ADVERTISEMENT

Vote A'ja Wilson Naismith POTY

You can vote once per day until March 31...The winner will be announced on 4/1...Hopefully all Gamecocks appreciate what she has done for us enough to vote for an award she surely deserves

Love me some A'ja!! But Kelsey Plum is player of the year, hands down.

Dude please..Kelsey Plum is a volume shooter on a team that won NOTHING...If A'ja took 30 shots per game she would average 40 pts per game..Wilson does it on both ends of the floor in every phase of the game...Plum is a defensive liability

Kelsey will prolly win the Wooden because ESPN loves volume shooters and gaudy stats..Butr it seems to me the POTY should be good enough to lead a team to win something...

Reactions: chick75 and IrmoRed
Dude please..Kelsey Plum is a volume shooter on a team that won NOTHING...If A'ja took 30 shots per game she would average 40 pts per game..Wilson does it on both ends of the floor in every phase of the game...Plum is a defensive liability

Kelsey will prolly win the Wooden because ESPN loves volume shooters and gaudy stats..Butr it seems to me the POTY should be good enough to lead a team to win something...

Wow! Show a little love for some one else and bam!! Of course Kelsey Plum is a " volume shooter" (although at 20shots a game she is not the ball hog or mad gunner you imply) she is surrounded by ....... well not much. She is shooting 54% from the field, 44% from 3pt, and 89% from the line. She ain't just just hoisting crappy shots to pad her stats. She is averaging 5 reb, 5 assists a game, and 2 steals a game. She isn't a liability on D. Not bad for a 5'8" guard. With your reasoning I now understand why you voted Malik Monk over Sindarious for POTY in SEC (relax just kidding) Oh did I mention she set the CAREER SCORING RECORD FOR NCAA WOMEN. A'ja POTY in SEC, 1st team AA but there is a whole big world out there, explore it.

Last edited:
Wow! Show a little love for some one else and bam!! Of course Kelsey Plum is a " volume shooter" (although at 20shots a game she is not the ball hog or mad gunner you imply) she is surrounded by ....... well not much. She is shooting 54% from the field, 44% from 3pt, and 89% from the line. She ain't just just hoisting crappy shots to pad her stats. She is averaging 5 reb, 5 assists a game, and 2 steals a game. She isn't a liability on D. Not bad for a 5'8" guard. With your reasoning I now understand why you voted Malik Monk over Sindarious for POTY in SEC (relax just kidding) Oh did I mention she set the CAREER SCORING RECORD FOR NCAA WOMEN. A'ja POTY in SEC, 1st team AA but there is a whole big world out there, explore it.

Everyone knows she is a great player...But the notion she is a player than A'ja, the young ladies from UCONN or Lindsay Allen at Notre Dame is just laughable...We'll see how she does vs Vic Schaefer's Miss St defense Friday night

Everyone knows she is a great player...But the notion she is a player than A'ja, the young ladies from UCONN or Lindsay Allen at Notre Dame is just laughable...We'll see how she does vs Vic Schaefer's Miss St defense Friday night

You act like she has played nobodies. In her 12 games against power 5 NCAA Tourney teams(ASUx2, UCLAx2, Ore x2, Cal,Stanford, ND, Mizzou, Okla, Ore St) her scoring avg went UP 3 pts to 34.6 4 reb and 3 assists.

Don't get me wrong I love A'ja, she will be in the college BBALL hall of fame, first pick in WNBA, play on multiple gold medal Olympic teams. Hopefully lead us to two national championships. But in women's college basketball THIS season Plum is the woman, she has carried a moderately talented team on her back to a 29-6 record and to the sweet sixteen. Without her they are maybe a .500 team. Without A'ja this year we would have still been a preseason top 15 team.

Reactions: IrmoRed
You act like she has played nobodies. In her 12 games against power 5 NCAA Tourney teams(ASUx2, UCLAx2, Ore x2, Cal,Stanford, ND, Mizzou, Okla, Ore St) her scoring avg went UP 3 pts to 34.6 4 reb and 3 assists.

Don't get me wrong I love A'ja, she will be in the college BBALL hall of fame, first pick in WNBA, play on multiple gold medal Olympic teams. Hopefully lead us to two national championships. But in women's college basketball THIS season Plum is the woman, she has carried a moderately talented team on her back to a 29-6 record and to the sweet sixteen. Without her they are maybe a .500 team. Without A'ja this year we would have still been a preseason top 15 team.
Dude please...Chantel Osahor is a baller(all 300lbs of her)...Romeo is one of the best spot up shooters in the nation..Their freshman guard McDonald is a serious talent that lights up when they need her most..Kelsey is over rated because she jacks up 30 shots a game..Don't give me this game stat nonsense about 20 shots'''Any competent fan knows many of her shot attempts are erased when she is bailed out by foul calls(many of which appear to be bogus)..Plum shoots as many free throws as A'ja takes shots from the floor..Plum does not impact the game on the defensive end...Miss St will work her on both ends...The Huskies are a really good team..They made the final 4 last season..Kelsey Plum is terrific and fun to watch...But best player in the nation please...All the records she is setting will be broken next season by Kelsi Mitchell at Ohio St..Why is no one voting Kelsi Mitchell for POTY? Personally i think it's a sad day for the sport when jacking up tons of shots each game makes you POTY...Kelsey Plum wasn't good enough to lead her team to a conference title or conf tournament win...But somehow she is POTY? Come on man:mad:

LAST DAY to vote for the true best player in WBB...We all know the media will vote for that ball hogging volume shooter that's never won anything at Washington...Not even 1 conference title in 4 years..But she must be great because she jacks up 30 shots and scores a bunch of points...Curious thing is as we watch the final four this weekend all the volume shooters will be home watching on tv as well...Kelsey Plum, Kelsi Mitchell, Diamond DeShields and all the rest..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT