ADVERTISEMENT

USC/ECU game thread

My goodness you people take football too seriously. Does the bad first 18 minutes of a game really cause you this much emotional distress? If so, I would recommend tuning back in after a few years. No need to die of a stroke between now and then.

That taunting was a characteristic of the Muschamp teams and these are Muschamp’s guys. Glad to see Beamer pull Cam Smith for at least a few plays after doing something so selfish. Last year those guys didn’t miss a play.

Culture change is so cliche, but if anybody needs one, we do.

I am disappointed with the team's performance today and recognize it is going to be a long season. Yet, it is too early to give up on this staff.

Agreed but this staff has to see that the QB is hot trash. He has no business being in this game or any future games. This staff needs to yank him.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The biggest issue is this awful Oline. You get a little run and pass blocking and everything else starts to look better. Beamer needs time.... and a new oline.
Play calling isn’t helping. They have 7 to 8 guys crashing the middle every time and we aren’t calling anything outside. This is Roper level play calling.

when people post stupid stuff, they should fully expect abrasive responses. “Have you played much football?” was an indiotic response. You don’t have to be Nick Saban or Tom Brady to know that twisting around with the ball up high at the endzone is a terrible move when the path of least resistance and risk is to get your shoulders and the ball as low as possible.
My question to you was idiotic? How so?

Another pathetic, embarrassing, inept half of football to add to the annals of Gamecock football.

New author. Same sad sack story.

Reactions: JamesRob
...and here comes Noland. Hopefully, he gets it going before the half. I'm all for showing confidence, but if he can't get it going before the half; probably should put someone else in. Especially if Doty is healthy enough to go. Going to pull for him to figure it out.

Now here we go with the dumb sh&t talking penalties. Just get rid of guys like this. Why? Just why? STFU and play football like you have been there before. How hard is that to coach?

Agreed, I'm OK with talking smack when it's deserved, in a big game, big moment, it's part of the game. He did nothing on that play. He didn't even do his job properly IMO. That's one thing that irked me to death under Muschamp... we're down 30 points, defender makes a gift interception, then while offense is on field, the entire defense is over on sideline taking a group selfie trying to look all badass. Freaking stupidity!

Reactions: Kpmack
Ray freaking Tanner and our BOT....I literally can't stand them right now. They have literally driven our entire Athletic Department off the cliff.
Perhaps your first “literally” was used correctly, but you can’t say they’ve “literally” driven us off a cliff. The word you wanted is “figuratively.”
If I can’t fix our awful play, I’ll just bitch about grammar and word-usage.

Just can't get past Beamer patting Cam on the back after that personal foul. No. There's a time to lift players up. That's not it.

Reactions: BayouRooster
We are in the second game of a decimated roster after the worst season of Carolina football in 20 years, and you're ready to call for the coaches head?

I agree. It's going to take time to rebuild the team and Beamer has some learning to do, but he certainly will.

Why? Because Muschamp left him with a bunch of D-3 WRs and a sorry team? If this is what we’re going to do to coaches then nobody will take this job. This attitude sucks. Beamer inherited a real $hit show. That’s why we paid Muschamp $14 million to leave during a year we lost money.

Did our fans really expect Beamer to come in and instantly change that? I’m sure Beamer wishes he had better players to work with. He doesn’t.
Sorry, but recruiting wasn't Muschamp's issue and our OL played better last year....not good, but better....especially in the running game. Muschamp should have been gone for failure to get coordinators....especially on defense....that could actually coordinate....but his recruiting was good.

Reactions: cadcock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT