ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: USC/Auburn

All that was after we switched from the zone to man to man. We had a 12-0 run when we were in the zone. I have no clue why we switched

To drive them off the 3 point line in the final minutes. I have no problem with the decision. It worked; we won.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Alexis Jennings is an unappreciated player on this team. I was a little down on her myself earlier in the year. But we were TURRIBLE when she wasn't in the game last night.

AJ works really hard in the low post. She demands a double-team against almost everyone we face.

I've listened to all the post-game interviews this season and she's our most well-spoken player. She's has a very feminine voice. A surprising contrast to the way she plays.
I thought Harrigan's offense saved them in the last quarter.

I thought Harrigan's offense saved them in the last quarter.

Yes, you're right. HH is an outstanding half-court offensive player. Unfortunately, she's a bad rebounder for her size. Playing Cliney with HH seems to work well because Cliney can pick up the slack (8 rebounds last night). Jackson isn't bad either, for her size, in that department.

Of course, that means less playing time for our plethora of point guards. Henderson and BCM were on the bench down the stretch last night and of course Cooper was out with an injury.

Reactions: gamecockblack
That doesn't seem to be our style of ball.
5 mins into my very first practice playing organized basketball in the 6th grade city league the coach yelled at me asking if I knew how to set a pick. I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he showed me what to do and I was thinking "well that is cool, I didn't know I could do that." So spent most of that practice doing that and it was pretty easy to pick up. It's elementary basketball. Every player should be able to set good screens. It's not difficult. Even if it's not our "style" to use them, then if we are having trouble getting players open with our usual "style" we should able to make the adjustment and set some screens to help us rid ourselves of pesky defenders that we will run into some times like Taylor Murray and the Auburn guards.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT