ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy advances

Yeah, Texas fans aren't happy with Vandy's advantages. We have to beat Miss State once more for it to matter.

F Vandy.

The tater-like stench is strong with that program.

I am pulling for da Bulldogs tonight.

But, if UT wins, that’s cool.

I will pull for the Longhorns all day, every day against Vandy,

Good luck!

I actually went to one of the Carolina-TX games in March.

Enjoyed the experience. Loved the beer truck and food trucks on the outside concourse.

I didn’t see possible CWS champions that day. But, kudos to Texas. Y’all got several players from the Sugar Land, Richmond area where I’m at.

Are you a 20 year old healthy D1 athlete?
One who has worked his entire baseball career with at least this one major goal in mind.... get to omaha with a chance to win it only to see this ridiculous move?
They knew the rules before they arrived- get a vaccine= avoid trouble. Don’t and you will be tested daily, with positives potentially exposing your entire team to forfeiting games. They chose to believe internet BS instead of taking a very easy step to avoid this. This is 100% on the players and coaches who refused the vaccine.

Whether one individual feels he will get real sick from the virus or not is irrelevant- they risk exposing others on their own teams, players and coaches on other teams, the friends, family, parents and Grandparents of their teammates and opposing teams… Many of whom are not healthy 20 year old D1 athletes. It is a myopic view to look at it as a choice that only affects the individual players. Non-vaccinated people should not be allowed to play team sports at this point. You want to listen to conspiracy theories and believe a safe vaccine is dangerous or simply don’t want to get it because maybe you are scared of needles? Fine. Your choice- stay home and watch the game on TV. I feel for the NC State players who did the right thing and have to suffer for the decisions of those who did not.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Are you a 20 year old healthy D1 athlete?
One who has worked his entire baseball career with at least this one major goal in mind.... get to omaha with a chance to win it only to see this ridiculous move?
I was referring to those who think the vaccine was going to prevent one from getting the virus... not what a young man decides to do. I respect their decision not to. And I hate this happened to NC St. But I also dont think rules should be changed for one team if others had to play under the same rules. What they need to do is make changes I think we would agree on as soon as the season is over.

I'm glad State is out. I hate the ACC that much. I'm glad it didn't take a plane crash, however. Besides, State could have taken preemptive action to prevent this, just like that Rahm boy at Jack's tournament the other week.
While you are correct about could have been vaccinated, the positive tests that got them booted came from vaccinated players. And thanks to both political parties, the vaccine became politicized. State having 50% of their team vaccinated is really a reflection of society in general. And no way can a coach make a player take the vaccine.

While you are correct about could have been vaccinated, the positive tests that got them booted came from vaccinated players. And thanks to both political parties, the vaccine became politicized. State having 50% of their team vaccinated is really a reflection of society in general. And no way can a coach make a player take the vaccine.
We've been through all this. If they wanted to immunize themselves from disqualification, they should have ensured that all their people were vaccinated. I'm uninterested in discussing the macro aspects of all this.

And if this outbreak indeed started with an unvaccinated player and spread to vaccinated players who then tested positive, as has been reported, then it’s even simpler than that. The unvaccinated players were a ticking bomb all along, an open door to disaster.”
If it's true that 4 vaccinated players tested positive, then I don't see how you can lay the blame for that at the feet of the unvaccinated players. By definition, if the vaccination was so ineffective as to allow 4 people on one team to test positive, then those 4 guys would have been susceptible to catching the virus from, literally, anyone, even each other.

I say "if" because this all sounds very fishy and I'm not sure we're getting the full story. Seems likely that perhaps there were a number of false positives involved.

Yeah as a vulnerable condition person, I got the vaccine so my body would be able to better fight it if I did get it and perhaps keep me away from the ER... not to act as some kinda invinsible shield against it. I would have thought that common sense but I guess not.
“Perhaps “ is the operative word in your response. Our whole nation is banking on” perhaps.”
Not hating here, sir, I’m a vulnerable guy too. However, I feel HE will call me home when it’s my time, regardless of socioeconomic goings on.

Of course I do. I also know you can't be tested positive if you don't get tested. Having everyone vaccinated would have obviated their removal.

It would have prevented them from testing positive but would not have changed the fact they were positive.
So following that line of logic one should have had a shot just to prevent a test despite any proven medical benefit and despite knowung the true long term effects of the vaccine?
Nah

They knew the rules before they arrived- get a vaccine= avoid trouble. Don’t and you will be tested daily, with positives potentially exposing your entire team to forfeiting games. They chose to believe internet BS instead of taking a very easy step to avoid this. This is 100% on the players and coaches who refused the vaccine.

Whether one individual feels he will get real sick from the virus or not is irrelevant- they risk exposing others on their own teams, players and coaches on other teams, the friends, family, parents and Grandparents of their teammates and opposing teams… Many of whom are not healthy 20 year old D1 athletes. It is a myopic view to look at it as a choice that only affects the individual players. Non-vaccinated people should not be allowed to play team sports at this point. You want to listen to conspiracy theories and believe a safe vaccine is dangerous or simply don’t want to get it because maybe you are scared of needles? Fine. Your choice- stay home and watch the game on TV. I feel for the NC State players who did the right thing and have to suffer for the decisions of those who did not.

I believe the BS is from the CDC not the internet
Forcing a vaccine on a perfectly healthy 20 year old is overreach big time.
Let someone tell me i cant do something without the shot and see how that works out.

If it's true that 4 vaccinated players tested positive, then I don't see how you can lay the blame for that at the feet of the unvaccinated players. By definition, if the vaccination was so ineffective as to allow 4 people on one team to test positive, then those 4 guys would have been susceptible to catching the virus from, literally, anyone, even each other.

I say "if" because this all sounds very fishy and I'm not sure we're getting the full story. Seems likely that perhaps there were a number of false positives involved.
Agreed on all points.
I , like Batgirl and Smalls, count the days to Omaha. It’s a shame that the NCAA is going to take a dump on it’s 3rd biggest moneymaker…and on college baseball fans everywhere .

It would have prevented them from testing positive but would not have changed the fact they were positive.
So following that line of logic one should have had a shot just to prevent a test despite any proven medical benefit and despite knowung the true long term effects of the vaccine?
Nah
It may not have prevented them from a positive test result.Your logic is flawed.
Respectfully, the false positives are the problem.

Nah
See, now you're wanting to confuse the micro with the macro when the only pertinent factor is the protocol as regards vaccinations. One team took care of business; another evidently did not.

Last edited:
🤦‍♂️

Only if they have had non-vaccinated Vanderbilt players test positive. Have they?
Doesn't matter. They were testing all of NCSTs players. Some of the vaccinated ones tested positive and they kicked them out. Therefore, due to vandy playing them yesterday, they too should be tested.

Doesn't matter. They were testing all of NCSTs players. Some of the vaccinated ones tested positive and they kicked them out. Therefore, due to vandy playing them yesterday, they too should be tested.
Not without probable cause regarding Vandy. Were they testing all of State's players at first? State was only in the situation they got into because of their lack of diligence. That failure should not devolve on anyone else. If Vandy gets a positive test from a non-vaccinated person, they could go from there. How many unvaccinated people does Vandy have? That's the salient point.

Last edited:
Reactions: goboykin
Not without probable cause regarding Vandy. Were they testing all of State's players at first? State was only in the situation they got into because of their lack of diligence. That failure should not devolve on anyone else. If Vandy gets a positive test from a non-vaccinated person, they could go from there. How many unvaccinated people does Vandy have? That's the salient point?
Your failure to realize the irrelevance of this point based on NCSTs positive vaccinated players is frustrating. Make no mistake about it, the tipping point was the vaccinated players testing positive. If NCSTs vaccinated players can test positive, let's see if vandy's can also.

All the crying in this thread is hilarious.

I love how folks no longer believe in personal responsibility.

I may not agree with the protocols but if you know the rules and still decide to skip your jab then you get what you get.

But, I’ll say I have enjoyed the crying. All my UNC buddies at the club today were laughing pretty hard at NCSU expense. “On brand” is what several folks said.

Reactions: goboykin
Did you quit reading my post? I said “They were not ever going to test the vaccinated players until unvaccinated teammates and coaches tested positive, then they tested the whole team.”

Not sure how that is unclear but that is exactly how it was described in what I have read thus far.
Because Corbin demanded the NCAA do so.

Reactions: Cybercock
Your failure to realize the irrelevance of this point based on NCSTs positive vaccinated players is frustrating. Make no mistake about it, the tipping point was the vaccinated players testing positive. If NCSTs vaccinated players can test positive, let's see if vandy's can also.
Is that the protocol? Your failure to accept that the protocol does not require that is mystifying to me. My lack of skin in the game immunizes me from frustration, however. I'd have to be more invested.

Is that the protocol? Your failure to accept that the protocol does not require that is mystifying to me. My lack of skin in the game immunizes me from frustration, however. I'd have to be more invested.
Didn't they play each other yesterday? Covid respecting the jersey colors now?

@king ward , with all due respect the correct thing to do would be to put BOTH teams in contact tracing until BOTH teams cleared any testing protocols. And do so BEFORE making one team forfeit in favor of the other. If you have to delay the completion of the CWS, so be it. Instead the NCAA caved to Corbin's whining so he wouldn't have to burn Leiter's arm today, and would have him for the Championship Series.

@king ward , with all due respect the correct thing to do would be to put BOTH teams in contact tracing until BOTH teams cleared any testing protocols. And do so BEFORE making one team forfeit in favor of the other. If you have to delay the completion of the CWS, so be it. Instead the NCAA caved to Corbin's whining so he wouldn't have to burn Leiter's arm today, and would have him for the Championship Series.
Well said

I understand your point of view. By happenstance, my response to the other poster cited your post #66. I'm good with what happened, though not entirely for the best reasons. I suspect that some who aren't good with it are also operating out of bias.

“Perhaps “ is the operative word in your response. Our whole nation is banking on” perhaps.”
Not hating here, sir, I’m a vulnerable guy too. However, I feel HE will call me home when it’s my time, regardless of socioeconomic goings on.
That's fair enough. To each his own, as it should be. Unfortunately I believe the country will be banking on "perhaps" for quite some time to come. Hopefully time will tell how good or bad our decisions were during this time. Be good to know anyway. I doubt this will be our last rodeo.

NCSU players are starting to spill the tea on what actually happened. It's becoming clear that the NCAA did not follow their own protocols in this situation, and the actions they took were clearly in Vandy's favor.
Popcorn ready. The NCAA is not having a great week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT