ADVERTISEMENT

We got money, let's blanket the SE, recruiting....

This is why I get so frustrated with the Gamecock Athletics program. Top 20 financial fan support, Top 20 coaches salary pay and majority of our history is average at best for the football program. Only Spurrier took it places I never thought, we just could not keep it going. Baseball is a proven winner although I am not sure Kingston is the answer but I hope he is. Martin had final 4 success for one year but went back to being average. I want other teams to fear and respect all major sports GO COCKS

USCALUMNI

Martin went back to being average simply because he was not recruiting up to his punching weight. He is an excellent coach who develops players and is usually a good game day coach..

Prediction: Coach FM will land a couple of 4* players in 2020 and the Gamecocks will be a factor again soon. All we need is a healthy A.J. Lawson, the solid 2019 class, the good players on the roster who are seasoned, and two new 4* recruits to have an excellent team.

Maybe its not the money we lack but the "distribution" network. Bama's "distribution" network has been established for years starting with Bear Bryant leaving bags of cash on recruit's porches. Clemson recently founded its Newspring "Distribution" Network. :D:D

This. The organization has to be all hands on deck committed to Ws.
I'm pretty sure I agree with you. But I think you may have missed that Mookie was mocking everyone. He's above it all (in his own mind) and rejoices in tweaking everyone that disagrees with his "enlightened" take on everything.

But if I've misread your post and you DID "get" his post, feel free to mock me. :D

Reactions: FORKCOCK
This. The organization has to be all hands on deck committed to Ws.
If we are not committed to Ws, and apparently we are not, then what ARE we committed to? As a career Gamecock fan, I really want to know.......

(Maybe this is unknowable)

And as the article states, A&M raking in the cash is largely because of fundraising related to the massive expansion/renovation of their stadium.....spearheaded by Eric Hyman. It was a $485 million project. And SC's Tanner just got a $20 million project approved for Williams-Brice. Lame. We are consistently bringing knifes to a gunfight.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If we are not committed to Ws, and apparently we are not, then what ARE we committed to? As a career Gamecock fan, I really want to know.......

We are committed to 'running a tight ship'!!! We are the Harvard of the south, and only accept those into the fold of impeccable morals, standards and character! Anyone running afoul of the commitment to those standards will receive the dreaded wrath or "athletic department policy". /snark

Reactions: Legendary Cock

As long as the money keeps rolling in and the fans keep packing the house supporting a mediocre (at best) product, we are 100% committed to the status quo. And why wouldn't we be? There's no incentive to change.

Reactions: ansoncock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT