ADVERTISEMENT

USC NCSt was USC UNC... Deja Vu...

ColaSwami

Nov 23, 2006
13 miles northwest of Williams-Brice
I had the blessing of attending both of these two BelkKickoff games and yesterday's game felt awfully similar (outcome) to the game vs UNC in 2015. Yesterday's game was obviously much more high scoring but our D bent but didn't break at the end. Great, great win. Yes, room to grow but a fun time and heart stopping win for me even as the game went down to the last seconds before being decided. Walking down the BofA stadium concourse our USC celebratory fan base was also deja vu. Tough losses for UNC and NCSt and somehow Carolina found a way to win. Effort and desire to win pushed us to victory. Go Gamecocks!

Reactions: Coppertopp
I had the blessing of attending both of these two BelkKickoff games and yesterday's game felt awfully similar (outcome) to the game vs UNC in 2015. Yesterday's game was obviously much more high scoring but our D bent but didn't break at the end. Great, great win. Yes, room to grow but a fun time and heart stopping win for me even as the game went down to the last seconds before being decided. Walking down the BofA stadium concourse our USC celebratory fan base was also deja vu. Tough losses for UNC and NCSt and somehow Carolina found a way to win. Effort and desire to win pushed us to victory. Go Gamecocks!

Here's a thought! Maybe we should start playing all of our home games in Charlotte.

No... it was 50/50
The game we were at was not 50/50. Sorry. Try again.States club level wasn't full and their upper had a lot less than ours and there were Carolina fans all over their side if the field. More like 60/40.

Last edited:
Well, back to the thread's topic the NCSt felt a lot like the UNC win. Both wins were highlighted by defensive stands, Skai's 2 INTS in 2015 and then the last series where we founds a way to stop NCSt who was on our 10yd line with 2 plays to score a TD. Great wins over NC and NCSt. A smaller attendance but some of our stronger and loudest Gamecocks fans who cheered them on. Very fun to be at both and to have those memories. We will be back at BofA in years to come: I think we play UNC in 2019 then ECU in a year or two after. GO COCKS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT