ADVERTISEMENT

What a great way to start the new year...

importcock

Aug 28, 2007
1. We won our bowl against a big name school. Should help us close out recruiting on a high note. Our defense looks to be set for a while. The offense showed signs of life late in the game and hopefully Boom will hire a great OC and get that side of the ball playing great too.
2. Alabama took care of the taters and put the football world back on it's axis. I think one extra bonus from this is to shut up the talking heads who have been picking tater tech all week. I listen to sports radio and watch on tv and a lot of them have been taking the trendy pick of clemtech. Very glad they were wrong.
3. As much as I dislike UGA I was actually pulling for them yesterday. I'm not one of the SEC groupies who do the chant but I do like to feel like we play in the best conference in the country so an UGA win helps that. And, I may be in the minority here but I felt like UGA stood a better chance of beating Clemson next week if Bama didn't take care of them.Plus, I don't think I've seen a more entertaining game this bowl season. It was just a really good game.
All in all just a great day of football. And a great day to be a Gamecock.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
Agree on all counts!

What a day of football, what a great way to ring in the new year!!

Need to win enough recruiting battles to start changing the integrity of the DNA on the rosters. Then we’ll start ‘winning’ against the Tigs again. Too much talent separation right now. Hopefully, our win and their loss helps build some “trail” momentum moving forward.

1. We won our bowl against a big name school. Should help us close out recruiting on a high note. Our defense looks to be set for a while. The offense showed signs of life late in the game and hopefully Boom will hire a great OC and get that side of the ball playing great too.
2. Alabama took care of the taters and put the football world back on it's axis. I think one extra bonus from this is to shut up the talking heads who have been picking tater tech all week. I listen to sports radio and watch on tv and a lot of them have been taking the trendy pick of clemtech. Very glad they were wrong.
3. As much as I dislike UGA I was actually pulling for them yesterday. I'm not one of the SEC groupies who do the chant but I do like to feel like we play in the best conference in the country so an UGA win helps that. And, I may be in the minority here but I felt like UGA stood a better chance of beating Clemson next week if Bama didn't take care of them.Plus, I don't think I've seen a more entertaining game this bowl season. It was just a really good game.
All in all just a great day of football. And a great day to be a Gamecock.

5 of the last 8 years South Carolina is 9 wins or greater! Go Gamecocks! Keep it going men!

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT