ADVERTISEMENT

Venables' sly dig at Gamecocks postgame

With the way clempson program is right now. They should never score only 3 points against anybody no matter how good UGA defense is .
That’s exactly right. I was fully expecting Klempsun to show variety and balance on offense, out scoring Georgia and pulling away in the 2nd half. Not only did their QB look rattled, the play calling was not effective or creative.

Something along the lines of: A team improves by playing tough opponents, not by bashing a 'directional' school by 50-0. This coming from an ultra-caffeinated nutcase who hasn't had a secondary that could cover a bagel with cream cheese on a trowel in 10 years, smh.
They will bash such schools all year long.

Reactions: bdblack
Someone explain this term "directional football team" for me please.
Michigan has a central Michigan , eastern Michigan, etc. They are smaller schools. It’s a pejorative to indicate they are not the main school.

Aren't taters playing SC State next week. Guess they won't learn anything.
BTW, we are not a directional school since SC is the state. I have said that so cal is a directional school since it is the southern part of California. No one else would say that. Ha.
I was just thinking aren't the taters playing SC State next? LOL

Sounds like generic coachspeak to me.

Agreed. Usually clemson opens with a 70-10 cupcake game, and this was very different. He's trying to spin it as any coach would.

Kind of funny to hear someone try to spin it as he's insecure about Beamer too. Talk about reading way too much into a generic coach speak comment.

Reactions: vacock#
This whole thing seems very meh to me. If he was directing this at us, so what, it will be decided on the field later this year. If he wasn't then.... well..., either way I get back to who the hell cares what that arese clown thinks anyway???

Something along the lines of: A team improves by playing tough opponents, not by bashing a 'directional' school by 50-0. This coming from an ultra-caffeinated nutcase who hasn't had a secondary that could cover a bagel with cream cheese on a trowel in 10 years, smh.

We passed for 105 yards against them last time we played.

Think that Venables is simply obsessed that Shane Beamer, without even Offensive nor Defensive Coordinator experience, was willing to take the leap to being a Head Coach. In contrast, he (Venables) does not have the cahonas to get out of his secure comfort zone of Coordinator at a football school in a basketball-first conference (with few football schools). I think that insecurity eats at Venables core. Now, I'm not a psychiatrist. But, that's what it looks like to me.
Vegetables also recognizes he lacks the personality for a head coaching position. Can you imagine this guy with his own TV show?

If this truly was a dig at the Gamecocks... that means one of the first things he did after their game was to find the Gamecock final score.

For all of you "Gamecock fans" (taters always hide themselves below ground until they are pulled up, lol) who believe I fabricated Venables' remarks, or actually have convinced yourselves that he wasn't referring to the Gamecocks win more than an hour and a half after we won, just find his interview postgame and watch it, all of it. No need for an apology, just live and learn.

I don’t know if that was a poke at Carolina. Or bragging about opening the season with a tough opponent.
But I bet Dabo and staff are behind the scenes politicking tooth and nail to keep from having UGA on their schedule in the future. lol

Um, yeah, has he seen the rest of Clemson's schedule? It's not exactly murder's row.

• Haha
For all of you "Gamecock fans" (taters always hide themselves below ground until they are pulled up, lol) who believe I fabricated Venables' remarks, or actually have convinced yourselves that he wasn't referring to the Gamecocks win more than an hour and a half after we won, just find his interview postgame and watch it, all of it. No need for an apology, just live and learn.

You convinced me. Not only was Venables comment completely about the gamecocks, bit I think he was speaking directly to you, to make you mad.

Umm, doesn’t nearly every D1 team schedule at least one terrible team for easy wins and home games? Ours just came first. Which I don’t mind with a rookie head coach and an injured starting QB.

You convinced me. Not only was Venables comment completely about the gamecocks, bit I think he was speaking directly to you, to make you mad.
I never get angry, my friend. Just doing my part to lift you from the bonds of ignorance, lol.

I never get angry, my friend. Just doing my part to lift you from the bonds of ignorance, lol.

It helps when you have that direct link to the inner thoughts of people you see speaking on TV. Does the tinfoil hat really focus those signals?

Reactions: Areukidding1
Wait, they regularly play great teams in their openers? Lol!

Pretty sure the last time they won a national title, they opened up with Furman.

Think that Venables is simply obsessed that Shane Beamer, without even Offensive nor Defensive Coordinator experience, was willing to take the leap to being a Head Coach. In contrast, he (Venables) does not have the cahonas to get out of his secure comfort zone of Coordinator at a football school in a basketball-first conference (with few football schools). I think that insecurity eats at Venables core. Now, I'm not a psychiatrist. But, that's what it looks like to me.
Lol, you can't possibly believe that...

If it was directed at us, and I doubt that it was, he has every right to say it until USC comes even close to doing something about it.
Finally someone with balls who doesn’t get their feelings hurt at every comment made by those i media who don’t care for us, thank you for posting

It helps when you have that direct link to the inner thoughts of people you see speaking on TV. Does the tinfoil hat really focus those signals?
Did you actually watch the Venables postgame interview? Thank you sir, that's what I thought .... I rest my case, lol.

Did you actually watch the Venables postgame interview? Thank you sir, that's what I thought .... I rest my case, lol.

Did you?

I googled it and read it. Maybe you should have before prematurely "resting" anything. And maybe you need to get some fresh tin foil.

"The way that you’re defined as a champion is how you play throughout the year,” he said. “You’re not anointing anybody anything right now — us as a defense or certainly this as a football team, or in the other locker room. It’s a long year, and the best players and the best teams, they find a way to continue to get better and they grow from the adversity, and that’s where real growth happens – not through going and beating somebody’s brains in 50-0, some directional school."

Last edited:
What's he running his mouth about? No one is talking about the UPC defense. They didn't lose it on defense. His comment is unwarranted and unprovoked.
Agreed. Their defense was as good as any elite team in the country. You allow 3 points, you SHOULD win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT