ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia hired a better coach with a proven resume of success

Mar 14, 2007
Going into this game I was very concerned Virginia would be more focused and better coached.

That game was a perfect snap shot of a great head coach with a proven track record of success doing more with less.

Reactions: king ward
Have you ever thought our pre-season aspirations were a little bit higher than Virginia's? Maybe playing in a crappy bowl 90 miles from Columbia after thinking you had legitimate shot at winning SEC East was a hard pill for our team to swallow. If you've watched much football over your lifetime, you'll realize that bowl games often come down to who wants to be there. I imagine we had much higher aspirations at start of season than the Belk Bowl. With Virginia being horrible over the past 10 years or so, maybe they were excited to head to Charlotte. You can never handicap bowl games easily without knowing teams desire to be there.

Reactions: tl from little hell
Have you ever thought our pre-season aspirations were a little bit higher than Virginia's? Maybe playing in a crappy bowl 90 miles from Columbia after thinking you had legitimate shot at winning SEC East was a hard pill for our team to swallow. If you've watched much football over your lifetime, you'll realize that bowl games often come down to who wants to be there. I imagine we had much higher aspirations at start of season than the Belk Bowl. With Virginia being horrible over the past 10 years or so, maybe they were excited to head to Charlotte. You can never handicap bowl games easily without knowing teams desire to be there.
Well if they didn't want it they should have declined the invite. Simple

So we were disappointed because we didn’t make our usual NY6 bowl game as has happened so often at USC. Therefore, the Belk Bowl was beneath us and we didn’t want to be there.

Not buying it. We simply were not prepared as well as the opponent. And that falls on the coaches.

If lack of enthusiasm is the explanation for a 28-0 beat-down at the hands of a 7-5 ACC team, that is inexcusable. One more thing that falls on the coaches.

Forgive me, but pretexts are bullcrap.

Good players that are properly taught and developed come ready to play a football game regardless of the situation. Most players like playing football and enjoy the challenge each and every day. If our motivation was lacking, then we don't have the right staff in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

It was hard not to be impressed with the way UVA's coaching staff had their team ready to play. I believe if we had traded coaching staffs for the preparation of that game, as well as the game itself - the outcome would have been far different.

We have talent, especially on offense. However, from our teams perspective, yesterday's game looked like a pickup game of guys playing with each other for the first time.

Reactions: king ward
Good players that are properly taught and developed come ready to play a football game regardless of the situation. Most players like playing football and enjoy the challenge each and every day. If our motivation was lacking, then we don't have the right staff in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

It was hard not to be impressed with the way UVA's coaching staff had their team ready to play. I believe if we had traded coaching staffs for the preparation of that game, as well as the game itself - the outcome would have been far different.

We have talent, especially on offense. However, from our teams perspective, yesterday's game looked like a pickup game of guys playing with each other for the first time.
I'm not sure about our talent level, except that I know it mostly sucks on defense. I am certain that the culture is wanting somehow. Things like yesterday don't happen otherwise. We got our @$$e$ handed to us by a third-rate Power Five team.

Well I can tell you no muschamp team will be playing for the sec championship here At USC. So if the bowl means nothing to the players and the coaches don’t use all the practice time then stop accepting the damn bowl bid

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT