ADVERTISEMENT

Very happy with the win...but...

ConKreteCock

Oct 11, 2008
I won't even get into the play calling, X's and O's etc.....(I could, but I won't) ....but we need a "Time Clock" coach.

Bottom line no matter how you slice it = the last T/O was burned too early. It was unnecessary and showed a CLEAR sign of PANIC from the coaching staff.

Say what you will but the right play call was in.....Hurry up to LOS after the 1st down and QB takes snap and veers left to the middle of the field, takes a knee and call the T/O THEN.

Instead, the coaching staff flat out panicked and called the T/O prematurely, leaving them 2 seconds on the clock. And I've been a Gamecock for 45 years.....I've seen a lot of bad stuff happen to us in 2 seconds.

Just some constructive criticism. I've always thought there should be a play clock coach for every team. Clearly some can manage the clock and some can't. Hats off to Parker. I love that kid.

Muschamp is 10x’s better at clock management. I wish he would use more for the D at times.

Geez - team drives for a game winning score with a back up QB - and people like you get on here and bitch about menial crap like leaving 2 seconds on the clock - chill the F out and enjoy the win.

Muschamp is 10x’s better at clock management. I wish he would use more for the D at times.
If he's so great a clock management he wouldn't have called a draw play with 23 seconds left in the first half and with decent field position and 2 timeouts.

Reactions: cockydigitydog
If he's so great a clock management he wouldn't have called a draw play with 23 seconds left in the first half and with decent field position and 2 timeouts.

Apparently you don’t remember the spurrier “time management” days, lol we rarely had a surplus of TOs in the 4th quarter

Geez - team drives for a game winning score with a back up QB - and people like you get on here and bitch about menial crap like leaving 2 seconds on the clock - chill the F out and enjoy the win.

How was the officiating today?

Careful. You're dangerously close to bringing facts, common sense, logic, and reason into the discussion. We can't have that.

giphy.gif

Reactions: HI Cock
Champ called the last timeout because he was afraid Scar would snap it with 5 seconds left and not get down fast enough to get the timeout before the clock expired. I didn't love the angle from the hash but it was the right call.

Imagine a fumbled snap or a pile that prevented us from kicking the field goal. FGF would have melted down.

Reactions: wob and fire ant
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT