ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting for 2018

BedouinCock

Jan 4, 2008
I know Dawn has signed two outstanding young ladies to play next year. Does anyone have a word about other possible signees for 2018 or maybe Jr. college transfers to get a tall post player? Love those Lady Gamecocks!!

No word yet... But info will begin to flow after tonights championship game

Hedley Lamarr: I want you to round up every 6'5" or taller player in the west. Scour the high schools, JUCOs, transfers, graduate transfers, overseas players, anyone with Eligibility.Take this down.

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

Anriel Howard is leaving Texas A&M. She will be a graduate student and looking for a power five school to compete for a championship. She is from Atlanta. She avg. 12 points and 12 rebounds a game. She is bout 6'0 but a tremendous rebounder. She would be a great get for Dawn. She may not replace A'ja scoring but she avg just as many rebounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: danh011
Anriel Howard is leaving Texas A&M. She will be a graduate student and looking for a power five school to compete for a championship. She is from Atlanta. She avg. 12 points and 12 rebounds a game. She is bout 6'0 but a tremendous rebounder. She would be a great get for Dawn. She may not replace A'ja scoring but she avg just as many rebounds.
Howard inch for inch the best rebounder in the SEC maybe the country, just relentless.

Are you sure about this? I found nothing when I googled. Also she has just completed her junior year eligibility wise, don't know her academic standing. Did not know she was on a he track team and a 41' triple jumper.

I have been hearing for weeks the BCM is coming back... Don't see why Jennings would leave . She won't be drafted
Jennings would be better served if she returned and improved her game and her ability to be drafted at a higher level. Hope she does.

Jennings would be better served if she returned and improved her game and her ability to be drafted at a higher level. Hope she does.

She could choose to play overseas or she could choose to take her degree and join the workforce. I expect her to be back, but there are no guarantees.

Howard would be a huge "get".... Georgia would probably go after her as well. That would be a nice experienced compliment to Harrigan and Jennings because I could see Howard playing the 4 or the 5.
Will be interesting in the next week or so to see what Jennings and Cuevas do. Neither projects for WNBA but both could make good money overseas... if they have their degrees at the end of this semester or summer, it would make sense to go, but I hope they don't. The whole Cuevas situation just seems fishy between her suspension before the season started... then not appearing on the bench for much of the postseason. We could have a nice deep guard rotation if she is back, but I just have a feeling she is done. I'm guessing we'll know soon!

Reactions: DarkCock
Howard would be a huge "get".... Georgia would probably go after her as well. That would be a nice experienced compliment to Harrigan and Jennings because I could see Howard playing the 4 or the 5.
Will be interesting in the next week or so to see what Jennings and Cuevas do. Neither projects for WNBA but both could make good money overseas... if they have their degrees at the end of this semester or summer, it would make sense to go, but I hope they don't. The whole Cuevas situation just seems fishy between her suspension before the season started... then not appearing on the bench for much of the postseason. We could have a nice deep guard rotation if she is back, but I just have a feeling she is done. I'm guessing we'll know soon!
Cuevas is telling everyone that will listen she is coming back.. I don't know about Jennings.. Alexis should come back... She can help herself more than anyone else by playing another year.. She lacks the pedigree for an overseas contract.. Its not like the mens game.. The best female players get the overseas contract's because the WNBA does not pay well

Cuevas is telling everyone that will listen she is coming back.. I don't know about Jennings.. Alexis should come back... She can help herself more than anyone else by playing another year.. She lacks the pedigree for an overseas contract.. Its not like the mens game.. The best female players get the overseas contract's because the WNBA does not pay well
I agree, I think Jennings needs to show that she's more than just a two-foot shooter and prove that she can run the floor a little and show off the mid-range when possible. Have to be able to do that at the next level.

Any chance USC gets Howard? I like the way she plays...eyelashes and all. :)

I hope it all goes down the way you say. Our season next year rather depends on it.

At 5'11 Howard can in no way play the 5 and there will be some 4's that will just be too big for her. That said she will be a great addition wherever she goes.
Her transfer surprises me as I think Gary Blair is a great coach, he has title, and the team has a lot of talent.

I agree, I think Jennings needs to show that she's more than just a two-foot shooter and prove that she can run the floor a little and show off the mid-range when possible. Have to be able to do that at the next level.

Any chance USC gets Howard? I like the way she plays...eyelashes and all. :)
I don't know about this Howard thing... She is from Georgia... So I am certain the Gamecock and Dawgs will give her a hollah.... I suspect she wants to get away from Chennedy Carter.. What player of her calibre wants to play with someone selfish enough to take 30 shots per game.. Howard is an all around baller that wants to do more than rebound Carter's missed shots

Gary Blair has given her permission to look around in hopes she will decide to stay.. He says she is unhappy about some things... Obviously he does not specify...

That really puts a hurting on TAMU. Losing her and Hillsman makes them a total perimeter team with Chennedy Carter and Danni Williams.
Carter is a ball hog; kind of like Epps was for Kentucky. Why play on a team with a player who doesn't allow anyone else to play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT