ADVERTISEMENT

USC hoops- Will it be more of the same or finally a change?

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
We have a habit of losing way to many of these OOC games. The coach speak is always we are getting better and will be a better team at the end of the year. That may be true, but these losses just kill our chances of getting an at large NCAA bid. Can't afford to start off with a loss to liberty is my point.

We have a habit of losing way to many of these OOC games. The coach speak is always we are getting better and will be a better team at the end of the year. That may be true, but these losses just kill our chances of getting an at large NCAA bid. Can't afford to start off with a loss to liberty is my point.
And Liberty is not bad, close game with Purdue and Beat Miss State.

Reactions: DrMickey
We are an 18-22 game win team. Depends on the breaks. Should be enough to make the tournament if there is one next year.

I agree 100% that's why I am anxious to see what happens tomorrow in that game.

We have to play inside out and let our guards make plays. The HUGE question will be if we can hit free throws. I believe our guards can drive the ball and that means we will get fouled a lot but can we hit free throws.

I don't know. Optimism always abounds at the start of the season. Then USC always seems to lose two or three games they have no business losing early in the season as Frank is trying to prove his points to the newcomers, and then even with a couple impressive wins later, they can't dig themselves out of a hole. I like Frank. Think he is a good coach. It just seems to take a while for his teams to jell for some reason. Hope for the best

I don't know. Optimism always abounds at the start of the season. Then USC always seems to lose two or three games they have no business losing early in the season as Frank is trying to prove his points to the newcomers, and then even with a couple impressive wins later, they can't dig themselves out of a hole. I like Frank. Think he is a good coach. It just seems to take a while for his teams to jell for some reason. Hope for the best
I totally agree. I like Frank, but he's got to knock that shit off. You simply cannot willfully lose a game to a horrible opponent with your star players on the bench just to make a point.

Like I've said forever, this ain't Hoosiers.

Well the good news is that we are legitimately 11-12 players deep

Please enlighten me, do we have that depth for a quality center? I know we have a lot of guards and forwards but don’t we need another quality center?

Please enlighten me, do we have that depth for a quality center? I know we have a lot of guards and forwards but don’t we need another quality center?
We have Leveque and Frink, Frink is undersized in height but a big body. A lot of teams do well with only 1 7footer (see our final four team)

Then we have McCreary who can fill the role as well as Minaya who is our best rebounder.

We may be a little short-handed inside. Bigger teams may have their way with us. But we have Frink, Leveque, Benson and McCreary. Plus, we have some big guards. We will just have to see how it works out.

I would like to have had Patrick Iriel, but it wasn't meant to be.

I still would like to know what happened with him.

Well the good news is that we are legitimately 11-12 players deep
You must be counting a couple of the new guys plus walk-ons because I would be ecstatic if we could develop to be eight deep. That would mean Leveque and Hannibal or coming along. We’ll see with Woods and Benson. They haven’t proven anything. With the rest, just don’t mess it up with live ball turnovers.

Last edited:
You must be counting a couple of the new guys plus walk-ons because I would be ecstatic if we could develop to be eight deep. That would mean Leveque and Hannibal or coming along. We’ll see with Woods and Benson. They haven’t proven anything. With the rest, just don’t mess it up with live ball turnovers.
Minaya
Bryant
Seventh
Hannibal
Moss
leveque
Lawson
Cousinard
McCreary
Frink

Maybe Benson and Andersen

Minaya
Bryant
Seventh
Hannibal
Moss
leveque
Lawson
Cousinard
McCreary
Frink

Maybe Benson and Andersen
Moss should be a spot minute guy at best. The jury is still out on Benson and Woods. I can’t get over Seventh getting beat out for minutes by Andrew Platek at UNC. I haven’t seen anything in-game from Anderson. So, I see a legitimate 7 guys maybe 8 if Seventh or Benson turn the corner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT