ADVERTISEMENT

We're out of the tournament-2 out of 3 years

And if Holbrook is not fired now, come 2018, we will miss the tournament 3 out of 4 years! Absolutely unacceptable for a championship caliber program to fall so deep in such short time span!!! Time to fire Holbrook, hire a new competent Head Coach and revitalize the baseball program - Soon!!!

Reactions: sadd66
There is a difference in a baseball coach than any other coach. A baseball coach has to have that unbreakable bond with his team and they will run into a wall for him but every coach can't get that from their guys. It's an art. A good baseball coach earns the respect from his team and never mentions how much confidence he has in himself the man just coaches. His team loves him and believes in him and they play their butts off for him. I believe he has to walk the line between being one of the team players to commander in chief. There has to be a bond I say and there isn't one for us right now.

Reactions: sadd66
Coastal gets no respect either. Defending champs, 18 games over .500 should merit an at large bid.
UCLA invited despite being only 5 games over .500 hmmm.
We eliminated Vanderwilt and Kentucky from the tournament. Just too many late inning collapses and not enough two out hits. Maybe it's time to curb some of the cupcake junior college conference's automatic bids. Davidson? Really?

Face it - he'll be back next year. Injuries costs us the games that would have gotten us into the tournament. Or that is the excuse behind his retention. I'm willing to give him one more year but the seat is white-hot.

Face it - he'll be back next year. Injuries costs us the games that would have gotten us into the tournament. Or that is the excuse behind his retention. I'm willing to give him one more year but the seat is white-hot.
Hmmmm, guess the bat got hurt, because pitching (even with the injuries) wasn't our problem. But you're right, if he is retained, that'll be the excuse.

Reactions: 92Pony and sadd66
I agree...Holcombe has to go! Even though...Like Bentley said, they weren't that much better than us.

Hmmmm, guess the bat got hurt, because pitching (even with the injuries) wasn't our problem. But you're right, if he is retained, that'll be the excuse.

I agree that he has to go...but yes, pitching had it's share of our problems this season. In probably at least 4 or 5 of the SEC series we lost, PLUS the Clemsux series, pitching couldn't hold on to late leads. One pitch here or there meant 3 or 4 more series wins.

Reactions: sadd66 and mavcock
I agree...Holcombe has to go! Even though...Like Bentley said, they weren't that much better than us.

Holcombe?, It's Holbrook! While yes, he needs to go, at least show some class. He was a BIG part of our national championship teams, he just couldn't cut it as a head coach. No need to be classless.

raycock2001Well-Known Member
New

Holcombe?, It's Holbrook! While yes, he needs to go, at least show some class. He was a BIG part of our national championship teams, he just couldn't cut it as a head coach. No need to be classless.

Go pleasure yourself...I stick by my comment. Holcombe must go! I hope you let the SECN guys know what his name is? They said it was...Holcombe.

raycock2001Well-Known Member
New

Go pleasure yourself...I stick by my comment. Holcombe must go! I hope you let the SECN guys know what his name is? They said it was...Holcombe.

...and I'll stick by my comment too. Show some class! Of course, if you want Holcombe to go, I guess you won't get your wish, which I assume is for Holbrook to be let go!

Just a question, not a statement... how many blown saves did we have in the last month?

Hard to enjoy their failures as much when they've beaten us/outperformed us 3 straight years.

original.gif

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Just a question, not a statement... how many blown saves did we have in the last month?
Not sure. There were a few. Hitting was a problem throughout the year and our poor approach at the plate is obvious. With the pitching staff we started the year with, we shouldn't have had any problem....though we did toward the end of the year. Didn't see half the arms that I thought we'd see at the beginning of the year.

Not sure. There were a few. Hitting was a problem throughout the year and our poor approach at the plate is obvious. With the pitching staff we started the year with, we shouldn't have had any problem....though we did toward the end of the year. Didn't see half the arms that I thought we'd see at the beginning of the year.
It's clear that hitting was a big part of the problem. Defense, too, at times... sort of an all around problem, I guess.

Reactions: rogue cock
Another sign or proof as to how low our program has fallen is the fact that we did not even have one player selected to the All SEC 1st or 2nd Teams & All Defensive Team as well. However one might want to spin this, but the truth is this absence is simply unacceptable and embarrassing. The entire team - players & coaches - all underachieved and underperformed in EPIC fashion this season!!! Time to right this ship - NOW!!!

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT