ADVERTISEMENT

We looked like Carolina in the Sparky and Brad years today

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
Play decent the first half, keep it close, give the fans false hope that maybe you'll win. Second half come out and from whistle to whistle you get shoved all over the field and reality sets in that its men among boys. I saw that happen countless times in the Sparky and Brad years. It was like dejavu today.

Reactions: Cocky704
Play decent the first half, keep it close, give the fans false hope that maybe you'll win. Second half come out and from whistle to whistle you get shoved all over the field and reality sets in that its men among boys. I saw that happen countless times in the Sparky and Brad years. It was like dejavu today.

Yeah. I hope not. Looks like we got out toughed. Maybe it’s human nature to be discouraged whenever you get behind by 2 or more TDs. Winning and losing can both be habits. Was that per CRT?

After it went to 20-10, and I had witnessed their physical superiority, I held out only the scantest hope we could win. I mean negligible hope.

Even Muschamp had that look of defeat on his face. It his players may not have quit in the second half but they sure did get worse. All I know is I didn't see any toughness, any physicality, nothing that makes me think of a Muschamp team.

After it went to 20-10, and I had witnessed their physical superiority, I held out inly the scantest hope we could win. I mean negligible hope.
I watched our best defensive players get drug up and down the field. I wont name names but they are the ones you hear are supposedly the best we have. They would hit the guy, he'd drag them 4-6 yards.

Reactions: brianlafe
Even Muschamp had that look of defeat on his face. It his players may not have quit in the second half but they sure did get worse. All I know is I didn't see any toughness, any physicality, nothing that makes me think of a Muschamp team.
Muschamp has been in the arena for decades. He knew what he was looking at.

What u saw was a great team dominate a up and coming team that is no where near Georgia's equal, period , end of story
.. And if nick Saban was Sc's coach today the same would've happened

What u saw was a great team dominate a up and coming team that is no where near Georgia's equal, period , end of story
No, it's not the end of the story. Probably about late Monday or early Tuesday the story will have expired. It will enjoy a revival if we take another total butt-whipping soon.

This.

The fact is, UGA was better than us at every position and it was obvious. They will likely continue to be for sometime unless something revolutionary changes. We are an 8-4 team with occasional years being better and occasional years being worse.

No, the story must be chewed over like a dessicated carcass. The carcass will not be totally degraded until at leadl Tuesday at lunchtime.

The new story moving forward, does sc put this game behind them , realize they won't play a team as good until last game of regular season and win the majority of the 8 winnable games on their schedule

Reactions: bushmastercock
The new story moving forward, does sc put this game behind them , realize they won't play a team as good until last game of regular season and win the majority of the 8 winnable games on their schedule
Next week will be telling to say the least.

We'd better win all our winnable games or take a step backwards.

The fact is, UGA was better than us at every position and it was obvious. They will likely continue to be for sometime unless something revolutionary changes. We are an 8-4 team with occasional years being better and occasional years being worse.

This guy gets it.

Lock this thread now.

Reactions: SCGCock07

Yeah. I hope not. Looks like we got out toughed. Maybe it’s human nature to be discouraged whenever you get behind by 2 or more TDs. Winning and losing can both be habits. Was that per CRT?

See the TJ Brunson video about some players unprepared for “the grind of the game”.

Reactions: king ward
See the TJ Brunson video about some players unprepared for “the grind of the game”.

How about something more simple , the players on sc aren't as talented ... Which i don't expect nor should Bronson say

So what would u do if you had the power if sc only won 7 regular season games since you say less than 8 is unacceptable ... I'm waiting
You find your greatest area of weakness, the thing that dogged you the most, and you get someone else coaching that phase. Now, that didn't take long, did it?

Yeah but some dummy will tell you stars don’t matter come signing day

We need to hire DJ Swearinger as soon as his NFL career is done to coach toughness

You find your greatest area of weakness, the thing that dogged you the most, and you get someone else coaching that phase. Now, that didn't take long, did it?

That's what I was afraid you'd say , change a coach , because talent is inferior ,

I witnessed 2 Sparky victories in Athens, he lost 1 in Columbia. Wow do we put Ky in the L column, T A&M, remove Fl, what about Tenn?

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
So, does that explain the 20+ guys on our team that are from Georgia? I keep saying it’s about the stars. Some posters on this Board absolutely refuse to accept that fact.
It’s obviously about stars. Post of the year

Georgia was being Georgia as it has been throughout its history of playing against Carolina. We had a few exceptional years when we could match them or even beat them soundly and that was thanks to Spurrier's superior coaching and play calling ability. Plus we had a bumper crop of super athletes in South Carolina for a blessed moment, and they chose to play for Carolina instead of Clemson...Lattimore, Jeffrey, Sanders, etc.

Georgia was being Georgia as it has been throughout its history of playing against Carolina. We had a few exceptional years when we could match them or even beat them soundly and that was thanks to Spurrier's superior coaching and play calling ability. Plus we had a bumper crop of super athletes in South Carolina for a blessed moment, and they chose to play for Carolina instead of Clemson...Lattimore, Jeffrey, Sanders, etc.

Yep it’s all about players and coaches. Heck even spurrier promoted the wrong coach (ward). History repeats

I watched our best defensive players get drug up and down the field. I wont name names but they are the ones you hear are supposedly the best we have. They would hit the guy, he'd drag them 4-6 yards.
I saw six of our defenders trying to tackle one guy at the same time. Half of them appeared to be trying to pick the ball carrier up before throwing him down, the other half were trying to take him directly down. Seemed we were fighting ourselves. The result was about ten extra yards. A head shaking moment for sure.

Reactions: robertfootball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT