh well, hard to get upset about not getting to be fodder for the 32 teams that, from a historical standpoint, actually have a shot at winning. Vandy will be forgotten toast in the blink of an eye.

AGAIN...you still haven't answered my question. Why did Syracuse deserve the bid over us? (Since you are hell bent on justifying Syracuse for some reason getting the bid). Was it their solid RPI of 74? (We had an RPI of 65) Was it their strong finish going 1-5 over their last 6 games? (We finished 3-3 over the last 6) Was it their great record against the top 100? (Which was 8-10, ours was 8-5) What is it? Please tell me.

Last edited:
Reactions: fightingcock103
AGAIN...you still haven't answered my question. Why did Syracuse deserve the bid over us? (Since you are hell bent on justifying Syracuse for some reason getting the bid). Was it their solid RPI of 74? Was it their strong finish going 1-5 over their last 6 games? Was it their great record against the top 100? What is it? Please tell me.
They didn't deserve a bid over us. They are a better basketball team than us, but they didn't deserve a bid over us. Vandy and Tulsa sure as sh!t didn't deserve one over us.

AGAIN...you still haven't answered my question. Why did Syracuse deserve the bid over us? (Since you are hell bent on justifying Syracuse for some reason getting the bid). Was it their solid RPI of 74? Was it their strong finish going 1-5 over their last 6 games? Was it their great record against the top 100? What is it? Please tell me.
That's just it...they didn't deserve it. They are in for one reason and one only...they're Syracuse.

Reactions: 5pointsalum16
AGAIN...you still haven't answered my question. Why did Syracuse deserve the bid over us? (Since you are hell bent on justifying Syracuse for some reason getting the bid). Was it their solid RPI of 74? (We had an RPI of 65) Was it their strong finish going 1-5 over their last 6 games? (We finished 3-3 over the last 6) Was it their great record against the top 100? (Which was 8-10, ours was 8-5) What is it? Please tell me.

You forgot was their coach supposed to be penalized for cheating this year?

Anothe cheater they let in because they felt that the team "really improved"when he got back. So what, he was suspended for cheating!!!!
That's right. We really gotta support the coach who "doesn't know" about weird, possibly illegal, sexual misconduct on his team. I guess there's a hangover from football, so they take it out on basketball.

Last edited:

So by that metric, pretty much every team in the ACC should be in the tourney... as long as they play a really tough OOC against the top 2 teams from automatic qualifying conferences (just to be sure they play the conference winner). It's just a bullsh!t snub and everyone knows it. Even you.

Reactions: Clemsuck

Bosoxcock...still waiting for your great argument as to why Syracuse deserved the bid over your (and my) Gamecocks. Gave you some more facts above. Let me know, waiting for your answer...

[
Bosoxcock...still waiting for your great argument as to why Syracuse deserved the bid over your (and my) Gamecocks. Gave you some more facts above. Let me know, waiting for your answer...

If you would pay attention, I sent you your request at 9:38 last night see above
You didn't agree then and you wont now, so that's the end of that

I smell something fishy going on with the fact Tulsa got in and the chairman is from Oklahoma, sounds like some backroom deal to me. No way Tulsa deserves to be in over us and a few other schools(St Marys, Monmouth).

[

If you would pay attention, I sent you your request at 9:38 last night see above
You didn't agree then and you wont now, so that's the end of that

Hey bud, I asked you for reasons why Syracuse got the bid over us. All you did was list a few games on their schedule. Is that your answer? If so, you belong on the Tourney Committee; because that is the only reason they would've gotten in over our team. All the other metrics--as I pointed out above would've favored SC getting the bid. It is our team, right?

Hey bud, I asked you for reasons why Syracuse got the bid over us. All you did was list a few games on their schedule. Is that your answer? If so, you belong on the Tourney Committee; because that is the only reason they would've gotten in over our team. All the other metrics--as I pointed out above would've favored SC getting the bid. It is our team, right?

You think SC strength of schedule at 157 vs Syracuse SOS being 38 evens out.

Buy you knew this, you just left it off you thread to make your point look better

They won the same amount of games against top 100 (8) and played 5 more games against top 100

But strength of schedule difference was ridiculous 157 vs 38. Its no secret the Committee tells everyone every year play somebody.. Just like what happened one time during Horn's tenure

Bosoxcock...still waiting for your great argument as to why Syracuse deserved the bid over your (and xmy) Gamecocks. Gave you some more facts above. Let me know, waiting for your answer...
Usc01if you waiting for a response from Bosox or Bosux you wasting your time, he has no answer, y this lying,cheating,Syracuse got into the dance. It's orange,what do you expect. Go Cocks

Usc01if you waiting for a response from Bosox or Bosux you wasting your time, he has no answer, y this lying,cheating,Syracuse got into the dance. It's orange,what do you expect. Go Cocks

Do you have a reading or attention problem.. or both. If you bothered to look one thread up just 15 mins before your silly post, with a silly name for me, you wouldn't look like the fool you are

That is such a ridiculous way to judge teams!! Are you just trying to show us how the idiots on the selection committee were thinking? Play and lose to good teams and get in the tournament? If it's all about RPI, then there is no way on God's green earth that Syracuse should have gotten in over us. Period. You can try to explain it all you want, but the criteria changes with the wind. That is completely unfair.

What is so irritating about your stubborn attitude, is that fact that you are wasting time trying to convince fellow Gamecock fans that we didn't deserve to get into the tournament over Vandy, Tulsa and Syracuse. If it was completely cut and dried, I could understand. But it's not! There is all kinds of room for debate and confrontation regarding this situation. You seem to be saying that under no circumstance should we have gotten in over these teams.

Last edited:
That is such a ridiculous way to judge teams!! Are you just trying to show us how the idiots on the selection committee were thinking? Play and lose to good teams and get in the tournament? If it's all about RPI, then there is no way on God's green earth that Syracuse should have gotten in over us. Period. You can try to explain it all you want, but the criteria changes with the wind. That is completely unfair.

SOS 157 vs 38.The Committee tells every team every year...play somebody in the regular season

You think SC strength of schedule at 157 vs Syracuse SOS being 38 evens out.

Buy you knew this, you just left it off you thread to make your point look better

They won the same amount of games against top 100 (8) and played 5 more games against top 100

But strength of schedule difference was ridiculous 157 vs 38. Its no secret the Committee tells everyone every year play somebody.. Just like what happened one time during Horn's tenure

Thanks for the reply...Cuse won the same amount of top 100 games, but it did take them 5 more games to win the same amount SC did. If we would've went 19-13 with our schedule, I wouldn't have an argument, but winning five more games and having an RPI almost ten spots higher than Cuse (which is the highest RPI EVER to make the tourney) should've had our boys with that 10 seed and not Syracuse. I Just feel sorry for our guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT