ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy advances

Rocker just pitched yesterday so he may not be ready for more than 3-4 innings in a game 3 if that’s what it gets to. 3 starts in nine days is a lot.

State actually played a great game yesterday with limited numbers and people playing positions they had not played all year. Loaded bases in the 8th with chance to take lead on Vandy only to pop up the 3rd out.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The NC State coach wants to divert ALL responsibility for this outcome to the whims of his team.

"After the game, North Carolina State coach Elliott Avent grew frustrated and wouldn’t answer directly when asked if he or the baseball program encouraged players to be vaccinated.

“My job is to teach them baseball, make sure they get an education and keep them on the right track forward,” he said. “But I don’t try to indoctrinate my kids with my values or my opinions. Obviously, we talk about a lot of things. But these are young men that can make their own decisions and that’s what they did.”

Avent rolled his eyes when asked if he’s been vaccinated."

My guess is if this was Saban or Swinney two things going into this series would have been done. There would have been a very public vaccination of each of those coaches accompanied by a statement of making sure it was implied every unvaccinated individual put the team at more risk of testing results. Second, each could very well tell their team given the rules, unvaccinated players would not be around the vaccinated players."

Coaches who act ignorant of current realities in society dont last long these ways. He should have learned long before now that is the new rule in sports. You manage and influence a lot more about your players than just the game. And whatever your views, the only ones that matter are the ones which result in your team playing and winning.

Few fans care about a coaches political or personal views, only that they manage everyone else in such a way that their actions encourage one thing: winning.

You have to play to win.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Vandy is good but have an unfair advantage with their "academic scholarships" i wonder how many of their kids could actually qualify to get in? Second Corbin has to be the luckiest coach anywhere. That guy has a Golden Horseshoe up his butt

This bull $hit! I'm not pulling for NC State, but this COVID bull $hilt by the NCAA!

Are they (NCAA) moving forward with this policy with the rest of the football and basketball seasons?

People, this has to stop!!! Treat the f'cking delta Covid as if it's the flu We are at herd immunity between having Covid and getting vaccinated.

We don't cancel the programs, plays offs or other event if one or more come down the flu.

We didn't cancel school or anything from the swine flu in 2009 while children died with swine flu...

This has to stop!

Vandy is good but have an unfair advantage with their "academic scholarships" i wonder how many of their kids could actually qualify to get in? Second Corbin has to be the luckiest coach anywhere. That guy has a Golden Horseshoe up his butt

All schools take advantage of academic scholarships, but the NCAA has strict rules…first one of consequence I heard of was 60 yrs ago, the great Lance Alworth.
Know our states own PC uses them & Liberty in Va. has been quite successful with them too.

Bat might be a good source of info on how many we typically have on the team.

This bull $hit! I'm not pulling for NC State, but this COVID bull $hilt by the NCAA!

Are they (NCAA) moving forward with this policy with the rest of the football and basketball seasons?

People, this has to stop!!! Treat the f'cking delta Covid as if it's the flu We are at herd immunity between having Covid and getting vaccinated.

We don't cancel the programs, plays offs or other event if one or more come down the flu.

We didn't cancel school or anything from the swine flu in 2009 while children died with swine flu...

This has to stop!
To be fair, Swine Flu killed less than 4,000 people in the US over the course of almost two years. It's not really an apt comparison.

I would expect the NCAA to continue with this through the next year. There is nothing that the NCAA, or any member institution, hates more than bad publicity. And with even an outside possibility that someone in a collegiate sports program (coaches included) dies from Covid, they aren't going to roll those dice.

This has to stop!
jesus man....have a drink

Reactions: redrogers
Feel bad for the State players who did their part and got vaccinated.

I don’t understand why the players who are (to my understanding) vaccinated and played on Friday, can’t play again today??
So you don't feel bad for the players who didn't "do their part", even though 4 players who "did their part" came back positive?

Reactions: Cybercock
^^^^

yeah. What’s hard to understand about that? More vaccinations equals less spread. There are rare breakthrough cases.

“Many, many questions remain about the exact circumstances. A 2:10 a.m. press release from the NCAA declared Saturday’s rematch against Vanderbilt a “no contest” but offered no details and no clarification why it was OK for N.C. State to play Friday and not Saturday. But there’s no getting around that, in the end, this was a self-inflicted wound.

There’s more nuance and uncertainty to who was and wasn’t allowed to play Friday or would have been Saturday, but it all comes back to this: Under NCAA protocols, vaccinated individuals are exempt from COVID-19 testing and quarantine protocols.

So if more N.C. State players were vaccinated, more would be available to play. If they all were, the Wolfpack would almost certainly still be playing. And might even have won, with a full roster available, Friday night.

And if this outbreak indeed started with an unvaccinated player and spread to vaccinated players who then tested positive, as has been reported, then it’s even simpler than that. The unvaccinated players were a ticking bomb all along, an open door to disaster.”

^^^
Sums it up pretty well

Last edited:
Reactions: bucketdad
^^^^

yeah. What’s hard to understand about that? More vaccinations equals less spread. There are rare breakthrough cases.

“Many, many questions remain about the exact circumstances. A 2:10 a.m. press release from the NCAA declared Saturday’s rematch against Vanderbilt a “no contest” but offered no details and no clarification why it was OK for N.C. State to play Friday and not Saturday. But there’s no getting around that, in the end, this was a self-inflicted wound.

There’s more nuance and uncertainty to who was and wasn’t allowed to play Friday or would have been Saturday, but it all comes back to this: Under NCAA protocols, vaccinated individuals are exempt from COVID-19 testing and quarantine protocols.

So if more N.C. State players were vaccinated, more would be available to play. If they all were, the Wolfpack would almost certainly still be playing. And might even have won, with a full roster available, Friday night.

And if this outbreak indeed started with an unvaccinated player and spread to vaccinated players who then tested positive, as has been reported, then it’s even simpler than that. The unvaccinated players were a ticking bomb all along, an open door to disaster.

^^^
Sums it up pretty well

Do you not see the fallacy in that? Nm, I already know the answer to that question...

And JFC with the hyperbole of the last paragraph.

Consider this. The players that tested positive were healthy enough to play
Correct- the vast majority of people who get vaccinated do not get infected, of those who do- virtually all have little to no symptoms at all. That is whay vaccination is important especially for people playing team sports…. It helps prevent the spread but it is almost 100% effective at preventing severe illness. and that is why vaccinated players are not held to the same restrictions unvaccinated players are. If an unvaccinated person had not been the cause of the issue, there would not have been an issue. Period. They were not ever going to test the vaccinated players until unvaccinated teammates and coaches tested positive, then they tested the whole team.

At this point if you play a team sport and risk something like this happening that ends your whole teams’ chances of winning a championship you are selfish and putting yourself before the team. It is that simple. Don’t want to get vaccinated? Cool- stay home, and stay off campus. Want to live a normal campus life and play sports? Get the vaccine. It would be the same with any other vaccine. We all went through our normal vaccinations as kids so we could join normal society and bot spread polio, small pox and numerous other deadly illnesses. The comparabel severity of covid to some of those diseases is certainly debatable but the powers that be who make these determinations have deemed it severe enough to warrant these restrictions so if you want to play the sports they run, you have to play by their rules.

. and that is why vaccinated players are not held to the same restrictions unvaccinated players are. If an unvaccinated person had not been the cause of the issue, there would not have been an issue. Period.
Sounds like they tested the vaccinated as well and found 4 positive for covid too. So how you set your covid protocols matters. The golf issue at the British Open is a great example of just moronically stupid covid protocals.

Unfortunately this sets up Vandy to win it all again. Both Leiter and Rocker will be well rested along with the bullpen. Texas and Miss. St. will be playing again tomorrow night for the chance to go to the finals. Huge advantage for Vandy.....
Yeah, Texas fans aren't happy with Vandy's advantages. We have to beat Miss State once more for it to matter.

Reactions: redrogers
Why isn’t Vandy in protocol? There are players that played Friday that were exposed to players that had contact to infected individuals?
I think Emmert doesn’t want that question asked because it may stop the CWS and cost him money.
Someone else brought up the full house of fans. So each fan is vaccinated? How many are still “positive “? So the fans get the benefit of the doubt, and are at times inches away from the players?(foul balls)
The CWS needs to be canceled. This is dangerous to the players and fans, apparently?….did every team get tested daily?…,,so many questions!

Why isn’t Vandy in protocol? There are players that played Friday that were exposed to players that had contact to infected individuals?
I think Emmert doesn’t want that question asked because it may stop the CWS and cost him money.
Someone else brought up the full house of fans. So each fan is vaccinated? How many are still “positive “? So the fans get the benefit of the doubt, and are at times inches away from the players?(foul balls)
The CWS needs to be canceled. This is dangerous to the players and fans, apparently?….did every team get tested daily?…,,so many questions!
Possibly it's because they've all had their shots.

First of all, I dont like NC State but this is BS.
People under thirty, especially healthy ones like athletes, are not going to die from C19. Recent reports of heart related side effects as well as the unknown future side effects of the vaccine on young people, especially males, are concerning. Im nearly 60 and im not going near the needle and these players and most young people should weigh the cost/benefit before they do.
Secondly, the mere fact that those who tested positive were both vaccinated and unvaccinated is proof that the shot is not 100 percent effective so whats the point in requiring it?
Lastly, the NCAA seems to be doing its doggone best lately to destroy itself. Not sure thats a bad thing given what has become of an organization that was once FOR student-athletes.
Just play ball.

To be fair, Swine Flu killed less than 4,000 people in the US over the course of almost two years. It's not really an apt comparison.

I would expect the NCAA to continue with this through the next year. There is nothing that the NCAA, or any member institution, hates more than bad publicity. And with even an outside possibility that someone in a collegiate sports program (coaches included) dies from Covid, they aren't going to roll those dice.
I can't wait until to see what you have to say if or when we have to forfeit our game against Clemson because one of our players came down with COVID...

I'm glad State is out. I hate the ACC that much. I'm glad it didn't take a plane crash, however. Besides, State could have taken preemptive action to prevent this, just like that Rahm boy at Jack's tournament the other week.
You do realize you can test positive for Covid with the vaccination correct? Or maybe you don't.

Sounds like they tested the vaccinated as well and found 4 positive for covid too. So how you set your covid protocols matters. The golf issue at the British Open is a great example of just moronically stupid covid protocals.
Did you quit reading my post? I said “They were not ever going to test the vaccinated players until unvaccinated teammates and coaches tested positive, then they tested the whole team.”

Not sure how that is unclear but that is exactly how it was described in what I have read thus far.

You do realize you can test positive for Covid with the vaccination correct? Or maybe you don't.
A lot of people DONT realize that. The mainstream media is pushing the idea the shot is a perfect,heavenly gift for everyone. I’m not going near it personally.
Don’t get me started on the “possible COVID” column that showed up after the election, instead of just COVID and Deaths during Trumps term. It’s just sad that most rely on the big 3 networks to get all of their news.

Reactions: hillstosea
A lot of people DONT realize that. The mainstream media is pushing the idea the shot is a perfect,heavenly gift for everyone. I’m not going near it personally.
Don’t get me started on the “possible COVID” column that showed up after the election, instead of just COVID and Deaths during Trumps term.
Yeah as a vulnerable condition person, I got the vaccine so my body would be able to better fight it if I did get it and perhaps keep me away from the ER... not to act as some kinda invinsible shield against it. I would have thought that common sense but I guess not.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Yeah as a vulnerable condition person, I got the vaccine so my body would be able to better fight it if I did get it and perhaps keep me away from the ER... not to act as some kinda invinsible shield against it. I would have thought that common sense but I guess not.

Are you a 20 year old healthy D1 athlete?
One who has worked his entire baseball career with at least this one major goal in mind.... get to omaha with a chance to win it only to see this ridiculous move?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT