ADVERTISEMENT

UT's Bevo charges at UGA pregame

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Probably a bad idea to try to get do a photoshoot of a bull and a bulldog together

Probably a bad idea to try to get do a photoshoot of a bull and a bulldog together

This is a very young Bevo. He has been around lots of people, but someone should have realized he hasn't been around very many dogs and might react. But it does show you, if he really wanted to go somewhere, no one in that stadium could stop him.

This is a very young Bevo. He has been around lots of people, but someone should have realized he hasn't been around very many dogs and might react. But it does show you, if he really wanted to go somewhere, no one in that stadium could stop him.
He was dragging that one guy and then turned around like "what do you want?!?!"Laughing

How that Asian girl didn’t take a horn to the back is beyond me. She must’ve overdosed on lucky charms this morning. Just ducked under Bevos right horn. Good reflexes.

Proof that mascots should be inanimate objects like ‘Mean Green’, ‘Red Storm’ if not don’t try and get them in a photo shoot....sheesh people.

Reminds me of the time that mutt from Tennessee bit one of our players.

If that was a bull the outcome would have been 1000x worse.

100287400-Burnt%20Orange-1.jpg

PETA has already showed up calling to halt "carting the animal around the country and parading him before thè blah blah ..." This particular animal is well fed and taken care of and loved. Being in the cattle business all I can say is if a 1200 pound steer wants to go somewhere bad enough he'll do it and the best thing to do us get out of the way.

I saw that. Bevo tried to take Uga slap out. In all fairness Uga had no business barking at a 2000 # horned steer!

Come on man, these dogs were bred to fight bulls. Sure they outlawed it in the 1830s, but something in the DNA should have kicked in, this dog is an embarrassment to a proud heritage.

They had a former Bevo handler on one of the morning news shows the morning after it happened and he said Bevo wasn't being aggressive, he was actually wanting to go see Uga and check him out. He just lowered his head to get the fence out of the way.

They had a former Bevo handler on one of the morning news shows the morning after it happened and he said Bevo wasn't being aggressive, he was actually wanting to go see Uga and check him out. He just lowered his head to get the fence out of the way.
I'll bet a fortune that handler is a Hillary voter!!

[BattleshipTexas, post: ] Uga would trounce Smokey. A&M's Reveille too.

If I had a dog for a mascot, I'd prefer a fighter. Not a tracker like Smokey nor a herder like Reveille.

A more even match might be UgA vs Smokey. UGA no match for 1200 pounds with horns.

UGA grew up in Savannah Society so he's probably a little too delicate for Bevo, but those dogs don't have that jutting lower jaw for nothin'. Those dogs were matched with bears and bulls back in the 18th and 19th century.The dog usually won. Breeders developed the lower jaw so that when it bit down on the bull it was harder for the bull to shake the dog off. Very popular sport, if you can call it that, in England, they outlawed bear and bull-baiting in 1833.

[BattleshipTexas, post: ] Uga would trounce Smokey. A&M's Reveille too.

If I had a dog for a mascot, I'd prefer a fighter. Not a tracker like Smokey nor a herder like Reveille.

I guess a Washington Huskie might be the best of the current ones. As you can see from my avatar, I prefer English Mastiffs, they can punk any dog on Earth. They usually don't want to.

UGA grew up in Savannah Society so he's probably a little too delicate for Bevo, but those dogs don't have that jutting lower jaw for nothin'. Those dogs were matched with bears and bulls back in the 18th and 19th century.The dog usually won. Breeders developed the lower jaw so that when it bit down on the bull it was harder for the bull to shake the dog off. Very popular sport, if you can call it that, in England, they outlawed bear and bull-baiting in 1833.

I have had several Boxers and have studied their history pretty thoroughly. The main reason for the underbite is that, in a fighting dog, the nose placement is not at the end of the dog’s snout like most dogs. The nose being pulled back allows dog the breathe when it locks onto whatever it is fighting, rather than being pressed into the body of the combatant and restricting airflow.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
I have had several Boxers and have studied their history pretty thoroughly. The main reason for the underbite is that, in a fighting dog, the nose placement is not at the end of the dog’s snout like most dogs. The nose being pulled back allows dog the breathe when it locks onto whatever it is fighting, rather than being pressed into the body of the combatant and restricting airflow.

I like my story better.

Reactions: Memphis Cock
Read the dog fight scene in Jack London's book White Fang for a very good description of the tenacity of bulldogs against bigger adversaries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT