ADVERTISEMENT

We could have won that game yesterday. How in the world would the

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
could the coaching staff not be expecting a draw or whatever that play was that the UF player took inside the 5 yard line? We had momentum on offense. Gosh, if we could have just stopped them on that one play we might all be in a much better mood today.

I'm in a fine mood. The irony is if we win that game yesterday it might solidify the argument to keep Elliot. I'm willing to take a loss to get him and the rest of the staff out of here as fast as possible. This season is done, over, finished. I'm willing to lose games to convince Ray we need to go in a different direction.

I'm in a fine mood. The irony is if we win that game yesterday it might solidify the argument to keep Elliot. I'm willing to take a loss to get him and the rest of the staff out of here as fast as possible. This season is done, over, finished. I'm willing to lose games to convince Ray we need to go in a different direction.
Your attitude is completely nuts. But on some level every Gamecock fan out there feels the same way. At the very least it has crossed our minds. We just won't say it or admit that we agree with you.

Reactions: robertfootball
Your attitude is completely nuts. But on some level every Gamecock fan out there feels the same way. At the very least it has crossed our minds. We just won't say it or admit that we agree with you.

No, I do agree. Probably best that we didn't get bowl eligible and Tanner feels the need for a clean break from this staff that has the stink all over them of the defense last year and the entire effort, save maybe STs this year.

Still, I wanted us to win.You always want to win, even when it's not in your best interest.

From where I was sitting in the stands, it looked like the coaches tried to change the play late and Florida snapped the ball while we were disorganized. I could see the linebackers screaming at each other and motioning guys to shift as the ball was being snapped. I definitely pin that on the coaches rather than the players; Florida was sitting there, ready to go, seconds from running the play, and then the coaches decided to change the call.

On TV there was alot of confusion with our LBs...I thought our LB was trying to call timeout but he was trying to get people to shift. ...but it was too late

half our kids were looking to the sideline to figure out the call. again .... our defense was unprepared for what Florida was running.

I watched the game on tv with a friend. We went from being down to having a glimmer of hope to feeling down again. When Florida picked up 60+ yards on that draw play I stood up & threw up my hands, looked over at my friend & began laughing. It was the only thing I could do besides yelling at the tv & going into depression. We have two defensive coordinators. TWO!! & yet we still don't know what we're doing most times. I'm so ready for this staff to be gone. It will be very refreshing to get some better defensive coaches around here.

Are you willing to take a loss vs Clemron?

I watched the game on tv with a friend. We went from being down to having a glimmer of hope to feeling down again. When Florida picked up 60+ yards on that draw play I stood up & threw up my hands, looked over at my friend & began laughing. It was the only thing I could do besides yelling at the tv & going into depression. We have two defensive coordinators. TWO!! & yet we still don't know what we're doing most times. I'm so ready for this staff to be gone. It will be very refreshing to get some better defensive coaches around here.

Having 2 coordinators is the problem; too many cooks spoil the broth.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecockblack

We got one coordinator! We got some other guy that mumbles a lot!

Are you willing to take a loss vs Clemron?
No, that one I want more than any game this year. A win over Clemson shouldn't get Elliot the job but you never know. Far as I'm concerned he's had plenty of time to interview for this job and hasn't impressed me in the slightest to consider changing my mind about him.

No, that one I want more than any game this year. A win over Clemson shouldn't get Elliot the job but you never know. Far as I'm concerned he's had plenty of time to interview for this job and hasn't impressed me in the slightest to consider changing my mind about him.

I do think RT needs to give SE a "courtesy interview," but mostly IMO it will be a way of giving him a recommendation for future positions elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT