ADVERTISEMENT

What are your July 4th plans?

Are you going to fly the BLM flag and not fly an American Flag on the 4th of July? Because if the American Flag did not exist there would be no BLM flag. Have you ever thought about that Rollerdude?

apparently that is what he is doing. Again, why stay in this country if you hate it. If I had a job I hated I would try to find another job. He hasn’t moved Cuba or China yet I guess. Seems more his style. BLM are Marxists.

apparently that is what he is doing. Again, why stay in this country if you hate it. If I had a job I hated I would try to find another job. He hasn’t moved Cuba or China yet I guess. Seems more his style. BLM are Marxists.
And they big and mean while they got their skateboards in their hands

Headed up to the Golden Corner. Lake Keowee on Sat followed by some fishing on Jocassee Monday.

Two beautiful lakes, very close geographically , but very different in the amount of inhabitants. A little too close to your school, but imo Jocassee is the purist and prettiest lake in SC. We went to Devils Fork State Park for about fifteen Summers in a row, staying in the cabins with three other families. A eclectic group, two Gamecocks, one CU, and one UGA. F'ing COVID stopped our streak!

Two beautiful lakes, very close geographically , but very different in the amount of inhabitants. A little too close to your school, but imo Jocassee is the purist and prettiest lake in SC. We went to Devils Fork State Park for about fifteen Summers in a row, staying in the cabins with three other families. A eclectic group, two Gamecocks, one CU, and one UGA. F'ing COVID stopped our streak!
We were out on Jocassee Memorial Day weekend and the lake was just about at full pool. We are so used to seeing docks and homes around Keowee it’s like going back in time to see the tree covered slopes just disappearing into the lake. We’ve stayed in the cabins as well on many occasions. They are a great deal. I like that we can enjoy the lake and then drive up to Highlands or Cashiers for the day.

Reactions: hobcawcreekcock
Cookout
Watch The Patriot
Wish I could watch a baseball game.
Drink cold ones
Try to see a firework display somewhere.

A couple of Summers ago we were in NYC for the 4th of July. We took a subway part of the way down to the East River and walked down the rest of the way to see the fireworks. We had to scale a concrete wall to see the fireworks and we were packed in like sardines. We got there along time before the Fireworks Show began so that we could get a good position. It was so hot we couldn't wait till the fireworks show began so my wife and I plus another lady that was with us left. I think it was going to be something like another 30 minutes or hour before the show began. Bottom line we left before the show because we were so miserable we couldn't handle the heat and in all likelihood missed a great Fireworks Show but what can I say!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Having a quiet forth. Grilling out, watching fireworks in my neighborhood in a relaxing lawn chair with my family and most of all being thankful for what we have in this country.

Reactions: Snake006
A couple of Summers ago we were in NYC for the 4th of July. We took a subway part of the way down to the East River and walked downs the rest of the way to see the fireworks. We had to scale a concrete wall to see the fireworks and we were packed in like sardines. We got there along time before the Fireworks Show began so that we could get a good position. It was so hot we couldn't wait till the fireworks show began so my wife and I plus another lady that was with us left. I think it was going to be something like another 30 minutes or hour before the show began. Bottom line we left before the show because we were so miserable we couldn't handle the heat and in all likelihood missed a great Fireworks Show but what can I say!

I hope to cross that off the bucket list at some point. Don’t feel like staying 2 extra weeks so I know this isn’t the year! Lol.

Hard to beat that firework show.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I hope to cross that off the bucket list at some point. Don’t feel like staying 2 extra weeks so I know this isn’t the year! Lol.

Hard to beat that firework show.

I just wished we had seen it but my wife has no tolerance for heat and to be perfectly honest that night I couldn't handle the heat either. A friend that was with us stayed and watched the show and said it was fabulous. Again, I hate I missed the show. If it was better than the one we saw at Disney World years ago then we really missed something special.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Arriving on HHI the afternoon of the 4th. Staying till the 11th. Will probably play golf most of the week. Anybody nearby that would want to either play on the island or in Bluffton?

My weekend began today. I’m watching a fireworks show this evening, and doing yard work tomorrow. Saturday I am gonna smoke some chicken and either a brisket or ribs, complete with the side dishes. I’ll enjoy my time with my wife and my children whilst we proudly fly the American flag. Of course I will partake of icy cold beers. God bless America!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
My weekend began today. I’m watching a fireworks show this evening, and doing yard work tomorrow. Saturday I am gonna smoke some chicken and either a brisket or ribs, complete with the side dishes. I’ll enjoy my time with my wife and my children whilst we proudly fly the American flag. Of course I will partake of icy cold beers. God bless America!

I would love to have some of those smoked ribs.

A little cookout with my son and his family out by the pool. However, it's a big weekend. After church on Sunday, nine of us will gather at a local Mexican restaurant for Sombrero Sunday, to celebrate my son's turning 50.

Just watched a fireworks show under a mostly full moon over Lake Secession. It was great! America... home of the free; because of the Brave!

We usually go to our condo in Miami, needless to say this is not an option with the beach and pools closed. Stay home and swim in the pool, I have some baby back ribs marinating in mojo marinade, I will smoke those some time this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT