ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy Game

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
Good morning Gamecock Nation.

I hope this can be a legit thread without coach/team/fan bashing.

If you have season tickets to the games, are you going to the Vandy game?
If you aren't going, are you going to sell or give away your tickets?
If you aren't going, is it because you are busy or is it a protest?

We stopped buyong season tickets over 10 years fwiw so we aren't going.
We do go tailgate with friends sometime and we also host watch parties at our
house.
We usually end up buying tickets to at least one game and this year we are making the trip to Texas A&M.

I thought it only fair to detail how we watch games since I started this thread.

GO COCKS!

This is the 3rd year we haven't done season tickets. It was expensive, time-consuming and more frustrating week after week. We went to the Kentucky game and that's it for us this year. We'll always watch on TV but it's nice to be able to turn it off, get up and walk away when you've had enough of that nonsense (just like I did at 12:50 this past Saturday).

This is the 3rd year we haven't done season tickets. It was expensive, time-consuming and more frustrating week after week. We went to the Kentucky game and that's it for us this year. We'll always watch on TV but it's nice to be able to turn it off, get up and walk away when you've had enough of that nonsense (just like I did at 12:50 this past Saturday).
you made it until 12:50? I give you props.

• Haha
Reactions: rockingamecock
Going, but getting tired of dealing with having to find alternate parking when the Fair is in town.
It's bad enough when it's a OOC game Fair weekend, but SEC game AND Homecoming? And we lose half the parking for GCC members. Who the heck thought that would be a good idea? It's well past time for the University and the State Fair Association to get this crap worked out.

Honestly, if it weren't Homecoming, I'd skip the game.

I haven't been to a game in a few years, but I'll be going this week. Snagged cheap tickets and will be taking my 9 month old son to his first game. Really looking forward to it!

Going, but getting tired of dealing with having to find alternate parking when the Fair is in town.
It's bad enough when it's a OOC game Fair weekend, but SEC game AND Homecoming? And we lose half the parking for GCC members. Who the heck thought that would be a good idea? It's well past time for the University and the State Fair Association to get this crap worked out.

Honestly, if it weren't Homecoming, I'd skip the game.
Seems like the SEC worked with us for a few years by giving us a bye week and an away game the when the fair was in town. I wonder if we asked them for a home game during it? Seems like they wouldn’t do it unless we specifically asked.

I have been going to home games since the 80's. Dad was a 1/2 scholarship donor for 30+ years until his passing in 2018. Those tickets could not be passed down because of the scholarship level. I still have our parking spot at Stadium Place but no tickets. Buddy of mine gave me his for this weekend so I could take my 12 year old son and my nephew. Good times for decades. May have to jump in the Scholarship pool with my own tickets at some point. Just not now. GO COCKS!

No season tickets, but always try to make a game or two a year anymore. Looking to hit Auburn this year at least.

house.
We usually end up buying tickets to at least one game and this year we are making the trip to Texas A&M.

I thought it only fair to detail how we watch games since I started this thread.

GO COCKS!
I forgot I had season tickets for this weekend. Guess I'll find someone to give them to since I have baseball. Wonder if I can consider that a donation?

Seems like the SEC worked with us for a few years by giving us a bye week and an away game the when the fair was in town. I wonder if we asked them for a home game during it? Seems like they wouldn’t do it unless we specifically asked.
The home game isn't really my issue this year. It's that our University, in their infinite wisdom, thought it would be good to do Homecoming as well. Yes, let's lose half our GCC Member parking AND invite all Alumni back all while the Fair is in town. That's a GREAT idea! Said no one ever.

Gave my tickets to friends (Gamecocks). I learned a long time ago that the fair game wasn’t for me.
We are going . Might be my last year getting season tickets. 44 years to be exact . I'll just keep my basketball and baseball tix. Last year during the Covid I only went to 2 home games . Got kind of spoiled watching homes games on TV. 75 inch is kind of nice . No traffic , parking and dealing with opponent fans .

house.

GO COCKS!
I have four season tickets that I give away each week. Not able to go myself anymore. Artificial knees and no hand rails in stadium. I could get up to my seats, but not be able to get back down without handrails.

Last game I attended was Spurrier’s last year . I live in Florida but i would still drive up for at least 1 game a year or go to Baton Rouge or Gainesville for road games . The day we hired Muschamp was it for me . If Shane can turn it around and actually put an exciting product on the field I’ll bite . Time will tell . I hate to admit my teenage daughter wanted to go to her first college football game for the experience and I took her to Baton Rouge for a night game . She had a blast .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT