ADVERTISEMENT

Weakest team in CFP

Good read. Glad to see others are picking up on what we saw Saturday night. There is still a large gap between us and them, but it is closing, and the Taters are far from a perfect team. Bama (and maybe Oklahoma) will punish their secondary and outscore their offense.

ND, but who's asking. Unlike many on here I like BV's defensive strategy. I think we had a great game plan and the right personnel to pull it off. But, he's proven to not get beat twice the same way. Remember Pitt and the shovel pass? Many teams have tried it since, I know we did last year, and not been successful.

Clemson has talent on defense. In a way I wonder if we didn’t just help them out exposing some issues they now know about and have time to correct.

BINGO....they will spend extra time with the safeties in pass coverage responsibilities and/or bench Tanner Muse.

Reactions: rogue cock
Clemson has talent on defense. In a way I wonder if we didn’t just help them out exposing some issues they now know about and have time to correct.
Well, I would agree except that A&M exposed them early and SC exposed them late.

This is a good read, but taters can beat ND.

Reactions: Judson1
BINGO....they will spend extra time with the safeties in pass coverage responsibilities and/or bench Tanner Muse.
Muse wasn't the only player in that secondary to look foolish. I seem to recall a tall safety and a CB who also seemed to be a few steps behind a receiver all night. But he is some weak sauce.

Reactions: rogue cock
They arent in YET...

Gotta Play Pitt, Pitt almost beat UVA and UNC, and Killed Youngstown st 28-21... So maybe... Just maybe...

If you keep your fingers crossed too long you can stop circulation and lose them. Only Bama or maybe UGA is left to take the trash out.

If you keep your fingers crossed too long you can stop circulation and lose them. Only Bama or maybe UGA is left to take the trash out.
giphy.gif

The Gamecocks were the best thing that could happen to clem this season. Normally they get beat to get a wake up call but this time they got lucky and won. It exposed a lot of holes that they have a month to fix. Sure they don’t see it that way but it’s the truth.

Reactions: Captaincommonsense
The Gamecocks were the best thing that could happen to clem this season. Normally they get beat to get a wake up call but this time they got lucky and won. It exposed a lot of holes that they have a month to fix. Sure they don’t see it that way but it’s the truth.

They got lucky and won by three touchdowns?

Reactions: YH and rickbryan

You can’t make Chicken Salad with Chicken S#%t. Clemson has a nice D-Line...Their Secondary, not so much. If you can block their Pass Rush, you can expose their pass coverage. He’s not going to fix that this year!

You can’t make Chicken Salad with Chicken S#%t. Clemson has a nice D-Line...Their Secondary, not so much. If you can block their Pass Rush, you can expose their pass coverage. He’s not going to fix that this year!

Not but you can make chicken $hit salad. Don’t tell me you’ve never had that before!!!

I think some of the issues was missed assignments which can be fixed. Will it be perfect? Probably not. But I think Clemson is better off now with a chance to address it rather than it have happened in the playoff against a team they couldn’t score at will against.

I’m not sure we didn’t much different or gave a blue print to beating their defense. I just think we happen to have a little more talent than the teams they’ve faced all season.

Reactions: roosterbell
I think he was referring to the fact that the team who exposed them as having no secondary had no defense of their own. Had we been a team with, say, a top 70 defense, Clemson's playoff hopes might have gone down in flames Saturday night.

I'm not so certain about the theory that Clemson won't make the same mistakes on defense twice. As mentioned previously, Clemson's two SEC opponents put up over 1100 yards against them. That third SEC opponent might get medieval on them.

I think he was referring to the fact that the team who exposed them as having no secondary had no defense of their own. Had we been a team with, say, a top 70 defense, Clemson's playoff hopes might have gone down in flames Saturday night.

I'm not so certain about the theory that Clemson won't make the same mistakes on defense twice. As mentioned previously, Clemson's two SEC opponents put up over 1100 yards against them. That third SEC opponent might get medieval on them.

That is interesting and all but I thought the point was to win. They win.

Agreed.....but, a lot of Clemsons problems were not handling the hurry up. Not getting the defensive call and personnel in on time. Not lining up quick enough or even correctly. Shoot, there were numerous plays where the ball was snapped and they were still looking at the sideline. They get a month to practice fixing those things. Secondary will still get scored on, but likely not to the tune of 500 yards and 35 points.

The A&M game was a completely different animal. Mond was in the process of getting sacked over and over again as he threw up balls that his receivers miraculously caught in coverage, at least three times after bouncing off/through Clemson defenders hands. There was a lot of luck in that one. Far different than what South Carolina did to them.

I just hope the guy that wrote that accurate article has a body guard.
The lowlife classless mouth breathing inbred cult member clemneck fans are gonna go after him big. Watch and see.
Poor guy.

Yes. Not many times we get inside the five twice and don’t score. And that little score at the end would have never happened with a coach with class. You know like it’s lucky Bama beat Clemson last year

UH, officials took one TD away from Clemson with a bad PI call, we all know it, the announcers said as much, one dropped TD by a WR, and a drive ended with a turnover made by the TB/QB exchange. USC wasn't going to stop them in that drive.

Clemson should have score 70. Thank those officials for no holding calls on at least 10 holding plays of USC.

but you boys keep coming up with all this what if stuff.

remember your offense was bad pretty much all year and one game doesn't make a QB or an offense.

Bentley is 0-3 against Clemson, could he be the 1st QB to lose 4 games in the series? He's 18-12 overall in 3 years. How many of those wins came against Div. 1 teams with a winning record? 4? 5? 6? really.

Thank those officials for no holding calls on at least 10 holding plays of USC.

remember your offense was bad pretty much all year and one game doesn't make a QB or an offense.

Should have stopped after the missed holding calls whine. Lost any cred right there. Either our offense is bad and your D is awful or our offense is good and your D isn't awful. Hint: Your D is not awful.

Funny that fans of a team that is in the playoff every year feel the need to come to a rival board to try to make other fans feel inferior. I mean, I get we aren't where clemson is in talent. But you could tell our offense was having fun scoring points on their rival's good defense, even in a loss. Can you really blame them? It's not like they get to dice up a playoff caliber defense every week. Give your best effort even in defeat. That bothers taters to no end.

The reason taters are dissatisfied with a 21 point victory is the fact that we didn't give up and act whipped by the 3rd quarter as they all thought we should. Of all the unmitigated gall for us to just keep trying to attack and expose the softest part of a good defense!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTomE
Should have stopped after the missed holding calls whine. Lost any cred right there. Either our offense is bad and your D is awful or our offense is good and your D isn't awful. Hint: Your D is not awful.

Funny that fans of a team that is in the playoff every year feel the need to come to a rival board to try to make other fans feel inferior. I mean, I get we aren't where clemson is in talent. But you could tell our offense was having fun scoring points on their rival's good defense, even in a loss. Can you really blame them? It's not like they get to dice up a playoff caliber defense every week. As I tell my daughter, there is always something to keep playing for. Give your best effort even in defeat. That bothers taters to no end.

The reason taters are dissatisfied with a 21 point victory is the fact that we didn't give up and act whipped by the 3rd quarter as they all thought we should. Of all the unmitigated gall for us to just keep trying to attack and expose the softest part of a good defense!

I agree. I thought USC played very well on offense that night and didn't quit.

But then some fans come on here crying about Clemson not quitting. I think had WM put in his back ups after Clemson had in theirs and not extended the game with TOs Dabo would left his backups in and not tried to score late.

I guess it's ok for one team not to quit and the other one should.

You know your offense wasn't great all year and that was one of those games everything worked. It also just one game where the Clemson defense didn't play well. It doesn't make them a bad defense just a bad game.

ND, but who's asking. Unlike many on here I like BV's defensive strategy. I think we had a great game plan and the right personnel to pull it off. But, he's proven to not get beat twice the same way. Remember Pitt and the shovel pass? Many teams have tried it since, I know we did last year, and not been successful.
We took advantage of BV’s defensive audibles by catching them out of position on the switch.

But then some fans come on here crying about Clemson not quitting.

It's a USC board. We can talk about whatever we want here. I don't cry over scores. As for Bentley and the offense, you can have a look at the stats since the 2nd half of the A&M game. I read a tweet this morning that said Bentley has 14 TD to 3 INTs since that point. Pretty decent, no? It's fair to call that a trend. You can call it whatever you want. But he just set a record against clemson in their own place. Had BOOM! wanted the FG's it could easily have been 41 points. That's the reason I think Dabo ran the hurry up and scored. It just didn't look convincing enough yet. That last score really doesn't change a thing in my mind. If the fans could stay in their seats we might have gotten another score. But again, what makes me most optimistic about the offense was the complete lack of quit in them and the fact they appeared to be enjoying themselves. Expecting a blowout loss, there's no way for me to not feel better about that. Like I told my daughter when she was enduring a pretty bad volleyball season, there's always something to play for, even in a loss.

Last edited:
It's a USC board. We can talk about whatever we want here. I don't cry over scores. As for Bentley and the offense, you can have a look at the stats since the 2nd half of the A&M game. I read a tweet this morning that said Bentley has 14 TD to 3 INTs since that point. Pretty decent, no? It's fair to call that a trend. You can call it whatever you want. But he just set a record against clemson in their own place. Had BOOM! wanted the FG's it could easily have been 41 points. That's the reason I think Dabo ran the hurry up and scored. It just didn't look convincing enough yet. That last score really doesn't change a thing in my mind. If the fans could stay in their seats we might have gotten another score. But again, what makes me most optimistic about the offense was the complete lack of quit in them. Like I told my daughter when she was enduring a pretty bad volleyball season, there's always something to play for, even in a loss.
giphy.gif

It's a USC board. We can talk about whatever we want here. I don't cry over scores. As for Bentley and the offense, you can have a look at the stats since the 2nd half of the A&M game. I read a tweet this morning that said Bentley has 14 TD to 3 INTs since that point. Pretty decent, no? It's fair to call that a trend. You can call it whatever you want. But he just set a record against clemson in their own place. Had BOOM! wanted the FG's it could easily have been 41 points. That's the reason I think Dabo ran the hurry up and scored. It just didn't look convincing enough yet. That last score really doesn't change a thing in my mind. If the fans could stay in their seats we might have gotten another score. But again, what makes me most optimistic about the offense was the complete lack of quit in them and the fact they appeared to be enjoying themselves. Expecting a blowout loss, there's no way for me to not feel better about that. Like I told my daughter when she was enduring a pretty bad volleyball season, there's always something to play for, even in a loss.

Dude.........Wow.

You drank some of the dabo koolaid. Considering we got inside the 5 twice and came away with no points and they scored with 30 seconds left it really wasn't a 3 scorr game. Same thing from our game a few year ago when we scored with seconds left to make it 1 score. They really won by 2 the.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT