ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy game

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
They looked pretty competitive against ND. I think this week’s game is a big measuring stick . If we go up there and “Woodshed them” then I think this good be a decent year . If it’s a struggle (which it seems to always be at Vandy) and we squeak by then this could turn into a .500 or worse year . Don’t think we are a good team but not near as bad as UGA made it look . Let’s face facts Bama , UGA ,OSU , and unfortunately Clemson are on a different talent level by miles over everyone else . We could play UGA 10 more times and they are gonna drag us 9 out 10 games . The next two weeks are big . Ole Miss , Mizzou and TAMU are at best toss ups right now . UF and Tenn still Suck !!

They looked pretty competitive against ND. I think this week’s game is a big measuring stick . If we go up there and “Woodshed them” then I think this good be a decent year . If it’s a struggle (which it seems to always be at Vandy) and we squeak by then this could turn into a .500 or worse year . Don’t think we are a good team but not near as bad as UGA made it look . Let’s face facts Bama , UGA ,OSU , and unfortunately Clemson are on a different talent level by miles over everyone else . We could play UGA 10 more times and they are gonna drag us 9 out 10 games . The next two weeks are big . Ole Miss , Mizzou and TAMU are at best toss ups right now . UF and Tenn still Suck !!
I believe every week for us is going to be a dogfight (with the exception of Chattanooga, hopefully). UF and Tenn may suck, but I don't see either as an easy or comfortable - let alone definite - win.

Reactions: coolcock2001
I believe every week for us is going to be a dogfight (with the exception of Chattanooga, hopefully). UF and Tenn may suck, but I don't see either as an easy or comfortable - let alone definite - win.
Spoken like someone who's been around a while. Even during the Spurrier era there were a mighty few blowouts - esp. in SEC play. The Arky beatdown in Fayetteville is one that sticks out. As well as the Shaw starting debut against KY (after Garcia got the axe).

Reactions: 92Pony and vacock#
Spoken like someone who's been around a while. Even during the Spurrier era there were a mighty few blowouts - esp. in SEC play. The Arky beatdown in Fayetteville is one that sticks out. As well as the Shaw starting debut against KY (after Garcia got the axe).
That beat down AT Arky a few years back was glorious , as was Shaw's dismantling of Ky - I believe that score was 54-3 (no googling - that one made an impression on me).

But yes, I have been around Gamecock sports a little while - 49yrs if you count sitting on my Dads lap watching games. :) Dad was an alum and knew all too well the hardship of being a lifelong Gamecock. It's in my blood - for better or worse. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT