ADVERTISEMENT

Vs uga

bucketdad

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2009
It's been an absolute pleasure watching Hall pitch tonight. Guy just keeps getting better and better.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Kingston was probably yelling from the dugout!! Don’t throw it!!! I honestly think he is trying to get fired, hell my 12 year old Dog could do a better job!! No way they can be this bad unless it was on purpose!!
Late in a one run game last night with a runner at first and no outs, he has Braswell swinging away. Now he did manage to move the runner but not before being real close to hitting in to a double play. To me, that's just bad baseball. And it's one reason why we are so inconsistant... taking smallball off the table.
On the other hand, if these guys dont bunt simply because they cant, they are not seeing the ball well. And if they are not seeing the ball well enough to bunt, they are not seeing the ball well enough to be good hitters. I've always thought you work on bunts to improve your sight if for nothing else. Hard to believe these guys do. Our preparation sucks as does the brand of baseball we play.

Last edited:
I dont think it is a coaching problem as much as it is a tallent problem and pitching injuries. This team is doing the best they can with less over all tallent than ray had. We dont have a shut down setup guy and dam sure dont have a shut down closer. We dont have quite enough tallent to be a consistant top 10 or top 5 team like under ray.

I dont think it is a coaching problem as much as it is a tallent problem and pitching injuries. This team is doing the best they can with less over all tallent than ray had. We dont have a shut down setup guy and dam sure dont have a shut down closer. We dont have quite enough tallent to be a consistant top 10 or top 5 team like under ray.
I concur. However it's his job to get those players. If he can't, time to move on.
Other teams are having same type injury problems, they recruited talent to fill the gaps.
Kingston will get his chance to overcome the injury situation. Time will tell, I'm cautiously optimistic 😏.

We should have hired Landon Powell from North Greenville, 5 years ago! All-American Catcher at Carolina for Tanner, MLB Player,
Very Qualified. Funny How former USC Players are unworthy Candidates for Jobs at Carolina.
1) 5 Years of Muschamp, 4th choice, Millions of $ down the drain, FB Program in worse shape, and 5 wasted years.
2) Paris 4th or 5th choice, BJ McKie, the Highest Scorer, Local, Professional, His son played here, He should be the guy!
3) Landon Powell.
If you are a Carolina Grad, forget about Coaching at your Alma mater.
SAD!!! SAD!!! SAD!!!
Andy, FCA Ambassador
That is my Story and I am Sticking to it!!!!!!

Nice bounce back. But still frustrating with no identity.
Hoping for a series win. Keep chugging along and it might come together before it’s over.
It is “almost” too late. This team would have to make a comeback of Biblical proportions, I hope they do, but I see no promise in that. Oh well, “maybe next year”.

It is “almost” too late. This team would have to make a comeback of Biblical proportions, I hope they do, but I see no promise in that. Oh well, “maybe next year”.
Given the success we've had in the past, there's a problem when the fanbase has to hope to finish middle of the pack but sadly i guess that is where we are at.

I cant think of a single top tier team that given the choice would choose to play the game the way we want to. IMO Kingston's system is on an island by itself and he seems to think he's the one guy that can make his system work. Its mind blowing. Kinda reminds me of one of those football coaches that wont kick field goals. Sure they may win some games, maybe finish middle of the pack, but when was the last time we saw a team like that win a championship? Forget about it. It ain't in the cards and wont ever be. Ray needs to wake up to it.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Given the success we've had in the past, there's a problem when the fanbase has to hope to finish middle of the pack but sadly i guess that is where we are at.

I cant think of a single top tier team that given the choice would choose to play the game the way we want to. IMO Kingston's system is on an island by itself and he seems to think he's the one guy that can make his system work. Its mind blowing. Kinda reminds me of one of those football coaches that wont kick field goals. Sure they may win some games, maybe finish middle of the pack, but when was the last time we saw a team like that win a championship? Forget about it. It ain't in the cards and wont ever be. Ray needs to wake up to it.
Not saying you’re right or wrong, but ray probably knows a little something about it and a lot more than me, that goes for not hiring landon powell, a player he coached! You have to trust in your staff to make the right decisions and the head of all our teams combined Right or wrong is ray tanner!

Reactions: bucketdad
Not saying you’re right or wrong, but ray probably knows a little something about it and a lot more than me, that goes for not hiring landon powell, a player he coached! You have to trust in your staff to make the right decisions and the head of all our teams combined Right or wrong is ray tanner!
I personally think Ray is “Fat and Happy” wants to win, but He no longer feels he has to bust his ass. He has two championships is okay with whatever happens to this team. That OF COURSE is my opinion

Last edited:
For the record, I'd prefer to be wrong. Just calling it the way I see it.
I can kinda see how Tanner may have been gun shy on hiring a former player after the failure of hiring a former assistant. I'd like to think we are far enough removed from that now tho.

Kingston better hope his hitting philosophy works today. Probably need minimum 8 runs to win today. Hopefully we get some pitching today, no walks!

I will not be able to watch much of todays game but I’d bet the tater announcer will mention tater baseball 10 times during this broadcast. He already has 4 times and still 1st inning. What a tool.

I will not be able to watch much of todays game but I’d bet the tater announcer will mention tater baseball 10 times during this broadcast. He already has 4 times and still 1st inning. What a tool.
I just listen to it online. That way I can listen to our guys. Plus if you listen to them a lot, you'll see just how bad we are. They say when we make dumb mistakes, etc...

Losing 0-8 in the 3rd and they just missed a grand slam.
Kingston is a dumbass. I got to go enjoy my Sunday. I could write a paper just on the things he has done wrong this weekend alone.

We wont sac bunt in a one run game but we'll attempt it (unsuccessfully) down by 8. Kingston ball.

Reactions: TAV31
Got a chance to do some damage here in the bottom of the 5th.

We should have hired Landon Powell from North Greenville, 5 years ago! All-American Catcher at Carolina for Tanner, MLB Player,
Very Qualified. Funny How former USC Players are unworthy Candidates for Jobs at Carolina.
1) 5 Years of Muschamp, 4th choice, Millions of $ down the drain, FB Program in worse shape, and 5 wasted years.
2) Paris 4th or 5th choice, BJ McKie, the Highest Scorer, Local, Professional, His son played here, He should be the guy!
3) Landon Powell.
If you are a Carolina Grad, forget about Coaching at your Alma mater.
SAD!!! SAD!!! SAD!!!
Andy, FCA Ambassador
That is my Story and I am Sticking to it!!!!!!
we are stupid, stupid and mo stupid....Frank Martin and Chad Holbrook are better choices than who we have....I hope Lamont and Kingston make a liar out of me...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT