ADVERTISEMENT

We have alot of issues that reared their head.( Honest thread)

IrmoRed

Nov 15, 2014
First off,offensive line... and go! It's late and I could go further. Cherry officiating was bad enough!

No leadership on offense. No real threat of big plays for big yards, the defense is gassed by halftime and Elliott is still coaching at SC.

First off,offensive line... and go! It's late and I could go further. Cherry officiating was bad enough!

The defense has shown up two games in a row...in the second half. Today's second half defense was alright. We could have won with that group if we knew how to score. Yes, there were some fundamental mistakes and deficiencies, but there was enough work to keep them from scoring much more.

But I think the offensive play calling was very poor too. We ran the zone read option with a quarterback that we knew wasn't a threat to actually tuck it and run. The OLine performance prevented any sort of deep pass, but we even failed to attempt many quick screens, slants, etc to loosen up the defensive rush. We didn't begin moving the ball until BMac began throwing the short passes, which opened the field up for him to gain a few yards on the ground as well.

We've got to start more quickly on defense and we've got to be smarter with our play calling. We all now know our offensive line of offensive, whether that's from talent or coaching. But you can call certain plays to make up for that weakness.

Reactions: whythis28
As of now, we are spotting teams points until we decide to score. Which at this rate, seems to be in the second half of games. unacceptable....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT