ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Jacksonville State vs Chadwell (Liberty) and Coastal

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
Jax State is 7-2. They lost 31-14 to Liberty (coached by Chadwell in year 1) and Coastal (built by Chadwell). Our roster is more talented, by far, than both of those teams.

This game today is as close to a head to head comparison as we can get of Rays decision.

I think we will wake up in the 2nd half. But 14-14 with 6:30 in 2nd quarter isnt a good look.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Then go suck his nuts over on the Liberty board. Nobody here gives a shit about Caldwell or Liberty.

Yeah I dont either, hes NEVER gonna coach here, but the glaring and obvious disaster of Rays decision making is gonna turn us into freakin Vanderbilt. Unfortunately for us, seeing the aftermath of each of the coaches we considered makes it so clear. We need to act immediately to fix it, like treating an aggressive disease. Ray has to be fired, this year, then the next AD hopefully makes the right hires once the inevitable happens, because we are going 5-7 next year at best.

But then again maybe I should just drop it, accept 5-7 seasons in football and buy lots of womens basketball gear to find my joy

Reactions: cockn'fyr
But then again maybe I should just drop it, accept 5-7 seasons in football and buy lots of womens basketball gear to find my joy

Liberty fanbase is still accepting applications. If you care so much about nut hugging some coach that you shit on our team every chance you get, you are a fan of that coach, not Carolina.

Jax State is 7-2. They lost 31-14 to Liberty (coached by Chadwell in year 1) and Coastal (built by Chadwell). Our roster is more talented, by far, than both of those teams.

This game today is as close to a head to head comparison as we can get of Rays decision.

I think we will wake up in the 2nd half. But 14-14 with 6:30 in 2nd quarter isnt a good look.

I think this is a poor comparison. Comparing scores is never a good idea for an actual sports fan. Millions of holes.

The most obvious difference that comes to mind is the fact that South Carolina is the biggest game on Jacksonville's schedule. This is the game they were looking at and had circled.

and far as long as I remember South Carolina games going back to the late 1970s, South Carolina has made a boatload of "should easily beat those folks" look like conference title contenders when we play them.

Some decent South Carolina teams over the years would have lost today. Do you remember a team named Navy?

I'm not overselling the win. We have some real issues on this team, especially on a lousy defense. But I think anyone older than 10 knows comparing scores is a silly way to compare teams.

That does seem to be the recommendation of Beamer fans. Settle for less....settle for less.

Reactions: 92Pony
Yeah I dont either, hes NEVER gonna coach here, but the glaring and obvious disaster of Rays decision making is gonna turn us into freakin Vanderbilt. Unfortunately for us, seeing the aftermath of each of the coaches we considered makes it so clear. We need to act immediately to fix it, like treating an aggressive disease. Ray has to be fired, this year, then the next AD hopefully makes the right hires once the inevitable happens, because we are going 5-7 next year at best.
Well, Vanderbilt without the academic excellence.

Like I said, "Settle" is our new war cry.

Speaks VOLUMES about our program.

I watched part of their game today. They do like a very well coached team.

I think that coach will make some bigger program happy in a year or two.

Learn to settle, learn to settle.

I can hear the chant now. Maybe we replace sandstorm.

Are you all sure it was Tanner's decision? After the Muschamp screw up and his uninspiring baseball hires, I've been led to believe that a faction within the BOT took that decision out of Tanner's hands. But, I might have been led astray.

Are you all sure it was Tanner's decision? After the Muschamp screw up and his uninspiring baseball hires, I've been led to believe that a faction within the BOT took that decision out of Tanner's hands. But, I might have been led astray.

To be honest, I've heard various conflicting accounts from different people "in the know".

When that happens, I don't put too much stock in any one scenario.

Liberty fanbase is still accepting applications. If you care so much about nut hugging some coach that you shit on our team every chance you get, you are a fan of that coach, not Carolina.
You clearly dont get my point. This is an example, thats all. Ray Tanner and his decision making has wrecked the program. The longer this goes the worse we will be long term. You ever want the Spurrier type 11 win seasons back??? I do. And the way it’s going we are gonna be a 5-6 win team every year.

Reactions: Lurker123
That does seem to be the recommendation of Beamer fans. Settle for less....settle for less.
Yep. But Im just not into womens basketball. Or baseball nostalgia. I want us to be a 10 win football program. Some say we are in a small market state so it isn’t possible but Spurrier showed it is, and just being honest so did clemson.

Im not expecting us to be Bama or Ohio State. But can we be Auburn? Wisconsin? Utah? Theres no excuse.

And the longer we put our heads in the sand and accept Ray and his hires, the worse it will get.

If it wasnt then he is allowing countless people outside of the athletic department to lead HIS decisions. That would make it even worse. I know donors and “powerful” people have influence but we arent the U of Texas or Notre Dame, they cannot have THAT much power like they do at Texas, to actually allow them to pick the coaches.

Very true. NIL is important. I won't dispute that. That being said, in the past 40 years, our best seasons were under Morrison and Spurrier. Neither one of them were strong recruiters. We were not in the SEC under Morrison. As I recall, Morrison had just one highly ranked recruiting class (Todd Ellis class). In his 6 seasons here, he produced a team finishing number 11 and another that finished number 15 in the nation. Under Spurrier, we tended to recruit around the middle of the pack in the SEC. Yet Spurrier produced 3 Top 10 teams including one that finished 4th in the nation. Morrison's and Spurrier's strength was not recruiting. It was the other major part of the job.....coaching.

Drinkwitz and Kiffen have been at Missouri and Ole Miss since 2020. Drinkwitz recruiting classes have ranked, within the SEC, 14th, 7th, 5th and 13th. Kiffen's classes have ranked 7th, 6th, 14th and 12th within the conference. Those are not the kind of classes that should produce two nationally-ranked Top 15 teams, that Ole Miss and Missouri currently are.

I hope that a gazillion dollars are raised for our NIL. However, I would not hold my breath on us being a huge NIL program. It would be nice, but................... What success we have had in the past 40 years is not because we were a recruiting powerhouse. And the success that Ole Miss has had in the past few years and that Missouri has had this year is not due to them being recruiting powerhouses either.

I hope that Shane Beamer can make us nationally relevant. I'm pulling for him.

Yep. But Im just not into womens basketball. Or baseball nostalgia. I want us to be a 10 win football program. Some say we are in a small market state so it isn’t possible but Spurrier showed it is, and just being honest so did clemson.

Im not expecting us to be Bama or Ohio State. But can we be Auburn? Wisconsin? Utah? Theres no excuse.

And the longer we put our heads in the sand and accept Ray and his hires, the worse it will get.
How about if we could just be Ole Miss good or Missouri good? I'd be satisfied with that.

I understand your feelings about the current state of the football program. But nothing is going to happen for a couple of years at least. So I don't even think about that for one minute. It's pointless. I'd be making myself miserable thinking about that. Even a total collapse the rest of this season and next would not move things, in my opinion.

Beamer did overachieve in his first 2 seasons. I'm hoping that this season is an aberration. Time will tell. In the meantime, I'm pulling hard for him and the team.

So our shit coaching staff is underperforming even with the sec(we are not in the top 10 in the league) Nil let alone losing to other teams(unc, Missouri) with less Nil and a stupid fvck on here's only solution is us to give more money to two dip shits (tittle 9 Tanner & and Beam'n coke). GFY you dimwit.

How about if we could just be Ole Miss good or Missouri good? I'd be satisfied with that.

I understand your feelings about the current state of the football program. But nothing is going to happen for a couple of years at least. So I don't even think about that for one minute. It's pointless. I'd be making myself miserable thinking about that. Even a total collapse the rest of this season and next would not move things, in my opinion.

Beamer did overachieve in his first 2 seasons. I'm hoping that this season is an aberration. Time will tell. In the meantime, I'm pulling hard for him and the team.

Oh Id take Ole Miss or Missouri good for sure. Both are better football programs than we are.

I don’t disagree that nothing will happen or change for a couple years but thats the frustrating part. Ray is a baseball guy in a baseball mindset: Just flip your rally cap and hope for the best, we got plenty of time fellas we will get there one day!!

Its almost like half our fanbase wont see the reality until we get late 90s bad again. And honestly we are 1 Oklahoma transfer QB away from that.

Missouri is a very attainable goal, imo. I wish we had Kiffen, or someone like him. Aggressive, offensive minded. He may move up soon, but I'd be okay with a guy moving up if it meant he was successful here.

No one is looking to steal Beamer from us.

Reactions: 92Pony
Missouri is a very attainable goal, imo. I wish we had Kiffen, or someone like him. Aggressive, offensive minded. He may move up soon, but I'd be okay with a guy moving up if it meant he was successful here.

No one is looking to steal Beamer from us.
Nope and ole Ray emptied the bank for an extension just like he did for Muschamp. Missouri and Ole Miss success is very attainable here, but not under Ray Tanner. Until he is out, we will be a .500ish program. He truly believes in spreading attention and resources to every sport. He doesnt think football is supposed to be the #1 by far top priority

Obviously Ray has to go first. But dangit!! I think he's going to be here for forever!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT