ADVERTISEMENT

We get another 3 star

Question is, with or without Muschamp, can USC get in the game to recruit at that level. Talent is the only thing that will take this program out of mediocrity
To get the kind of talent you are talking about, you have to be able to first "overachieve" with the current talent you have on hand. If we have a 2020 season, we will find out soon whether we have the hired hands who "can do more with less".

Skai Moore, Connor Shaw, Devin Taylor, DJ Wonnum, and many others were 3 stars that turned out to be great players here.
There will always be the overlooked player that breaks out in college, but you can’t build a program on players with “potential.” I read so many fans post that say, “trust the coaches.” Believe me, these aren’t the players that the coaches would want or take if they had their choice of players.

There will always be the overlooked player that breaks out in college, but you can’t build a program on players with “potential.” I read so many fans post that say, “trust the coaches.” Believe me, these aren’t the players that the coaches would want or take if they had their choice of players.
What a disrespectful thing to say about amateur athletes.

I sure hope he doesn't see this th
We literally have the dumbest fans in America. We celebrate getting 3 stars. Only teams like App St, Tulsa, Colorado St., Arkansas St., etc should do that but yet here we are with Carolinamyke singing our praises...every damn year like clockwork.
Everyone has 3star takes man... EVERYONE... NO ONE will ever get 4 and 5 stars only.. We will get our share of 4 star recruits just like we always do. Some of these 3 stars that we have will be 4 star players by the time they sign... Do you think we shouldn't sign 3 star players??

I sure hope he doesn't see this th

Everyone has 3star takes man... EVERYONE... NO ONE will ever get 4 and 5 stars only.. We will get our share of 4 star recruits just like we always do. Some of these 3 stars that we have will be 4 star players by the time they sign... Do you think we shouldn't sign 3 star players??

Unfortunately most of these usual posters don’t understand this and look for any reason to put down current team or commitments
It’s shown often and same ones quick to jump in with insults. May or may not be trolls but either way it gets ridiculous
Lol. Prime example above. The famous “ truth hurts crowd “.
Yet does “ truth hurt “ when we sign 5 stars like Burch , Pickens etc.
or when lower rated guys like Deebo turn out to be great. Point is same posters come to insult players before they ever play
Reason I say some may or may not be trolls. Cause there isn’t much difference

Unfortunately most of these usual posters don’t understand this and look for any reason to put down current team or commitments
It’s shown often and same ones quick to jump in with insults. May or may not be trolls but either way it gets ridiculous
or when lower rated guys like Deebo turn out to be great. Point is same posters come to insult players before they ever play
Very well said..

I don’t think anyone has said that you don’t take any 3 star players. The point is you aren’t going to win in the SEC if your class is primarily 3 star players. Everyone loves to point out that he signed Burch and even with that 5 star signing we were still in the bottom half of the league in recruiting. Even this year with 12 players committed which is on par with most of the league we are 11th our of 14 teams. We simply do not have the coaching to overcome the talent gap that is being created by this staff.

I think people would feel better if over 60% of the three stars were not of the 5.5 level (low 3 stars). But, until Muschamp proves he can actually "coach" or we replace him, this will be the norm. That's a fact.

Do you really think we will win a SEC Championship consistently recruiting 8th or 9th in the Conference every year?

i find it kinda sad that uga had 14 four stars, we had 4 in 2020. that aint good. at all. i really thought the indoor practice facility and now the brand new state of the art football ops building would produce better results as far as recruiting, but it has not. head scratcher.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
i find it kinda sad that uga had 14 four stars, we had 4 in 2020. that aint good. at all. i really thought the indoor practice facility and now the brand new state of the art football ops building would produce better results as far as recruiting, but it has not. head scratcher.

I think it has more to do with the recent success of our neighbors. Not so much a facilities issue.

Don't you think that Muschamp's inability to produce a nationally-ranked team in 8 years of coaching (except for one season at Florida) is weighing down on his recruiting? 8 times at bat with just one hit does not inspire confidence. Kirby Smart has produced 3 Top 10 teams, including 2 Top Four, in the past 3 years. Saddle Smart with our record the past several seasons and give us his. I guarantee you that we would have recruited much, much better and UGA not as well as they had.

Don't you think that Muschamp's inability to produce a nationally-ranked team in 8 years of coaching (except for one season at Florida) is weighing down on his recruiting? 8 times at bat with just one hit does not inspire confidence. Kirby Smart has produced 3 Top 10 teams, including 2 Top Four, in the past 3 years. Saddle Smart with our record the past several seasons and give us his. I guarantee you that we would have recruited much, much better and UGA not as well as they had.
Ding....ding....ding......spot on, sir.

oh no doubt! but, i was hoping the new facilities would give us some sort of relief. the potential of the ops building is definitely not being utilized. kinda like a 454 hemi in a residential neighborhood.

I don’t think anyone has said that you don’t take any 3 star players. The point is you aren’t going to win in the SEC if your class is primarily 3 star players. Everyone loves to point out that he signed Burch and even with that 5 star signing we were still in the bottom half of the league in recruiting. Even this year with 12 players committed which is on par with most of the league we are 11th our of 14 teams. We simply do not have the coaching to overcome the talent gap that is being created by this staff.
You're wasting your time. They don't understand or they refuse to. I don't know which. Its a pretty easy concept and yet they struggle with it.

Do we suck if we don’t win the SEC?
Our recruiting classes Suck. That's why we haven't won a Conference Championship in the past 50 years. If Spurrier and Holtz couldn't take it to the next level Muschamp isn't either. We need an elite recruiter here something we've never had.

Our recruiting classes Suck. That's why we haven't won a Conference Championship in the past 50 years. If Spurrier and Holtz couldn't take it to the next level Muschamp isn't either. We need an elite recruiter here something we've never had.
You’re a pretty negative person aren’t you?

Would not one year SEC TV money not be well more than enough to buy out the remaining years of Muschamp's contract? Besides, I recall that Muschamp did agree to a reduction of his buyout in order to free up money to hire some of his new assistants. If the Athletic Department has to tighten its belt for a year to fire Muschamp, so be it. But the football program seems to be on its way to rock bottom. If Muschamp's 5th season is a typical Muschamp season, when do you bite the bullet? It took Florida only 4 seasons to say enough is enough.

Florida’s AD wasn’t stupid enough to give him a ridiculous buyout

Damn, is at the best you can come up with? Your not even gonna try to pump some Sunshine? Or you switching the topic off Gamecock football recruiting because you know I'm right.
I’m just trying to understand why you’re so desperate for the gamecocks to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT