ADVERTISEMENT

We better Curb stomp UNC

And Arkansas was a much better team in 2017 than UNC has been in 2 years. UNC is a poor example of a P5 school these days....

In the 48-22 win over Arkansas, we scored 2.2 times as many points as they did. We also scored 2.4 times as many points as Missouri in 2017 (31-13), and 2.6 times as much as Vanderbilt last season (37-14). Two P5 teams that would kick UNC's ass the last 2 seasons, and this season as well....

Ok. The experts aren't expecting a blowout either, but I'll take your word for it.

Last edited:
I just want to go on record as saying I have no idea what to expect. Am not in the 'expecting a blowout' camp.

I am just saying, on paper, we should comfortably beat a 2-10 team who has a first year HC and true frosh at QB. If we don't, it'll be a long year.

Wasn’t Unc 3-9?

Year-to-year sometimes doesn't make much difference. I am not sure our program is yet at the place where we should be expecting to "curb stomp" any other P5 team. Just win Gamecocks!

It's a HUGE statement game for our team and coach since you're only as good as your last game and in the reference we were not very good. That showing or lack there of is why we have flown completely under the radar this pre season. In sports perception is reality until you prove it wrong which is why the UNC game is so important. But if we do have a good showing don't be surprised if we don't get much credit as it will be all about Mack Brown's return anyway which is fine. Internally however we need a big win to get the momentum going early because the schedule does us no favors
We WILL get obliterated by Bama at home. Saban will not forget 2010.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT