ADVERTISEMENT

Watching some of UCF/Memphis game...

importcock

Aug 28, 2007
Man I wish we had an offense like UCF. If our offense performed like that with the defense we have, we'd very likely be playing for a shot at the playoffs.

Apples and oranges. We need playoff-level personnel.
Not sure I understand your response. In a little over three quarters UCF had over 600 yards and 45 points. Don't know why those numbers wouldn't work for us regardless of the personnel.

Reactions: drawplay000
Not sure I understand your response. In a little over three quarters UCF had over 600 yards and 45 points. Don't know why those numbers wouldn't work for us regardless of the personnel.
Let me try it another way - what UCF is doing to Memphis, they would not be likely to do to Auburn, Alabama, or UPC. Now if a team running that system has athletes of that caliber, then we can reset he discussion.

Let me try it another way - what UCF is doing to Memphis, they would not be likely to do to Auburn, Alabama, or UPC. Now if a team running that system has athletes of that caliber, then we can reset he discussion.
I guess maybe I could have been more specific. I meant that I wish we had that type of production against the teams on our schedule. Also, I'd really like to see UCF play some of our competition. If we played them I'm pretty sure they would give us all we want or more.

I guess maybe I could have been more specific. I meant that I wish we had that type of production against the teams on our schedule. Also, I'd really like to see UCF play some of our competition. If we played them I'm pretty sure they would give us all we want or more.
They had a pretty good team the last time we played them - down there, with Bortles at QB, and we beat them, the only ones to do so that season. They beat Oklahoma I believe in their bowl game. But they had an exceptional team and surprised some people. I'm just saying you can't watch two teams like UCF and Memphis play each other and project what they would do against Power-Five competition week in and week out.

Memphis has 734 total yards of offense! Do they even practice tackling at UCF?

UCF would beat us rather handily this year. Almost beat our best team ever a couple of years ago. They did beat a highly ranked Baylor team and the finished the season in the top five. They will play some highly ranked team on New Year''s Day (Bama, Penn State, Ohio State, etc) and you can bet they will score some points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT