ADVERTISEMENT

We could of got Leach

Dont you listen to Ray Tanner? USC is on a path of stability with Muschamp. Never doubt the leadership. Just keep sending those checks while every other team in the conference, not named Vanderbilt, tries everything they can to get better

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I’d be much more satisfied over what we are forced to put up with now lol
No you wouldn’t- you are never satisfied with any thing. All you do it bitch and cry with every post you make and you would do the same thing as soon as any new coaches loses a single game. Stop your lying.

We could still get him cheap in a couple years after they let him go. He's not going to accomplish much there. Probably a few low level bowls. well, maybe mid-tier because there's usually a West team in the National Championship. Winning the Egg Bowl won't satisfy the locals forever. It ain't like Ole Miss is clemson or something.

Last edited:
Irrelevant. The conversation is about Leach. He is a bowl-caliber coach, not a championship coach. He is a coach that can sell some tickets to an entertaining brand of offensive football. I hope that never satisfies us.
Point taken. But, with the exception of a 3 year blip with SOS, that is our brand. Bowl caliber, minus the entertainment.

No you wouldn’t- you are never satisfied with any thing. All you do it bitch and cry with every post you make and you would do the same thing as soon as any new coaches loses a single game. Stop your lying.
Depends on who that new coach was/is. If he was a proven winner I would give him more leeway, but if he’s a proven loser then he doesn’t get much leash from me. I’ll never be satisfied with 4-8 or losing to App State or being dominated by my rival. Never. I think if you’re in year 4 and make over 4 million dollars, the least you should expect is to get bowl eligible and beat a Sun Belt team at home. Sorry my expectations are so high.lol

Reactions: Carolina Cocktail
arguably if he was willing to go to Starkville, then we could have gotten him. not sure though. MSU had a pretty decent year. we were trash, so may have been a tougher sell. though playing in the east is considerably easier than the west.

in any event, i'm not terribly upset about it. never understood why, of all the coaches in the country, a small subset of gamecock fans have chosen Mike Leach to obsess about. he's a pretty good coach. entertaining.

Southern Slang... We are fine with that in the low country. o_O
I'm as low country as it gets, and I'm not fine with it. Plus, it isn't slang. Its a misunderstanding of the contraction "could've" by someone who thinks they hear "could of."

Reactions: FJRTiger
I think Leach will be a serious upgrade for Miss State and will be just what they need during what will be a 8-or-so year tenure. However, he certainly wouldn't have been my first choice for our next head coach as I hope the next guy builds us into a serious SEC contender and a regular beater of Clemson. I dont think Leach is that guy.

Having said that, I feel like we may be the absolute last fanbase in the conference that should criticize another program over their choice in a head coach. The guy Miss State fired won 50% more games than ours did this year.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Point taken. But, with the exception of a 3 year blip with SOS, that is our brand. Bowl caliber, minus the entertainment.
Point taken, but at least we tried - and did - develop a legitimate defense. We did win a divisional title on an off year for the division. If he does those two things, I'll hush.

I'm as low country as it gets, and I'm not fine with it. Plus, it isn't slang. Its a misunderstanding of the contraction "could've" by someone who thinks they hear "could of."
You must be a hoot at the local get together.

No one can know for sure what Leach could have accomplished at USC, but I think it would have been worthwhile to find out.

He doesn't have championships, but he certainly over-achieved at both Texas Tech and Washington State. More importantly, it would have made USC's program intentionally different which I think is key. Leach implements an offensive scheme that can deliver a winner even if a program doesn't have all the 4-5 star recruits. Plus, I think his personality would have been fully-embraced by the fan base and it would have drawn a lot of attention to USC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT