ADVERTISEMENT

What a bunch of wussies!!!

CooCooCock

Nov 30, 2010
I am so flippin' tired of the posters complaining about our bowl assignment and/or opponent. The constant whining from the "glass is half empty" crowd gets really old.

1. We're going bowling -- Our team (players and coaching staff) worked hard for it. Our team earned it. Our team deserves it. They also deserve our support regardless of who, when, or where. They don't deserve complaints about what they achieved. Try to enjoy it.
2. The location is convenient -- Most any fan from the state of SC can easily make it there and back in the same day. It's a lower-cost alternative compared to some of the other options that we could have been given.
3. It's a chance for redemption -- Yes, we're going to Charlotte to face North Carolina again. Not too long ago, we would say "bring it on" and then proceed to beat their arses. Most long-time USC fans consider UNC to be a rival and know how good it feels to beat them in any sport. Grow up and grow a pair. Learn to face the competition.
4. It's a chance to finish with a winning record -- The previous few years have been frustrating and the losing records embarrassing. Of course the fans and the team are not where we want to be record-wise. But we are clearly heading in the right direction compared to recent seasons and we have a chance to add another game to the win column. Plus, this gives us the opportunity to build off extra practices, etc.

I could go on, but I know it would only give the perpetually negative people more opportunities to find something to pick apart and complain about. You all must live miserable lives.

I am so flippin' tired of the posters complaining about our bowl assignment and/or opponent. The constant whining from the "glass is half empty" crowd gets really old.

1. We're going bowling -- Our team (players and coaching staff) worked hard for it. Our team earned it. Our team deserves it. They also deserve our support regardless of who, when, or where. They don't deserve complaints about what they achieved. Try to enjoy it.
2. The location is convenient -- Most any fan from the state of SC can easily make it there and back in the same day. It's a lower-cost alternative compared to some of the other options that we could have been given.
3. It's a chance for redemption -- Yes, we're going to Charlotte to face North Carolina again. Not too long ago, we would say "bring it on" and then proceed to beat their arses. Most long-time USC fans consider UNC to be a rival and know how good it feels to beat them in any sport. Grow up and grow a pair. Learn to face the competition.
4. It's a chance to finish with a winning record -- The previous few years have been frustrating and the losing records embarrassing. Of course the fans and the team are not where we want to be record-wise. But we are clearly heading in the right direction compared to recent seasons and we have a chance to add another game to the win column. Plus, this gives us the opportunity to build off extra practices, etc.

I could go on, but I know it would only give the perpetually negative people more opportunities to find something to pick apart and complain about. You all must live miserable lives.
and their every day life conversations probably just as whiny

I'm mad it's in Charlotte. I was going to be in Nashville through the Christmas break and was hoping we would get the Music City Bowl! Now I can't go damn it!!!!!!!!

Reactions: TN-Gamecock

Dude we suck. The mayo bowl is appropriate.

I'm mad it's in Charlotte. I was going to be in Nashville through the Christmas break and was hoping we would get the Music City Bowl! Now I can't go damn it!!!!!!!!
We have never been to the Music City Bowl, right?

Many of us go for the location as well as the game. Charlotte is convenient and cheap. No hotel cost for me. Less expense. It would have been wonderful to go somewhere warm and fun. But we are bowling, something few of us would have thought at the beginning of the year. Let the team go and enjoy the experience. Extra practice will be good. Let’s go kick some tarhole butt

Reactions: atl-cock
I feel like its Christmas morning and I just opened a box with a pink bunny suit in it while my mom keeps telling me how great it is

How about them wussies who whine about fans not being happy with our bowl destination as if we should just take it, be happy about it and ask for another if we get the chance. Y'all sound like Ralphie's mom making him try on his aunt's bunny suit christmas morning. Geeze.
Why is it that some people cannot grasp the concept of being grateful and content with the rewards resulting from PAST performance while still having high expectations for greater things in the FUTURE? The bar is not lowered -- it is still high.

Also, please capitalize Christmas to show respect.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Why is it that some people cannot grasp the concept of being grateful and content with the rewards resulting from PAST performance while still having high expectations for greater things in the FUTURE? The bar is not lowered -- it is still high.

Also, please capitalize Christmas to show respect.
I actually deleted that post an substituted it for another but obviously not quick enough. Might be happy to know I did capitalize Christmas in that one before you pointed that out. You're way overthinking it if you thought I was disrespecting Christmas.

Another thread whining about whining. Too funny.
cf5dff2eb897875826b54ab39a9c5404.gif

You aren’t whining the right way

try again

Philippians 2:14-18
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[a] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.​

I just want a matchup we have a chance to win. If we had come to Birmingham and the weather turned out ok, I would gone downtown to watch them play in the new stadium. But I definitely wouldn't have gone out of my way to go the Birmingham Bowl again.

Philippians 2:14-18​

14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[a] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.​

In other words, get the h out of whining.

If one more win would have made the difference, we blew that at Missouri, after first blowing it at home vs. UK.
Yea, but before the season those games were tossups, at best. And the UF and Auburn wins were not anticipated.

6 wins exceeded my expectations by 2. Wasn’t always pretty or pleasing how we got there, but I‘m willing to take it as a hopeful sign for the future. As a Gamecock fan, I have a PhD in finding hopeful signs in most any situation.

You just can’t please some people. We weren’t suppose to win but 3 games. We won six games with Muschamp’s players. Something he couldn’t even do the last few years. This year was one heck of a coaching job so stop whining and complaining and get behind the team!!

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT