ADVERTISEMENT

USC Baseball Gurus: What is your honest prediction for the 2021 Gamecock Baseball Season.

There are around 8 -9 SEC teams that can finish in the top 25 with Florida and Vandy picked to be 1 and 3.

There are 8 -9 SECteams that could finish in the top 25 with Florida and Vandy 1 and 3. Read up on the SEC teams with the players they have returned and their recruiting classes. Look at the All american and SEC top 3 allstar teamss. We onlly had 2 or 3 to be listed. We were around 19th in one of the polls.
/
Don't worry. I have. Probably moreso than a lot of people.

Expecting (but more like hoping) ---
Non-Conference: no worse than 18-8
Conference: no worse than 15-15
SECT: win at least one game
** If all that happens, we'll likely be a 2-seed in Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Miami, somewhere like that
Regional: make it to Sunday / whatever the final day is

Predictions are tough in a Covid year bc we do not know how many games will get played vs cancelled. Football got them all in and men’s basketball had a ton of issues. On the surface baseball would seem low risk, but there were a couple of MLB teams that demonstrated how easy it could be to knock out a few weeks (Marlins, Cardinals, etc...)

I think we end up being a 2 seed in a regional. Still could host as a 2. I think the idea that this is a top 16 team is a little premature. I’m going to have to see them do it against solid competition before I believe it. In 2020 we were off to a good start, but had lost series to Northwestern and Clemson. In 2019 it was a dumpster fire, especially when conference games exposed our lack of pitching depth. I think we’re better, but we’re still a long way from Omaha.

Expecting (but more like hoping) ---
Non-Conference: no worse than 18-8
Conference: no worse than 15-15
SECT: win at least one game
** If all that happens, we'll likely be a 2-seed in Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Miami, somewhere like that
Regional: make it to Sunday / whatever the final day is
This was actually pretty damn close!

Predictions are tough in a Covid year bc we do not know how many games will get played vs cancelled. Football got them all in and men’s basketball had a ton of issues. On the surface baseball would seem low risk, but there were a couple of MLB teams that demonstrated how easy it could be to knock out a few weeks (Marlins, Cardinals, etc...)

I think we end up being a 2 seed in a regional. Still could host as a 2. I think the idea that this is a top 16 team is a little premature. I’m going to have to see them do it against solid competition before I believe it. In 2020 we were off to a good start, but had lost series to Northwestern and Clemson. In 2019 it was a dumpster fire, especially when conference games exposed our lack of pitching depth. I think we’re better, but we’re still a long way from Omaha.

I think this was pretty spot on as well....but it’ll trigger those that think I’m a tater or not a real fan.

• Love
Reactions: redrogers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT