ADVERTISEMENT

Well.... I'm sure most of you are pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't miss church this Sunday, a lot of garnet prayers were made before and during the game....lol.

We got beat on a few plays and it made the difference , but we didn't get destroyed by any means.
Alabama is great....everyone knew that.

To the Gamecock fans who can acknowledge how well Clemson , Watson and our defensive line played - Thank You.

To the haters who try to claim victory thru the Alabama win - Have you ordered your miniature replica national champion trophy yet ?

Next year is here....and it's gonna be another good one......for some. See you in November....count on it.

Are we to understand that there are 8 more teams like Bama in the SEC?
It's understood that the SEC is a more physical conference than the ACC from top to bottom. Makes for a tough grind when you play against those caliber of athletes week in and week out.

Don't miss church this Sunday, a lot of garnet prayers were made before and during the game....lol.

We got beat on a few plays and it made the difference , but we didn't get destroyed by any means.

To the Gamecock fans who can acknowledge how well Clemson , Watson and our defensive line played - Thank You.

To the haters who try to claim victory thru the Alabama win - Have you ordered your miniature replica national champion trophy yet ?

Next year is here....and it's gonna be another good one......for some. See you in November....count on

Yes we are very excited about your loss. Very.

Most clemsux fans don't & won't understand that.
They think playing one SEC team a year, or every couple of years, is equal to the grind of the conference. Um, no. You played Bama last night, now go on the road to LSU. Oh and you have 6 days to get ready. Then you have another 6 days after that. Then another. Injuries? Aww that's too bad.

Next year is here....and it's gonna be another good one......for some. See you in November....count on it.
Yes, I'm enjoying yalls agony immensly.

Reactions: cockgun
They think playing one SEC team a year, or every couple of years, is equal to the grind of the conference. Um, no. You played Bama last night, now go on the road to LSU. Oh and you have 6 days to get ready. Then you have another 6 days after that. Then another. Injuries? Aww that's too bad.
Exaxtly. You know Watson is sore today. They wouldn't have the same record in the SEC.

Was LSU really good this year? Is going on the road to UK, or Vandy, or Miss St, or Missouri, or Arkansas, as brutal as you're making it out to be? I guess it is, what with those teams having "SEC" on their jerseys.

Was LSU really good this year? Is going on the road to UK, or Vandy, or Miss St, or Missouri, or Arkansas, as brutal as you're making it out to be? I guess it is, what with those teams having "SEC" on their jerseys.
The difference between those teams you mentioned is any given week they can beat the top teams if you don't bring your A game. Can you say the same about Wake Forrest, Boston College, Syracuse, etc? No you can't because you can play your C game and get by in the ACC.

Reactions: HartsvilleRedCock
The difference between those teams you mentioned is any given week they can beat the top teams if you don't bring your A game. Can you say the same about Wake Forrest, Boston College, Syracuse, etc? No you can't because you can play your C game and get by in the ACC.
Wake Forest, Syracuse, and BC are comparable to Vandy, UK, and Mizzou, although I understand that you won't agree because they're in different conferences. Clemson could play a C game and beat all 6 of those teams, simply because they're better than them. Claiming Vandy and UK could upset Clemson on any given day because they're in the SEC is just blind homerism.

Exactly. It's not that Clemson isn't as good as anyone in the conference right now except for Bama. It's that the other teams in the conference are good enough to beat you if you don't play well. A team like Wake or Syracuse can't beat you even if you turn the ball over 3 or 4 times.

Reactions: shorecock
Who could compete with the powerhouses that are Syracuse and Pitt or Miami or NC State, and Virginia, but I guess we'll get by...

Wake Forest, Syracuse, and BC are comparable to Vandy, UK, and Mizzou, although I understand that you won't agree because they're in different conferences. Clemson could play a C game and beat all 6 of those teams, simply because they're better than them. Claiming Vandy and UK could upset Clemson on any given day because they're in the SEC is just blind homerism.
When is the last time any of those ACC teams you mention played in the conference CG? Mizzou has twice. When is the last time they had a 9 win season? Vandy did a few years ago.

Just remember this. If you were in the SEC you would not have even made it past Atlanta. Even Alabama could not go through the conference undefeated. You won the ACC and your bowl game. That is all in the end!

What was the SEC's bowl record this year?

I honestly don't know.

Thanks

ahhhh look at that. Poor little tater is butt hurt that his rival was pulling for the other team. In 5 years nobody outside the state of SC will even remember you went and lost. losers aren't remembered.

You're a Clemson fan and this is a Gamecock board. The amount we care about what you think could fit in a thimble.

this is what i did when i saw old dabo pull his hat over his head....made my night...i live in the upstate and if they would have won, i would have had to kill somebody....these idiots are hard to be around....i know some level headed clemson fans(few and far between), but most are just dumb, obnoxious, arrogant, annoying and dumb some more cow terds....was mighty quiet today at work from all the tater faithful....i didnt say a damn word, which i think pissed them off more.....you sir are the reason i hate clemson, cuz u come over here and spout off at the mouth trying to validate the reason yall lost....just go away and go herd some sheep jackass
tumblr_ljb5cxKqS11qixleeo1_500.gif

Jesus you are one pathetic A-hole! So desperate to get credit for the moral victory of hanging with the type of team we play EIGHT TIMES A YEAR, you come to your rivals board and try to guilt us into... What? You want us to all pat you on the back and say "you'll get 'em next year"? YOU WON'T. Bama will still be better and so will a hand full of other SEC teams. It is the same every year. You get a few flashy skill players, maybe a good QB and think you are as good as any team in the country because you win with style points over scrubs? BULLSHIT. Bama is three deep with guys as good as your BEST PLAYERS at every position. The only advantage clemzun had was at QB, and it took everything he had to keep the taters close, and you wound up needing a desperate 4th Q drive AND a garbage time TD to cut the lead to under 10 and save some face.
How sad... Oh, but great game clemzun... Your DL held the heisman trophy winner to just under 200 yards and only 2-3 TDS? Including the game WINNER? Boy that is impressive stuff! Way to man up and show him who was boss! I am sure Bama will be scared to face THAT D again... Ohh and your pass defense was extra impressive... Their awful looking QB tossed about 300 yards and a couple scores too didn't most of it go to a backup TE who was open EVERY PLAY? Three catches of over 40 yards for that one guy I think?

I just don't see what the clemmers see in this loss... Watson kept it close, Bama was a wayyyyyyy better team overall, if Bama's QB had even a decent first half, they win going away in the second half. Easily break 50pts, maybe 60... This is not as impressive as they want to think it is.

14 wins is a strong total though... Too bad none of us will ever know how many it would have been playing as SEC schedule.

All I heard at the end of nov was the last 7 points were garbage points and the game wasn't really that close. So I say to you, "The last td was garbage points and the game wasn't that close!" See next year, 1st loser..

To the haters who try to claim victory thru the Alabama win - Have you ordered your miniature replica national champion trophy yet ?.

I really don't understand Clemson fans that are so stupid that they cannot fathom conference pride. The SEC is a great conference. I have read many of my Clemson fans talking about how great the Alabama people were before and after the game. This is what it is like in the SEC. The teams in the SEC have great fans. The South Carolina fanbase is just one of them.

So, now I am a "hater" because I love the SEC and root for any SEC team to beat any other team in the country, especially ACC teams.

This is an example of what poor sports Clemson fans are in general. Instead of complimenting the SEC for its championship quality team, all we hear are excuses and insults.

I really don't understand Clemson fans that are so stupid that they cannot fathom conference pride. The SEC is a great conference. I have read many of my Clemson fans talking about how great the Alabama people were before and after the game. This is what it is like in the SEC. The teams in the SEC have great fans. The South Carolina fanbase is just one of them.

So, now I am a "hater" because I love the SEC and root for any SEC team to beat any other team in the country, especially ACC teams.

This is an example of what poor sports Clemson fans are in general. Instead of complimenting the SEC for its championship quality team, all we hear are excuses and insults.
Agreed. On the other hand, imagine pulling for the acc during bowl season and how depressing that would be.

Conference pride comes from the importance of strength of schedule. I think that's lessened some, but it used to be really important. It still makes a big difference in basketball and baseball. Clemson fans don't like it because it's never benefited them in football. It's always been used against them because their competition is usually so poor. That's really the only reason they don't like to hear about it.

Two points:
1-there were a lot of Garnet prayers answered, meaning that our fans must be closer to The Man upstairs than the orange clad bunch. So maybe it's you that should be in church Sunday and and stop worshiping Jim dabo Jones!
2-Watson played a good game but was not able to do what
ole meanie Chad Kelly did....beat Alabama!!
Just saying.

Reactions: bucketdad
Well we can say even Bama did not make it through the SEC undefeated!
Right. Ironic, too, that Clem's castoff, Chad Kelly beat Bama, but not Deshaun Watson. And yes, I think Watson's a much better player, FWIW, but still ironic, don't cha think?

you right next year is here your 0-1 the GAMECOCKS are undefeated...

Final point: SEC set an NCAA bowl winning % this year going 9-2 in bowl games losses Texas A&M and Florida. What other evidence do you need, NC and won 81% of the bowl games played in this season. Oh, and the conference was 'down' according to the 'talking heads' in 2015? We sucked in 2015 but had more than held our own the previous years, with four bowl wins in a row

Conference pride comes from the importance of strength of schedule. I think that's lessened some, but it used to be really important. It still makes a big difference in basketball and baseball. Clemson fans don't like it because it's never benefited them in football. It's always been used against them because their competition is usually so poor. That's really the only reason they don't like to hear about it.

I think it is derived from the fan bases of the affiliated schools. We just have passionate and awesome fans across the board. Nobody else is even close.

Yes i was happy. I don't care who beats Clemson and how they beat them...just as long as they beat you.

Elated is more the word. You come here with your moral victory speech. Bottom line...your team lost. When you set your sites on winning a national championship every year (Like Alabama), anything less is a complete and "utter" failure. Your team lost...your team failed. End of story. Everything else is just happy time moral victory speeches. Just remember how you and your cohorts felt after the November game. See ya...will never want to be ya. You have nothing we want...so go and gloat in your moral victory on your own boards. Meanwhile, Alabama will be clearing out space for another National Championship. Born in Alabama...graduated from South Carolina. I am proud of both programs. I will never care what Clemson does except losing.

Reactions: bentleyisgoat
You need to take off the orange color glasses and put down the Kool aid before you start typing. I am starting to believe you actually believe your BS. It may be time to get the straight jacket out for this guy. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT