ADVERTISEMENT

We are going to be 0-3 to start SEC play

0-1 after tonight. We are at Vandy on Saturday who just won at Arkansas. That will make us 0-2. Then the following Saturday at Tennessee we will be 0-3. It's Franks fault, but our fans have lost interest in our mens basketball team. The coliseum was dead tonight. We don't even have much of a home court advantage anymore. I know let the season play out. I suspect we want even make the NIT. If that's the case Frank Martin needs to go. No way this team makes the NCAA tournament. I know the players love him, but he's not getting the job done.
1. you must be a blast at parties and 2. you are going to make someboday a pain in the butt ex spouse

0-1 after tonight. We are at Vandy on Saturday who just won at Arkansas. That will make us 0-2. Then the following Saturday at Tennessee we will be 0-3. It's Franks fault, but our fans have lost interest in our mens basketball team. The coliseum was dead tonight. We don't even have much of a home court advantage anymore. I know let the season play out. I suspect we want even make the NIT. If that's the case Frank Martin needs to go. No way this team makes the NCAA tournament. I know the players love him, but he's not getting the job done.
A regular Nostradumbass here.

You must feel really stupid now.

Reactions: Robhawk29
I was wrong and glad that we won. Hopefully, we can keep it rolling. With the SEC being so tough this year a .500 SEC record may get us in the NCAA tourney. Because of 2 bad OOC losses we may need to be a game over .500 or win a couple SEC tourney games. Need to get the turnovers down and make free throws if we are going to beat any of the top SEC teams.

1. you must be a blast at parties and 2. you are going to make someboday a pain in the butt ex spouse
You must be a complete asshole on a daily basis. I thought we wouldn't win this game. I'm certainly very happy we won. I've been married 24 years and very happy. You are a complete jerk.

Anyone have any insight into our turnover situation? We seem to be sloppy with the ball in the half court. Less so in transition which is amazing. Those are wasted possessions.

Is it because we work so hard to get the ball into the low post for the high percentage shot and defenses collapse on us shutting down the passing lanes?

I agree that Carolina fans will support a winning program.
But we don't have a program that is considered relevant in college basketball and haven't for a sustained period for YEARS.
Yes we've had glimmers here and there, but nothing that has been sustained.
And so we need to work smarter and harder.
One way to do that is to improve the fan experience somehow, someway. Honestly I don't have the answers but Im not paid a ton of be money to have the answers.
But by now someone in the Athletic Dept should be doing something IMHO.
Yeppers. There has not been a united “us against the world” type mindset at Carolina in any sport since McGuire. We have a “coddle high rollers“ and “milk this for what we can” focus, and it comes off as an atmosphere where both fans AND players are the proletariat. I’ve experienced both mindsets firsthand. I hate to say this, but see Clemson; they have it figured out, and not just recently. I agree there are actions and mindsets that would require some creativity to do what you suggest and be effective, but it would also require a “give a damn” approach by the athletic department and administration. Success at the McGuire level would certainly help that, but regardless of the saber rattling in forums like this, there is too much external activity particularly in basketball to rely on winning big alone.

As it is, I love Carolina sports regardless. I’m excited to see how this team fares out the rest of the season.

Are you serious?? One win and Frank doubters need to “eat crow”?? You are serious aren’t you??
Yes, I'm serious. It pisses me off when people constantly decide the fate of this team before they even play. I see it every season in every sport.

If at the end of the season the team hasn't met expectations, let the chips fall where they may. But to decide ahead of time is ridiculous.

Yeppers. There has not been a united “us against the world” type mindset at Carolina in any sport since McGuire. We have a “coddle high rollers“ and “milk this for what we can” focus, and it comes off as an atmosphere where both fans AND players are the proletariat. I’ve experienced both mindsets firsthand. I hate to say this, but see Clemson; they have it figured out, and not just recently. I agree there are actions and mindsets that would require some creativity to do what you suggest and be effective, but it would also require a “give a damn” approach by the athletic department and administration. Success at the McGuire level would certainly help that, but regardless of the saber rattling in forums like this, there is too much external activity particularly in basketball to rely on winning big alone.

As it is, I love Carolina sports regardless. I’m excited to see how this team fares out the rest of the season.
There has to be a better way to be winners other than the united “us against the world” type mindset. Maybe like WBB?

There has to be a better way to be winners other than the united “us against the world” type mindset. Maybe like WBB?
Sure there is, in regard to WBB. Recruit and sign players at a relative level higher than McGuire did. Did that ever happen before? Think that’s going to happen now? In the meantime….

Sure there is, in regard to WBB. Recruit and sign players at a relative level higher than McGuire did. Did that ever happen before? Think that’s going to happen now? In the meantime….
That's what I've been posting for years - leaving the ACC did serious damage to hoops recruiting.

Folks with historical knowledge know that Roche and Owens were probably the two best recruits MBB has ever signed. And our being in the ACC was a major reason why they came to USC.

The nature of recruiting and competition has changed. The ACC we left know longer exists with the watering down due to league expansion by the poaching of the Metro and Big East conferences.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Well, nobody is scared by SEC teams. All beatable. Some shine at times, then look bad the next game, like TN yesterday. The B10 looks pretty good, the B12 looks good for the top third, the ACC is weak, don’t know about the PAC12. You never know. Come ready to play and you got a chance every time out.

Yes, I'm serious. It pisses me off when people constantly decide the fate of this team before they even play. I see it every season in every sport.

If at the end of the season the team hasn't met expectations, let the chips fall where they may. But to decide ahead of time is ridiculous.
Well IMHO I think Frank should not have even been given this year, he should have been fired last year. So to start “toooting” his horn, he needs to get to the dance. I agree that someone’s 0-3 prediction was premature, I wouldn’t berate someone else’s projection!!!

Im TIRED of hearing that the CLA has a poor home advantage. I hear it year after year.
Yes winning will change that BUT winning is proving to be a BIG challenge and has been since the McGuire era.

So it's time for the Athletic Dept to figure someway to promote a mediocre program.
There isn't THAT much going on in Cola in winter for the most part.
It shouldn't be an impossible task, year after year
As Yogi Berra famously said, "if people don't want to come, how you gonna stop 'em?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT