ADVERTISEMENT

Wake vs Clemson - thoughts and reactions?

DrMickey

Sep 19, 2010
I’m actually kind of intrigued by this game. And I had NO idea that Clemson still has a shot at winning the division. What are your thoughts pre-game? Or reactions during the game?

I have watched a couple of Wake games this year, and they are fun to watch. Very entertaining. I can’t believe they blew the lead against UNC (which, I just found out didn’t even count in the ACC standings). And Clemson’s offense has been awful until very recently.

I’m afraid Clemson’s D will be the difference. But I would love to see Wake race them up and down the field.

I’m actually kind of intrigued by this game. And I had NO idea that Clemson still has a shot at winning the division. What are your thoughts pre-game? Or reactions during the game?

I have watched a couple of Wake games this year, and they are fun to watch. Very entertaining. I can’t believe they blew the lead against UNC (which, I just found out didn’t even count in the ACC standings). And Clemson’s offense has been awful until very recently.

I’m afraid Clemson’s D will be the difference. But I would love to see Wake race them up and down the field.
No one has been able to stop Wakes offense. Clemson has struggled to score against almost everyone.

The injury bug has constantly bit the tigers this year, and now Ross has come victim of the bug which i hate for the kid especially after he battled everything just to get back . But I'm not sure they can score enough beat Wake. But its in clemson and I wouldnt bet against anything crazy happening either. That horseshoe is still hanging around up there somewhere

I think it comes down to whether Clemson can run the ball. Wakes run defense is not that great. If Clemson can chew clock and keep Wakes offense on the sideline then Clemson will win. Clawson is a really good coach. It wouldn’t surprise me if Virginia Tech tries to hire him away.

Load the box make DJ beat you throwing. That's the formula to beat Clemson. But just like the rest of their horseshoe games, wake will fail to score from the 4 yard line at the end

Reactions: tngamecock#
WF has been giving up 38 a game in their last 6, and that includes the 7 they have to Duke. They can’t stop anybody.

The fact that Clemson is considered an even match with Wake and is sitting on several losses (with two of them not exactly against world beaters) shows me two things: Dabo is not Nick Saban and Clemson is not Alabama.

Reactions: TAV31 and DarkCock
The injury bug has constantly bit the tigers this year, and now Ross has come victim of the bug which i hate for the kid especially after he battled everything just to get back . But I'm not sure they can score enough beat Wake. But its in clemson and I wouldnt bet against anything crazy happening either. That horseshoe is still hanging around up there somewhere
True, the taters usually blow thru the ASHESHE by playing 2nd & 3rd strings getting valuable playing time and allowing them to rest their starters and avoid injuries. Not this year Cocks will beat their Arse this year

I love the Wake Forest campus. I was admitted there for college but decided to go elsewhere. I have always regretted that decision.
It is a beautiful campus and Winston Salem is a cool town.
My oldest son was offered a full scholarship there but chose the University of Maryland instead. It was his decision but I could have cried lol.

My question is who will the ACC refs protect in this game? Usually, it’s a no brainer, especially being played in Hooterville, but WF has a better record and higher ranking which puts them in line for a better bowl with a larger payout for the conference.

Reactions: Bwellbaseball
Honestly, it feels like DJU gives WAKE a chance at this one. If Clemson just played the backup quarterback and ran the ball 50 times, they would win handily. But I guess they need to give DJU some throwing reps to prepare him for next season.

Reactions: Cockopotamus
My question is who will the ACC refs protect in this game? Usually, it’s a no brainer, especially being played in Hooterville, but WF has a better record and higher ranking which puts them in line for a better bowl with a larger payout for the conference.
That no call pass interference seems to give an early indication unfortunately.

We need to throw to the TE over the middle early and often. It’s there when they blitz like that!

Wake doesn’t score this drive and they may not. Certainly don’t think they get more than 14 at this point

I know the officials are the theme of discontent around here. But dang, that Clemson D line is eating up Wake today. It could get ugly. And I’m afraid this could be a preview of next week. Sigh.

Wake has 2 yards of offense thus far, and they have an explosive offense this year. Doesn’t look good if tater d plays like this next week.

Reactions: DrMickey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT