ADVERTISEMENT

What about this view?

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
Most picked us to win 7 maybe 8 (maybe) and not to make much noise in the East and that seems to be the direction we are headed. Let the season play out before we throw in the towel. I heard half the teams that played last week lost too. I've been a Gamecock far too long to ever bail and I'm here for the duration so I take it as it comes. I was there during Brad's last game when Clemson fans were tossing ZERO candy bars on the field after the game so lots of you fans don't really know what shame is...lol. Right now some see Gamecock football like a horrible car wreck, it's hard to look at but you can't look away either. Remember the save head coach some want canned is the same head coach who spoiled us so get a grip.

Most picked us to win 7 maybe 8 (maybe) and not to make much noise in the East and that seems to be the direction we are headed. Let the season play out before we throw in the towel. I heard half the teams that played last week lost too. I've been a Gamecock far too long to ever bail and I'm here for the duration so I take it as it comes. I was there during Brad's last game when Clemson fans were tossing ZERO candy bars on the field after the game so lots of you fans don't really know what shame is...lol. Right now some see Gamecock football like a horrible car wreck, it's hard to look at but you can't look away either. Remember the save head coach some want canned is the same head coach who spoiled us so get a grip.

"throw in the towel"? what do u mean, I've got an etouffee planned 4 lsu!

The zero candy bars were in Lou's 1st season. IIRC, fat Brad, who had destroyed the program, got a victory ride from his new Clemson players. Total classless move by Tommy Bowden and yet Lou didn't call him out on it.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
i havent thrown in the towel, but we have a fighter jet thats hit and going down and getting ready to hit ray tanners house

Last edited:
What actually said was that was the pre-season talk. My point is we can still reach that anything else would be gravey. I still believe we can at least have a decent season

Reactions: Tigerof66
Brad had lost complete control of this program, and pretty much willfully ran it into the ground with players yukking it up on the sidelines, etc...etc....No respect whatsoever. And then rubs it in his former employer's face? He will never get credit for the first bowl win from me, and that's why. Some potater said lucky he (the Scott's :rolleyes:) got out because of the "coaching graveyard", but that's a load. He should have never been a HC after here anyway (and not because of USC), and from the rumor(s) I heard supposedly from Diddy Bowden, he didn't think he should have been one here. We were desperate I guess. Water under the bridge. But anyway, whenever the time comes, it needs to be a bigger Home Run than Dawn Staley.....if that's even possible.

Last edited:
i havent thrown in the towel, but we have a fighter jet thats hit and going down and getting ready to hit ray tanners house....yes his house is an aircraft carrier
kamikaze-o.gif

That was a Kamakasi pilot killing Navy Seamen in WW2. Not appropriate. Not funny.

While I like your optimism Jim, I think you are denying the truth. We are not a good football team. I was at those games as well that you mentioned... (I think Brad's wife broke her foot/ankle when she jumped over the side railing to join in the celebration) The coach that many are wanted canned isn't coaching for free. He has a price tag of $4,000,000. I will never see that type of money as I am sure almost every poster on this board will not either. I think changes have to be made to save the program. You are correct he did spoil us. He showed that here at SC, we could win. We have better facilities since he has come. National recognition. But, do we want it to go back where we were? If he doesn't retire/leave, he has to cut the cord with Jr., Deke, Botkin, and Ward. We need recruiters that get the job done. Recruiting and new coaches are the only thing that will save us.

In regards to record, there is a maximum of five wins left on the schedule. (UCF, Vandy, Citadel, Mizzu, Florida) if you think we can beat any of the others with the current scheme/performance, then you are in a dream world. I will support them no matter what, but we aren't having a winning season.

It blows because I always want a winning season, but if we have one, what happens to the staff then? It would be hard to replace anyone given that, but there are serious issues, even if we win 7. More so than 2014. I hate to cut off my nose.....but except for SOS, the others aren't P5 level, let alone SEC. Would he replace all of them? The co-DC unfortunately says no at this time.

You're all missing the point. We're not a bad football team right now. We're a bad program. Poor coaches. Poor recruiting. Poor play. BS excuses and comments from SOS following every loss (and pretty much every game where we don't play well). We're the next to last team in the SEC and we've been relegated to the noon games.

We've been passed by Clemp, UK, UT and others. We had to come back from behind to beat UNC. As SOS says, it's sad.

Jr. is in charge and he's in way over his head, which is not surprising because Tanner is in way over his head too. All of the improvements he's been prosecuting is merely implementing Hyman's plan and only masks the incompetence of the entire program. We're trending down. By every definition that's tantamount to a bad program.

Sorry. I'm sure this post will provoke the usual tater catcalls, but as SOS says it is what it is.

Been saying 5-7 or 6-6 all year but now it looks more like a 4-8, maybe. By the way, I agree with "Atlanta cock" when he state that Tanner is not the answer at AD. He's not the AD type and we wre headed downhill real fast.

While I like your optimism Jim, I think you are denying the truth. We are not a good football team. I was at those games as well that you mentioned... (I think Brad's wife broke her foot/ankle when she jumped over the side railing to join in the celebration) The coach that many are wanted canned isn't coaching for free. He has a price tag of $4,000,000. I will never see that type of money as I am sure almost every poster on this board will not either. I think changes have to be made to save the program. You are correct he did spoil us. He showed that here at SC, we could win. We have better facilities since he has come. National recognition. But, do we want it to go back where we were? If he doesn't retire/leave, he has to cut the cord with Jr., Deke, Botkin, and Ward. We need recruiters that get the job done. Recruiting and new coaches are the only thing that will save us.

In regards to record, there is a maximum of five wins left on the schedule. (UCF, Vandy, Citadel, Mizzu, Florida) if you think we can beat any of the others with the current scheme/performance, then you are in a dream world. I will support them no matter what, but we aren't having a winning season.

Mike McGee and Eric Hyman were professionals. I am afraid Ray regrets even taking this job. I thought it was an emotional move when he was hired. I do not blame SOS but we have a decision maker who in not SEC level.

I love Ray Tanner, and it's hard not do for all he's done, he is a top 5 CBB coach to me, and always will be, but I think the AD job (at least at USC) has put him behind the 8-ball from day 1. I know he wears his heart on his sleeve as far as USC is concerned, but as crazy as it may sound, we might need a guy who has little emotion for USC, but will take tough action when he needs to, which is I'm sure much more than most of us know.

I could see it being very difficult to hire asst. coaches even if Spurrier wanted to clean house. What quality coach would want to come here with the danger of Spurrier hanging it up at any time?

Mike McGee and Eric Hyman were professionals. I am afraid Ray regrets even taking this job. I thought it was an emotional move when he was hired. I do not blame SOS but we have a decision maker who in not SEC level.
Agree. We have King Dixon II.

I'm still chuckling over the numerous comments I read on this Board over the summer about how rejuvenated SOS was this year and how his rant during him impromptu PC last month evidenced how focused he is and consequently how we would shock the world. Well, look at SOS now after just 3 games. He looks worn out, beaten, detached. He's just guessing now. He thought Hoke would come in and fix Jr.'s and Ward's f*ck-ups of the past 2 seasons, but once again he is dead wrong.

What a joke, and the real sad part is Tanner isn't up to the task. He reminds me of Lumpy from Leave it to Beaver. Likeable guy. Simple minded. Not very sophisticated. In way over his head. Man, I miss Hyman! At least that guy was capable of running a $100MM corp which is what our Athletic Dept is. He was right when he felt Tanner was not the right guy to succeed him. What a mess we have now.

I know quite a few people that had issues with some of the things Hyman did, but he could break balls when he needed to, which is daily in a very large multi-million dollar company, like was mentioned. And the reality is, that's all P5 schools are anymore. Looking back though, it is probably not a coincidence all of the success we had under his watch but I wonder what he would do now as far as football?

Was completely in agreement with everything you said right up until "so get a grip". Something about being a condescending _____ (fill in the blank) just makes me tune out. Nice try, though.

I know quite a few people that had issues with some of the things Hyman did, but he could break balls when he needed to, which is daily in a very large multi-million dollar company, like was mentioned. And the reality is, that's all P5 schools are anymore. Looking back though, it is probably not a coincidence all of the success we had under his watch but I wonder what he would do now as far as football?
Hyman is probably very happy that he does'nt have to make that decision. If THIS team wins 7 or 8 games
this year, it will be one of the greatest turnarounds in school history (IMO). If we have many more fiascos
like the one in Ga., this year, Tanner needs to make a move. If not, then the BOT maybe should!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT