ADVERTISEMENT

VERY IMPRESSED AND INTERESTED

Tig3rman

Dec 7, 2016
I am a tiger fan (or tater as u say)...but i am first and foremost a diehard college football fan. The successful turnaround u guys have made is remarkable. I do believe this o.c. hire is very important. You guys- Bentley especially- look better in up-tempo. Muschamp is getting you guys ready long term, with a solid foundation. Congrats on your outback bowl win. I was just curious who u guys wanted for your new o.c. and how gamecock nation pictures your QB position going next year. TIA

Bryan Mclendon made his case for the OC position in the bowl game, and may end up with the job. Other candidates I’ve heard are Eli Drinkwitz, Phil Longo, Dan Werner, and Rhett Lashlee. Personally I’d like to see Bmac get it.
As for the qb situation, Bentley won the job last year and with him being a jr next year and 2 freshmen behind him, I expect he’ll be the guy again. Possibly a package or two for Joyner
Looking like y’all may have a qb controversy next year. How do you see that playing out?

Reactions: funktavious
I have thought McClendon would be it, other teams had interest in hiring him since he is a outstanding recruiter and position coach.

This had more to do with Roper"s removal then most think.

WM has to promote to keep him.

The prep and how he handled the job and the second half performance are enough for WM to follow through with his grand plan.

I tend to read between the lines and make calls and sometimes I'm right, mostly wrong. Will see how this call turns out.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I am a tiger fan (or tater as u say)...but i am first and foremost a diehard college football fan. The successful turnaround u guys have made is remarkable. I do believe this o.c. hire is very important. You guys- Bentley especially- look better in up-tempo. Muschamp is getting you guys ready long term, with a solid foundation. Congrats on your outback bowl win. I was just curious who u guys wanted for your new o.c. and how gamecock nation pictures your QB position going next year. TIA
Jeff Scott or Tony Elliot

Initially I was totally against McClendon but I'm coming around to the idea. He's a great recruiter and convinced MUSCHAMP to run an up-tempo offense, which is quite a feat. We also made adjustments to one of the best defenses in the country.

I wouldn't be upset with McClendon, but I would still like to see a great up-tempo hire from outside of the program.

To the tiger fan, I think a couple of the qbs on your team will head out after spring ball. No disrespect, but Kelly b didn’t look to good the other night. Think he remains the starter?

As far as oc, BMac is the man. He’s the person Champ wants.

Kelly B will have to be phenomenal this spring to be the starter. Lawrence has too much talent to be held out long. I believe it will be similar to Watson’s career. Bryant will start the season and maybe the first two games until Lawrence is comfortable with the speed and reads.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
Some people make somewhat convincing arguments for BM. I'm not convinced. I don't feel as if he did that good of a job in the bowl. It looked like warmed over Roper to me. BM had plenty of time to at least install a coupla new plays. He did not. Look at first half. Mich had a meltdown in the 2nd half which USC took advantage of. The defense won the game not the offense. If Mich had scored TDs instead of FGs on USC's 1st half mistakes USC would not have won the game.
Jake looked better and more comfortable but that's due to his dad not BM but looking at Boom's post game press conference I think his mind is already made up and it's gonna be BM.

Reactions: Brace1
Kelly B will have to be phenomenal this spring to be the starter. Lawrence has too much talent to be held out long. I believe it will be similar to Watson’s career. Bryant will start the season and maybe the first two games until Lawrence is comfortable with the speed and reads.

What about Hunter Johnson? Somebody is going to transfer, most likely.

Some people make somewhat convincing arguments for BM. I'm not convinced. I don't feel as if he did that good of a job in the bowl. It looked like warmed over Roper to me. BM had plenty of time to at least install a coupla new plays. He did not. Look at first half. Mich had a meltdown in the 2nd half which USC took advantage of. The defense won the game not the offense. If Mich had scored TDs instead of FGs on USC's 1st half mistakes USC would not have won the game.
Jake looked better and more comfortable but that's due to his dad not BM but looking at Boom's post game press conference I think his mind is already made up and it's gonna be BM.
I thought the game plan was poor, really poor....especially for the time they had to make one. The adjustments in the 3rd quarter were good, but still not sure we could've maintained a sustained drive. Thank goodness for the defense and still believe we need to get an experienced OC.

Reactions: Brace1
John$on will be encouraged to stay. Tigers will clean house with the other QBs. It’ll be Kelly b, hunter and the new kid.

My guess is that two qbs transfer out. Or one switches positions. Thoughts of Lawrence spreading the ball around with Bryant and Etienne in the backfield are interesting.
Does DJ enroll early?

Great question! You have to respect who is making the hire or you have a problem, Muschamp is our guy so I'm good with his decision, he has the experience and contacts to make this hire, if BM is the guy, lets roll with it!

My only question is do we look at different type OC's for drop back and dual threat QB's or does that matter?

I agree about our qbs- no way we keep all of em- and kb has a lot to prove come spring-fall. O-line is another issue that was glaring in sugar bowl. How's you guys LB stock coming- I was blown away by your LB play in 2nd half especially- u guys have real talent at this position-

I kinda see the same thing. Similar to when Watson took over from stoudt. Also can see Johnson and possibly Cooper transferring after the spring game like kelly did.
It’s easier to stockpile rbs because you can spread the carries around, not so much at qb. While y’all have been able to build quality depth at qb, at some point they’ll see the writing on the wall

I expect Cooper to transfer.
In Columbia, the qb battle with Bentley and Joyner will be interesting if Joyner is clearly better. How do Bobby and Jake respond? I think Joyner edges him out because of mobility. The only way a qb with limited running ability succeeds is because of a cannon for an arm and accuracy to match.

Bryan Mclendon made his case for the OC position in the bowl game, and may end up with the job. Other candidates I’ve heard are Eli Drinkwitz, Phil Longo, Dan Werner, and Rhett Lashlee. Personally I’d like to see Bmac get it.
As for the qb situation, Bentley won the job last year and with him being a jr next year and 2 freshmen behind him, I expect he’ll be the guy again. Possibly a package or two for Joyner
Looking like y’all may have a qb controversy next year. How do you see that playing out?

B Mac Mac was part of the issue all year. It’s time to make a real OC hire. Stop bull chitting. Bmac and Bentley can learn under the home run hire like CleMson did with Morris

In Columbia, the qb battle with Bentley and Joyner will be interesting if Joyner is clearly better. How do Bobby and Jake respond? I think Joyner edges him out because of mobility. The only way a qb with limited running ability succeeds is because of a cannon for an arm and accuracy to match.
A freshman is not beating Bentley out. Bentley looked much better early before our num 1 RB and num 1 WR went down

I believe the easiest way to sum it up is this, everyone wants someone else. The popular names right now are Drinkowitz(sp) from NC State and promoting BMac. I'd personally like to get Kendrall Briles from FAU or Phil Longo from Ole Miss. As far as the QB situation goes, Bentley will start barring some injury over the off season. Joyner and Urich will battle it out for backup. I don't expect Joyner to play next year (IE a red shirt year), but he very well could have some packages tailored to him.

B Mac Mac was part of the issue all year. It’s time to make a real OC hire. Stop bull chitting. Bmac and Bentley can learn under the home run hire like CleMson did with Morris
What part was bull chitting? Or do you have problems with reading comprehension?

What part was bull chitting? Or do you have problems with reading comprehension?
If we just promote within without searching for best fit. That is bull chitting. If bmac was so great we should ran Roper off end of last year

If we just promote within without searching for best fit. That is bull chitting. If bmac was so great we should ran Roper off end of last year
End of last year everyone thought we had an offense. Actually most probably thought that the defense had more question marks coming into the season. Promoting from within may be the best fit

End of last year everyone thought we had an offense. Actually most probably thought that the defense had more question marks coming into the season. Promoting from within may be the best fit

Promoting from with in will not happen, got one word for you..... Whammy.

everyone expects so much from freshmen these days...what happen to time to develop? Bentley will be QB next year and if he stays his senior year....give Joyner at least a year to grow....you don't have a D Watson every year.....

Reactions: Tigerflip212

I think end of last year, everyone thought offensive line and Shawn Elliott was holding back the offense. We got a new one and Roper still struggled. The correction didn't work so he was let go.

everyone expects so much from freshmen these days...what happen to time to develop? Bentley will be QB next year and if he stays his senior year....give Joyner at least a year to grow....you don't have a D Watson every year.....
where might he be going his senior year?

Reactions: VirgilCaine
I believe the easiest way to sum it up is this, everyone wants someone else. The popular names right now are Drinkowitz(sp) from NC State and promoting BMac. I'd personally like to get Kendrall Briles from FAU or Phil Longo from Ole Miss. As far as the QB situation goes, Bentley will start barring some injury over the off season. Joyner and Urich will battle it out for backup. I don't expect Joyner to play next year (IE a red shirt year), but he very well could have some packages tailored to him.

Agree. Bentley will be the QB next year and probably the year after. I only hope we can get an OL..

Agree. Bentley will be the QB next year and probably the year after. I only hope we can get an OL..
I like our OL recruits from last year and this year (with Wonnum still a possible signee). A lot of potential in both classes. Let them develop and I think we will be very happy with the results at that position.

Reactions: 0007cock
My guess is that two qbs transfer out. Or one switches positions. Thoughts of Lawrence spreading the ball around with Bryant and Etienne in the backfield are interesting.
Does DJ enroll early?
Switching Bryant to RB is a demotion and the same thinking that caused Joyner to drop you guys. Bryant did well this year. Tom Brady would have looked bad in the BAMA debacle. Clemson's OL was pitiful.

Reactions: Tigerflip212
Like B-mac, but that was one game. Lorenzo Ward did the same thing for us in a bowl game on defense, and won the coordinator job. We saw how that turned out. Not saying it will turn out that way. Just saying to keep things in perspective.

We need a new scheme to fit our talent. Roper just wasn't calling plays, this was his scheme he brought with him. Is a young B-Mac ready to not only call plays, but change/alter the scheme that was mostly non-effective for 2 years.

On offense, Muschamp has to give the keys to someone with experience and someone where this isn't his 1st rodeo. I liked the move Kirby Smart made hiring a veteran OC who Kirby could get out of his way.

As far as Clemson, I think you are finally seeing the effect of losing "The Chad". After The Chad left, you guys still had Watson to cover for everyone's mistakes/weaknesses. Against the likes of Auburn and then Alabama this year, that got exposed. Bryant and your playcallers are good against most teams in the ACC with lesser talent than Clemson's. Against a legit defense on the level of Bama, they had no answer. Deshaun Watson isn't walking through that door anytime soon. If not, than you would need strong QB play and shrewd playcalling to keep a defense like Bama on its heels.

Reactions: rogue cock
Switching Bryant to RB is a demotion and the same thinking that caused Joyner to drop you guys. Bryant did well this year. Tom Brady would have looked bad in the BAMA debacle. Clemson's OL was pitiful.
Bryant is too small for RB. Unless he puts on 20 lbs of muscle, he'll get killed. Even in the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT