ADVERTISEMENT

USC Could Have Had Freeze or Chadwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am genuinely puzzled.

I thought Beamer had a plan and had the coaches lined up. The evidence is underwhelming.The fact he spent the first two weeks after signing at OU and nothing appears to unfold here is not a good sign.

On paper lots if things look good. But success is 80% or so execution. The start is too ominous to sway skeptics.
Curious how you got that percentage

Reactions: 92Pony
How can anyone be encouraged based on what they’ve seen so far?

It’s been 3 weeks and we have a juco 3 star commit and a ST coach.
Let's not hell-hack him to death yet. Like a lot of other people, I wanted a coach with more experience, but Beamer is our coach now and we should give him all the support we can, at least until we find out what he is capable of.

Ray Tanner thought Freeze had too much baggage, and Chadwell was too inexperienced. Five years ago, Ray interviewed Lincoln Riley, and thought he was too young, so he hired Muschamp instead. Go figure. Thank goodness that we didn’t play Liberty, Coastal Carolina or UAB this year, as all three are better coached and would have boat-raced us with lesser talent.

This unfortunate situation that we find ourselves in lies squarely at the feet of our incompetent AD, who hired a loser of a head coach, and a BOT, who only cares about being coddled and pampered by the university and doesn’t give a damn about winning!
Freeze does have too much baggage. He had too much baggage for AUBURN to hire him!!

Ray Tanner thought Freeze had too much baggage, and Chadwell was too inexperienced. Five years ago, Ray interviewed Lincoln Riley, and thought he was too young, so he hired Muschamp instead. Go figure. Thank goodness that we didn’t play Liberty, Coastal Carolina or UAB this year, as all three are better coached and would have boat-raced us with lesser talent.

This unfortunate situation that we find ourselves in lies squarely at the feet of our incompetent AD, who hired a loser of a head coach, and a BOT, who only cares about being coddled and pampered by the university and doesn’t give a damn about winning!

Neither wanted to come. Freeze is a scumbag that ran a shady program and only won ~60% of his games at Ole Miss. Gus won the same percentage of games in the same division while not running the program’s name in the dirt and he was fired for it.

If you are going to run the program’s name into the dirt you have to win a Championship.

Reactions: Dizzy01
He made it up.

Not really. It is a way of saying BS is ljmutef
He made it up.

Not really. For the casual reader see “Why execution is more important than strategy (Wolmer)”. Cannot recall the year of pub.

You can take a bad plan and have good success with an individual who can execute. On the other hand, you can take the best plan and still flop with an individual who cannot execute. You don’t hire someone simply because they have a great plan on paper. This is what Ray has done. It is better to hire someone with a poorer plan but can execute, like a Chadwell. You think Spurrier had a plan? He is great executioner. Ray oh Ray what can I say?? Makes the dumbest moves. When dumb meets incompetence, and I am speaking generally, the outcome is is ugly.

A great plan means zilch.

Last edited:
Not really. It is a way of saying BS is ljmutef

Not really. For the casual reader see “Why execution is more important than strategy (Wolmer)”. Cannot recall the year of pub.

You can take a bad plan and have good success with an individual who can execute. On the other hand, you can take the best plan and still flop with an individual who cannot execute. You don’t hire someone simply because they have a great plan on paper. This is what Ray has done. It is better to hire someone with a poorer plan but can execute, like a Chadwell. You think Spurrier had a plan? He is great executioner. Ray oh Ray what can I say?? Makes the dumbest moves.

A great plan means zilch.

Do you mean the article from “Entrepreneur” magazine from 2019?

“Ray Tanner thought Freeze had too much baggage, and Chadwell was too inexperienced.”

Really??? Where is the data to support those statements? Oooh, wait—I’m supposed to take your opinion as fact....

You read a lot of Wolmer?

Not much. Wolmer might be reading me? Ha!! Ha!!

You always throw in a question and get others to do your legwork. that is a comment.

I am curious - do you support the Beamer hire?

Freeze was the only home run choice realistic for USC.
Not exactly... look at what direction ole piss was trending in before he got the axe... it wasn’t a good one... he had an abundance of risk, not the least of which being that he may not be able to build and sustain a program the right way

Reactions: shagginrooster

I agree with you 110% Tanner in my opinion is a dumb ass just keeps getting those checks for nothing he makes me want to puke.

I am genuinely puzzled.

I thought Beamer had a plan and had the coaches lined up. The evidence is underwhelming.The fact he spent the first two weeks after signing at OU and nothing appears to unfold here is not a good sign.

On paper lots if things look good. But success is 80% or so execution. The start is too ominous to sway skeptics.
How do you know he isnt executing when you dont know what the plan is? Thats right.

How do you know he isnt executing when you dont know what the plan is? Thats right.

Looks like the plan calls for long interruptions in hiring. As someone else noted maybe the plan cannot be executed. It is just a plan. I guess we have to keep on waiting.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Aren't you pecking away too - on the keyboard?
Yes sir, but not pecking about someone like you who clearly doesnt know what plan he keeps puking about. You are an outsider, you dont know anything but what you make up in your brain.

Worse than Napier's coaching move a while back?

Neither compares to the biggest bone-headed HC call in the history of college football by our very own Will Muschamp. Have the ball at our own 26 yard line, down by 21 points, with 8:11 remaining in the game, and we 'orchestrate' an 18 play, 74 yard drive, that consumed 7:23, and culminated in a TD that cut whittled that 21 point deficit to only 14 points with :43 left in the game. GENIOUS!!

We have no business making fun of or criticizing outstanding coaches such as Freeze, Chadwell, or Napier when we all know that we would have been exponentially better as a football program from the day their hiring would have been announced.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Neither compares to the biggest bone-headed HC call in the history of college football by our very own Will Muschamp. Have the ball at our own 26 yard line, down by 21 points, with 8:11 remaining in the game, and we 'orchestrate' an 18 play, 74 yard drive, that consumed 7:23, and culminated in a TD that cut whittled that 21 point deficit to only 14 points with :43 left in the game. GENIOUS!!

We have no business making fun of or criticizing outstanding coaches such as Freeze, Chadwell, or Napier when we all know that we would have been exponentially better as a football program from the day their hiring would have been announced.
Genious?

You and the point aren't in the same zip code right now.

Yes sir, but not pecking about someone like you who clearly doesnt know what plan he keeps puking about. You are an outsider, you dont know anything but what you make up in your brain.

Sometimes you read the tea leaves, sometimes you don’t ignore the evidence.

It is like looking at the Muschamp hire and saying right off the bat it would be a disaster.

Freeze does have too much baggage. He had too much baggage for AUBURN to hire him!!

If Auburn won't hire Freeze there is definitely something "rotten in Denmark". I think the SEC Commissioner is still saying hands off of Freeze, at least for right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT