ADVERTISEMENT

UK... this time last year

Melbourne 'Cock

Jul 8, 2004
On the day of the UK game last year, I recall their boards going crazy about rumors of Stoops' potential firing for some sort of personal issues (I honestly don't recall what). People who claimed to be "in the know" were even saying he might not be the HC by game time. As quickly as those rumors started, they disappeared. Does anyone know what happened? Just curious.

On the day of the UK game last year, I recall their boards going crazy about rumors of Stoops' potential firing for some sort of personal issues (I honestly don't recall what). People who claimed to be "in the know" were even saying he might not be the HC by game time. As quickly as those rumors started, they disappeared. Does anyone know what happened? Just curious.

Good memory. That was a hot, HOT rumor that weekend.

It was a fabricated story. The rumor was he had an affair and impregnated a Kentucky staffer and his wife had left him. This link will shed more light on the lie and how it started.
https://www.campuspressbox.com/2016/think-post-response-deplorable-mark-stoops-rumor/

Good memory. That was a hot, HOT rumor that weekend.
Yeah, all the UK fan boards were red hot with this rumor going into last year's UK-USC game. Of course the rumor was false but in hindsight I have to believe it was planted by a group of disgruntled heavy-hitter boosters. Frankly going into last year's game the team was at a crossroads, and I think the premise to the whole thing was to create a distraction to make the team lose focus and increase the likelihood of losing the game, thereby ramping up the pressure on Stoops and the UKAD Barnhart.

There were a number of posters on the UK board who got a lifetime ban for fanning the flames of the rumor. As far as I know, no one from UK ever made a public comment about the rumor.

UK was lucky that Bentley wasn't playing in last year's game. No offense but you guys were almost hot garbage going into the game, and afterwards I didn't think y'all would win more than 2-3 games. Pulling Bentleys RS was a gamble that paid off big time.

I think both teams are better than they were last year. My heart wants to believe UK can win, but deep down I have to admit the Gamecocks will win it. I just want to see a good game and have UK play well even if they should lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT