ADVERTISEMENT

USC not in AP top 25.

Polls are for the fat cats ... Spot the ball and get this season going. I’m starting to feel like something special for 2018.

3-6-9-12?

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
The Citadel did this to us! In several televised games last season, the announcers HAD to bring up our loss to the Cid's in 2015. That spot just won't wash out.

Nor should it. Thanks, Department of Athletics. We deserved better than to be handed the likes of Whammy Ward when we were paying you and CSS millions of dollars to put us on the right track. In return we received less than half of his full attention and it crippled us for a yet to be decided length of time. CWM has his work cut out for him. I for one, HATE "the rest of the world looking past us". Loser talk. I am sad that we are back here, but looking forward to seeing what this new team looks like in a few weeks.

Michigan was the best win last year... by far. But it stands alone as the only quality win. Other wins verses teams with winning records include:

Wofford
La Tech (on a last minute FG)
and NC State in the opener (possibly could be argued as a quality win)

It's not just the 3-9 record or The Citadel loss that sticks in voters' minds.

Michigan was the best win last year... by far. But it stands alone as the only quality win. Other wins verses teams with winning records include:

Wofford
La Tech (on a last minute FG)
and NC State in the opener (possibly could be argued as a quality win)

It's not just the 3-9 record or The Citadel loss that sticks in voters' minds.
Mizz.

If we handle Coastal easily I think we will be ranked going into UGA week so they can have a CBS game with two ranked teams.
It would be nice to be ranked before the UGA game, but I seriously doubt beating a 3-9 Sun Belt team is enough to propel us into a top 25 ranking.

It would be nice to be ranked before the UGA game, but I seriously doubt beating a 3-9 Sun Belt team is enough to propel us into a top 25 ranking.
Oh I'm sure they'd squeeze us in at 25 with no problem. They want ratings and what better way to get ratings than advertise 2 ranked SEC rivals for a week?

We got them just where we want them it's a long season boys.
Yep. 26 is the perfect spot to be in. Not too low where it's hard to dig out from but just low enough to motivate our boys to play extra hard because they weren't ranked.

Reactions: rogue cock
Yep. 26 is the perfect spot to be in. Not too low where it's hard to dig out from but just low enough to motivate our boys to play extra hard because they weren't ranked.
These polls tickle my funny bone do they actually think the other 25 teams are actually better? The Mich. spots tells you that they just reach into a hat and pull out traditional names. We have a shocker coming for them.

I believe most overestimate the knowledge of these voters. I’m sure they know specifics about a few of the top teams but I guarantee you their list is filled with traditional powers. They feel they must put them in there instead of marginal teams like ours. The safer pick is Michigan because of their history.

Reactions: king ward
Want to know if we can compete? Think in your mind if we could even compete with Alabama or Clemson. We can not. We have to prove it on the field. Others have said we will have to earn it, which is true. We have to have a big win, such as beat Georgia and continue to learn how to win big games. The clowns up north had to have some big program changing wins to build what the have now, way before any natty talk. The AP poll like many other things in life, it is a beauty contest, which is why Michigan is #14 We have a few black eyes, need a polishing win. UGA could be it.

I believe most overestimate the knowledge of these voters. I’m sure they know specifics about a few of the top teams but I guarantee you their list is filled with traditional powers. They feel they must put them in there instead of marginal teams like ours. The safer pick is Michigan because of their history.
The Good thing is, South Carolina Contols its own Destiny at this point!!

I just hope we don't get into the top 25 and then lose to Marshall or on the road to Vandy, or heaven forbid Kentucky. I'm good with staying out of the top 25 until after the Missouri game.

I'm fine with 26th. Polls in August, September mean nothing anyway, except as a means of creating hype for the media darlings and keeping the blue bloods relevant.

But with that said...I seem to recall Alabama being ranked 24th in 2008 at the beginning of the season. Year before, Coach Saban was rebuilding and gaining depth. Then the season started by punching their #9-ranked opponent in the teeth (bonus that it was Clemson). Gained respect after that and shot up in the polls. They haven't looked back much.

Now I'm not saying we are going to get the same treatment that Bama got with that win, but it was still the catalyst for moving up. Punch Georgia in the teeth, and we'll get respect. There may be some players left over from the Spurrier era, but this is Muschamp's team, and I think they have their heads in the right place.

All just my humble, meager opinion...

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
And Captain Obvious....What hotel are you staying at tonight?:)
giphy.gif

Reactions: NCGamcockFan2167
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT