ADVERTISEMENT

well all we did was P them off when we took the lead...

Took a 1 point lead and didn't score another point the rest of the half.

34-24

Typical end of 1st half with this team.

Kentucky is great, but every team does this to us to end the first half.

Re: Typical end of 1st half with this team.

Demetrius Henry doesn't know what to do with the ball. He looks lost and commits careless fouls.

Re: Took a 1 point lead and didn't score another point the rest of the half.

Took the lead, and then did not score the last 4 1/2 mins. Turnover after turnover .... bad shot after bad shot .... Do our guys just run out of gas? If so. We should rest our best at the 10 min mark, and get our bench guys in to go all out for 5 mins. ....slow the game down .... run the shot clock down as much as possible .... play tough in your face D the whole time .... harass the crap out them .... contest every shot.... Make their guys use up some energy and just try to keep it close. Then put our best back in at the 5 min mark to do the same, and finish the game strong.That's not rocket science.

This post was edited on 1/24 11:08 AM by wallycock

Re: Took a 1 point lead and didn't score another point the rest of the half.

For years and years, we always get smoked the last two minutes of the first half. Nothing new here.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Cybercock:
... they are good but somebody is going to beat those arrogant SOB's soon.
I'd like to think they wont win the NC but look at some of their wins. They've played ranked teams and beat them all, some by a good bit. What I'm hoping is in the (new)1st round of 64, after the (new) play-in 8 teams are done playin to get to the (new) field of 64, some nobody drains the shots they should while Kentucky is stylin & profilin and beats them. Some middie.

We are in the SEC you know.
Originally posted by prizerooster:

I'd like to think they wont win the NC but look at some of their wins. They've played ranked teams and beat them all, some by a good bit. What I'm hoping is in the (new)1st round of 64, after the (new) play-in 8 teams are done playin to get to the (new) field of 64, some nobody drains the shots they should while Kentucky is stylin & profilin and beats them. Some middie.

Originally posted by 1977 Cat:

We are in the SEC you know.

You did'nt read the whole post did you?

For sure Kentucky will lose this season , and Cal will in all likelihood allow it to happen.

This edition of the Cats plays up to the level of competition vs just burying teams and letting the chips fall as they will..eventually a team will catch them playing with the turn it on when we need to attitude and defeat UK

Ck the attached link regarding undefeated teams and the end result.

http://basketball.about.com/od/ncaatournament/tp/u

I was hoping one of our guys would just go ahead and deck #1 for

his classless strutting after he scored on that breakaway lay-up. For God's sake, he had a freshman on him trying to defend him, he scored, and then he made that gesture with his arms at Marcus. Yeah, douche, your team is good; you're good. Can't you just run on back down the court?

GOCOCKS! BEATTAM! BEATLSU!

Re: I was hoping one of our guys would just go ahead and deck #1 for

Originally posted by chick75:
his classless strutting after he scored on that breakaway lay-up. For God's sake, he had a freshman on him trying to defend him, he scored, and then he made that gesture with his arms at Marcus. Yeah, douche, your team is good; you're good. Can't you just run on back down the court?

^ Booker is a freshman also…..

Kentucky probably could have turned it up anytime they felt like it, especially if it had been closer at the end. Having said that, after we took the lead in first half, we turned the ball over two trips in a row after stopping them twice.

Cal cant coach his way out of a paper bag. He has connections that keep him rolling in 5* recruits. If Kentucky had a real coach they'd win the NC every year.

Doesn't matter. He could have been a little more classy and not

made that gesture. No one is taking anything from Kentucky and their one-and-dones, but class goes a long way. Other than the one towel that barely landed on the court, I was there and was proud of our team and fans for hanging in as long as they could.

That gesture was totally unnecessary... but not totally unexpected.

Re: Doesn't matter. He could have been a little more classy and not

Originally posted by chick75:
made that gesture. No one is taking anything from Kentucky and their one-and-dones, but class goes a long way. Other than the one towel that barely landed on the court, I was there and was proud of our team and fans for hanging in as long as they could.

That gesture was totally unnecessary... but not totally unexpected.

I don't like it either chick…. I was saying he was a freshman as much because you said he was being guarded by a frosh… …as to kinda defend it as something maybe something a kid (frosh) would do….. I can't say I don't understand your sentiment on this…. I still cringe when I see Jokim Noah for the chest slapping directed at our student section (UK) back when they were on their 2 title run. Gestures or not…..Booker has been a huge surprise to me on UK's team.
That said it is your teams board and I do understand the ire on the celebratory behavior.

Good luck the rest of the way…. I really like Martin being in the SEC….

This post was edited on 1/25 5:12 PM by DoyleHargrave1

Cal cant coach his way out of a paper bag. He has connections that keep him rolling in 5* recruits. If Kentucky had a real coach they'd win the NC every year.
I guess you forgot about Cal coaching UMass and putting them on the map while playing in a gym the size of North Dorchesters. And he seemed to do pretty well at Memphis, too. He's the only coach in America who can get all freshmen to play as a team and buy into defense. As for connections to get 5 star recruits--- its called marketing. "You play for me at UK and you're on national TV twice a week and a millionaire in a year".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT