ADVERTISEMENT

We can still finish 8-4!

Cocks1981

Dec 20, 2017
I just wanted to put that out there and keep everyone's morale up. We for sure have two more wins and Clempson is ripe for an upset. They will be overlooking us for the CFP. Our boys will be ready to best them. Imagine your biggest rival knocking you off your perfect season! You dont think that will motivate Muschamp, Bentley and the team?

After its all said and done, then we finish 8-4. No Birmingham bowl for us.

Reactions: jmblaich
Assuming you are being serious... which is a stretch... I'm going to address the Clemson game from a matchup standpoint. Their real offensive strength is their running game. Our defensive weakness is our LBs and safeties which is why we can't defend the run. Their team strength is their defense and their ability to shut down the run. Our only offensive hope is that we can run the ball to open up our passing game. We are in a matchup nightmare scenario on both sides of the ball. This will be the worst loss of the four.

Lol you can be as motivated as you want but Clemson ain't gonna happen. If we were 200% healthy we MIGHT keep it within 17-20 pts. And that's if we played absolutely perfect like we haven't seen before all year.

I just wanted to put that out there and keep everyone's morale up. We for sure have two more wins and Clempson is ripe for an upset. They will be overlooking us for the CFP. Our boys will be ready to best them. Imagine your biggest rival knocking you off your perfect season! You dont think that will motivate Muschamp, Bentley and the team?

You are probably a nice guy and a very loyal Gamecock fan so I will not insult you directly, but you might want to consider deleting this post. Perhaps you just don't understand the game.

D minus trolling.

Sometimes the line between a sunshine pumper that refuses to see the obvious and a tater is thin.

I’m not happy but I’m also not calling for a firing either. 2019 doesn’t look good. 2020 is prove it time. If we look like this in 2020 it’s time.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

The only hope we have (a nano slim one at that) is we have to outscore Clemson in a shootout.

Sometimes the line between a sunshine pumper that refuses to see the obvious and a tater is thin.

I’m not happy but I’m also not calling for a firing either. 2019 doesn’t look good. 2020 is prove it time. If we look like this in 2020 it’s time.
Unless a coach we really want becomes available in 2020. Nonsense going shopping when there's nothing on the shelves.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Muschamp has not showed up for a big game yet. Bentley has been completely shutdown vs Clemson. We have won back to back games once this year. Dabo will not sit on the ball like champ. We will get embarrassed as usual

Unless a coach we really want becomes available in 2020. Nonsense going shopping when there's nothing on the shelves.

If after 2020 season our best win is Tennessee at home vs Butch Jones then it is time for a change. Lots of football between now and then and plenty of chances to prove Muschamp is the man.

If after 2020 season our best win is Tennessee at home vs Butch Jones then it is time for a change. Lots of football between now and then and plenty of chances to prove Muschamp is the man.
I know the talking heads will howl if we fire a coach that took us to a bowl game every year and has a winning record here, but screw em. We are a program that shouldn't be 1-11 against ranked teams and can't score in the first half against our rival.

I know the talking heads will howl if we fire a coach that took us to a bowl game every year and has a winning record here, but screw em. We are a program that shouldn't be 1-11 against ranked teams and can't score in the first half against our rival.
Robert, it ain't gonna happen. Get ready to ride it out at least two more years. Maybe he can turn it, but even if not, two more years.

Robert, it ain't gonna happen. Get ready to ride it out at least two more years. Maybe he can turn it, but even if not, two more years.
No, I mean even then. As long as he has over a .500 winning record, gets us to a bowl in at least one of the next two years they will say "USC can't fire a coach that took them to bowl games every year or every year but 1 and has a winning record".

No, I mean even then. As long as he has over a .500 winning record, gets us to a bowl in at least one of the next two years they will say "USC can't fire a coach that took them to bowl games every year or every year but 1 and has a winning record".
Did you see where I said "at least"?

Apparently that was our situation after the 2015 season. The good coaches had been saved under the counter for other schools.
The So Cal job will likely be open, don't be surprised to see Ohio State become open when Urban quits again. You don't want to go coach looking when those two are in the market too.

You are probably a nice guy and a very loyal Gamecock fan so I will not insult you directly, but you might want to consider deleting this post. Perhaps you just don't understand the game.
I think you are too generous in your assessment, so I'll add on to it.
The OP is making a poor attempt at trolling. He clearly lacks the ability to use subtlety and nuance, which is why the post comes off as being composed by a drunken, illiterate hobo.

We’re set for them to run rampant on our defense. It’s our weakest and depleted positions against one of there strongest in the run game. On top of that, their defensive line will potential take away all hope of us running the ball. This will put tremendous stress on Bentley to throw the ball often. Unfortunately this philosophy doesn’t wear them down defensively and our 3 and out track record is problematic. I’ll be happy if we can at least hang around for 2 quarter.

Clemson by 50. Combined 500 yards rushing by Etienne, Feaster, Lawrence, and one of the big defensive linemen (I believe it may be Ferrell's turn against us).Nixon will be called for 2 PIs and we will have a targeting call against Brunson. Bentley will be sacked 3 times or more.
Clemson will go into the "prevent defense" at some point to keep us from running the clock out, so they can continue embarrassing us.
Dabo will not let off the gas. He is still trying to get us back for the Spurrier years.

Clemson by 50. Combined 500 yards rushing by Etienne, Feaster, Lawrence, and one of the big defensive linemen (I believe it may be Ferrell's turn against us).Nixon will be called for 2 PIs and we will have a targeting call against Brunson. Bentley will be sacked 3 times or more.
Clemson will go into the "prevent defense" at some point to keep us from running the clock out, so they can continue embarrassing us.
Dabo will not let off the gas. He is still trying to get us back for the Spurrier years.

He could have done that the last 2 years without question he held up.....goodness 2016 could have been 77 - 7 if not worse, he did do the curtain call but DIDN'T RUN UP THE SCORE. Dont let your hatred get in the way of facts.

Okay all you Sad Sack FANS!! In the words of the GREAT LOU HOLTZ.. Just tell Muschamp to not even Show up... That way Y'all can say they played them close, losing only 2-0.... That is why they kick it off... HELL YEAH South Carolina is Gonna beat Taters ASS!!! PERIOD..
giphy.gif

He could have done that the last 2 years without question he held up.....goodness 2016 could have been 77 - 7 if not worse, he did do the curtain call but DIDN'T RUN UP THE SCORE. Dont let your hatred get in the way of facts.
It all depends on how many viable candidates are in the running for the CFP when the game is played.

What are the odds that Clempson scores 50 or more? I would take the over.

I agree, I'm not a football expert. But if I dont keep out hope of winning then what is the point of watching? I think there is some chance, crazy upsets happen all the time.

Assuming you are being serious... which is a stretch... I'm going to address the Clemson game from a matchup standpoint. Their real offensive strength is their running game. Our defensive weakness is our LBs and safeties which is why we can't defend the run. Their team strength is their defense and their ability to shut down the run. Our only offensive hope is that we can run the ball to open up our passing game. We are in a matchup nightmare scenario on both sides of the ball. This will be the worst loss of the four.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Lol you can be as motivated as you want but Clemson ain't gonna happen. If we were 200% healthy we MIGHT keep it within 17-20 pts. And that's if we played absolutely perfect like we haven't seen before all year.

Be careful Robert. They will start to call you a tater too

After its all said and done, then we finish 8-4. No Birmingham bowl for us.[/QUOT

giphy.gif

Champ got a 6 yrs deal last year worth 28 million. He ain’t going anywhere regardless of the record

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT